Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The first two days post-op I felt very minimal pain, but the pain got really bad my 3rd day post op where I couldn't even stand and just cried because my port area, under my ribs and mid back were hurting so bad. Today is now day 4, and I can still only get Water down. I tried eating Soup broth but after I felt so horrible. My back and shoulder felt as if I was being stabbed and my stomach felt as if it was just closing in on itself, mainly felt like my muscles were really tense. I'm assuming it was because I tried filling my stomach with soup and the gas was getting pushed around. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've taken milk of magnesia, which helped get things going and also started taking gas x strips which are saving my life and I'm not having as much pain, but I can still fill the gas inside my stomach because it literally feels like the bubbles are moving around in there. Since my stomach has been empty when it growls if feels and sounds hollow inside. I can't wait till the gas goes away and takes all it's bloating with it!

It will get better. I did a lot of walking around the house and the heating pad. I even continued to take pain meds if it got bad. Good luck!

Walking is the best thing to get rid of the gas.... The rest is just bandaids.... It will get better...hang in there

Im having bad gas pain too! It's all in my chest, and it's so painful...I don't understand people who say they feel fine after 1 or 2 days...is there something wrong with me?!

Im having bad gas pain too! It's all in my chest' date=' and it's so painful...I don't understand people who say they feel fine after 1 or 2 days...is there something wrong with me?![/quote']

No there not. I still felt gas pains as of yesterday which was day 7. I'm feeling much better today. Haven't drank any Protein shakes that's probably why! Haha.

I had my band placed of December 3, 2012 and honestly I'm just starting to feel better. Hand in there, it will get better. :)

Im having bad gas pain too! It's all in my chest' date=' and it's so painful...I don't understand people who say they feel fine after 1 or 2 days...is there something wrong with me?![/quote']

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the chest pain. I'm sorry your going through it as well. It's probably the worst part :(

I am freaked out half the day that something is wrong. I am on POD #3 and have tons of belching and also this high pressure feeling like a huge baseball is coming up from my stomach and up into my chest and throat area. It is not a belch? I don't make any noise but air is moving? All I know is that there is a lot of pressure and it is pretty painful, kinda like an esophageal spasm. I am having a horrible time getting my liquids in because of this and the fullness I am feeling. I am walking aroung a lot. Sorry to sound whiny; I am just kinda freaked out at this point.

It is definitely a belch that you need to get out. I had the same thing. It hurts but standing up and bending over forward and sideways will get it out eventually. The band is blocking it from coming out. I also quit shakes post op. they had to much Fiber and gave me bloating gas. I'm 6 months down the road and feel awesome. Went from 215-170. Got a good start!

I am freaked out half the day that something is wrong. I am on POD #3 and have tons of belching and also this high pressure feeling like a huge baseball is coming up from my stomach and up into my chest and throat area. It is not a belch? I don't make any noise but air is moving? All I know is that there is a lot of pressure and it is pretty painful' date=' kinda like an esophageal spasm. I am having a horrible time getting my liquids in because of this and the fullness I am feeling. I am walking aroung a lot. Sorry to sound whiny; I am just kinda freaked out at this point.[/quote']

I'm so sorry. I know how that feels and it's definitely no fun. Every time I drank,stood up or took a deep breath I could feel the pain in my chest as if a golf all was stuck or I was going to have a heart attack. Every time it happened I would pat my chest and the pain would go away. Im still getting the pain but its very minimal, although I can still feel the gas rumbling around in my tummy as if something is going to come out and it doesn't. I know this may sound weird, but when I stop thinking about it, it just comes out.

The gas pain is definitely something that we aren't warned about before hand and its the worse part! No amount of pain meds can help.

Good news is that it passes quickly enough!

When you start seeing results though you'll look back and know it was worth it.