Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having trouble stopping eating ...

I'm almost 2 weeks post op... I feel like i'm basically 100% recovered on the outside. Functioning like normal. Light walking, house work, sleeping good (finally).... i lost 10 lbs since my surgery date.... now i am having major trouble stopping at a cup of food per meal.

I am in 'bandster hell' alright. The tiny amounts of mushy food (i'm in mushy stage) is not keeping me full for long at all... i just had a cup of lentil Soup... then had another cos i was staaarving.

I feel very full now, and i know that a)this feeling wont last long B) i shouldn't be feeling this full! It's a no no!

I haven't been overeating everyday only Yesterday and today. I don't want to continue this trend cos i don't wanna stretch my stomach..

Being an emotional eater i reached for the ice cream today cos i was stressed.... god, this isn't easy.

I drink loads of Water but that only stops the stomach grumbles for like 20 mins or so.... Any advice on how to deal with the hunger in bandster hell?

Apologies if this is a common question...

you will get alot of responses but here is mine

at almost 2 weeks, i was still on liquids and then i went to mushies and then soft...the first 4 to 6 weeks is for healing and is important that you realize what you have to do now.

stopping at a cup of food is not easy for me.... who ever thought getting a band was easy will not be successful...you have to help the band... this is my life now.

i was a huge/alot of stuff eater--the more the better.

its a matter of want power now...i am sure i can eat way more than my allotted cup but i stop.. i want to lose weight bad enough to make that decision to do what i have to do. (to stop at one cup)..so thats what you are going to have to do now. congrats on your surgery.

You have to stop. I know, it is easier said than done, but you need to train your body to accept the smaller amount of food. Bump up the Protein content and try drinking warm liquids in between. You have to really WANT the band to work. Do or do not, there is no try. Soon yesterday and today will become last week and this week, at which point you have reverted to pre-band eating. Make the sacrifice for your health now!

this is the hardest part clean all the junk out of your house now tell the family tough until you get the band working. The band requires some fills to get the right spot. mine took 3 fills and now its a ton easier then in those days. you will make it just one meal at a time.

Not to be mean but lentils aren't mushies they're solids. My doctor never said to measure by volume. Instead weigh your Protein to 3 oz.

Not to be mean but lentils aren't mushies they're solids. My doctor never said to measure by volume. Instead weigh your Protein to 3 oz.

Hey, Let me clarify...I say mushies, but my surgeon had me on 'soft' foods day after surgery. Lentils are in the diet plan from my NUT for day after surgery along with poached eggs, tuna, chicken etc....

this is the hardest part clean all the junk out of your house now tell the family tough until you get the band working. The band requires some fills to get the right spot. mine took 3 fills and now its a ton easier then in those days. you will make it just one meal at a time.

I threw out the ice cream and nutella (dangerous) and i went for a 65 moderate paced walk on an incline and burned 350 calories! I feel like i made an effort to 'undo' today in order to get rid of the guilt (you know how sometimes it's the guilt alone that can send you on a downward spiral) and tomorrow is a new day.

I didn't much like the feeling of fullness, i must admit it felt wrong. It got me paranoid and distraught about stretching my new expensive pouch...

Thanks everyone, you guys are really supportive for coming on here and helping us newbies. It def takes focus.

Cheers

Glad you were able to undo the bad... But next time when you think you need to eat and it isn't time or you have used up all your calories for the day... Find something else to do that doesn't involve food. As you know the time before restriction is so difficult but you apparently want it bad enough... So just teach yourself to say no.

It will get easier. ;)

My doctor advises to eat this way: Protein first then veg/fruit then a bite or two of bread. He says "bread is your friend.". Eating protein first will help you feel full longer and the bread will help too. But it's important to put the protein in first.

Glad you were able to undo the bad... But next time when you think you need to eat and it isn't time or you have used up all your calories for the day... Find something else to do that doesn't involve food. As you know the time before restriction is so difficult but you apparently want it bad enough... So just teach yourself to say no.

It will get easier. ;)

Thanks Floridays, it's good to know with some effort and 'training', it will be easier as time goes by. I can't wait until its second nature.

I am two weeks out also. 3 on Tuesday. I find that sugar free Jello works also. Good luck.