Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had the band?

Hi there I have my appointment. I am extremely scared of failing. How long have you had the band? Is it the best thing you have ever done?

Thanks for the input.

Jen

Wow that is wonderful to hear. Do you feel satisfied when you eat? I think probably the hardest is pre and post op care

I have had my band for 24 months. I have lost 220 lbs and am actually home recovering from my Tummy Tuck and breast lift/aug. I never once considered failure to be an option because I knew the band would do its job if I did mine. And it did. :)

I have had my band for 24 months. I have lost 220 lbs and am actually home recovering from my Tummy Tuck and breast lift/aug. I never once considered failure to be an option because I knew the band would do its job if I did mine. And it did. :)

Hey There

I keep being told I have a choice from the non believers. I have 75 pounds to lose that hasn't come off. Something must change. I was also told that I need a bmi of 40. I'm at 38 which is severely obese. Things need to change.

I didn't until after a couple fills' date=' but now, yes. I'm easily satisfied on a cup or less of food for many hours.[/quote']

That is good to hear :-)

Hey There

I keep being told I have a choice from the non believers. I have 75 pounds to lose that hasn't come off. Something must change. I was also told that I need a bmi of 40. I'm at 38 which is severely obese. Things need to change.

Certainly you have a choice.... and thankfully its all yours to make. There are several people on this site with lower BMI when they started...they seem to be very happy about their results. Go with your gut. Just be sure to fully understand what the life of a banded person entails... you will never be able to eat as you do now again.

Hi there I have my appointment. I am extremely scared of failing. How long have you had the band? Is it the best thing you have ever done?

Thanks for the input.

Jen

6 months ago, i could hardly walk and was bound and determined to be house ridden if i didnt do something...my band and plication gave me my life back..i can now push my grand baby around the block......and that is what i wanted to do...cant wait to see what i will be this time next year

Certainly you have a choice.... and thankfully its all yours to make. There are several people on this site with lower BMI when they started...they seem to be very happy about their results. Go with your gut. Just be sure to fully understand what the life of a banded person entails... you will never be able to eat as you do now again.

I believe the bad will help give me that full feeling I ignore. This is really my hope. I'm not a big junk food person. I am Protein and salad I just need to eat way too much

Hey There

My BMI was 37 when I was banded. Lost 75 pounds in 10 months and now my BMI is normal. The band is the best thing I have done for myself.

That is great to hear. It is so scary

I just passed my 3 year mark and still loving my band. No regrets!

I've had my band 7 months and I'm extremely happy with it. I've gotten my life back. Before it I couldn't even walk 1 block without my back killing me. Now I'm doing some jogging and realizing I'm enjoying it

Two years in April. I have maintaining for about a year now. Love it, wouldn't change a thing...