Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vomiting and Scared

The last two days I have vomited pretty hard after lunch... I was stuck both times for taking that 1 bite too many and I am just nervous about all of the vomiting because I know it can cause you to slip. I am very scared of this. I had already gone in after my last fill to see if they could take some out but the dr seems to think I should be fine where I am at. I feel like I can't eat a meal without getting stuck or close to getting stuck and I HATE that feeling. I try to eat slow, I try to over chew and eat small bites but I got to this point way too quick. I didnt' expect to be sooo restricted to quick... after my 1st fill I was still able to eat just not a lot and not certain things but now I feel like I can't eat at all. I take my 1st bite and feel like I am going to be stuck... it is definitely not going so well. I yell at my husband way more than I would like to because I get stuck and he tries to talk to me but I can't even bare the pain... I am to the point where I had to ask him to not talk to me when I am eating because it will cause me to eat too fast subconcsiouly and then I get stuck... I think I am just very frustrated but I guess I just have to keep trucking.

Don't worry though I will be going on an all liquid diet for the next 24-48 hours to give my stomach and esophogas a break.

First, relax it will be okay. liquids is a great plan, then do mushies for a day or two and slowly go to solids. Also try using a minute timer when you eat. Even after 10 months i have problems eating too fast and taking too big a bit.

If you still have problems call your doctor and demand he take some fill out. Remember he works for you and if the fill is too much for you then you need less.

Good luck you will be fine. It is frustrating, but you can do this.

You haven't done any damage with a couple of vomitting episodes, just a bit of irritation and you're doing the right thing by going to liquids etc. may I ask how big your bites are? I used to think I was taking small enough bites but until my nutritionist showed me how small my small wasn't small enough. So I don't make the mistake of taking to big a bite I started to cut up my food to the right size bites, about the size of your thumb nail. I wait a minute or more till I'm sure the food has passed through before putting anymore into my mouth. Distractions are what gave me awful stuck episodes so now when I eat that's all I concentrate on, the world can wait twenty mins till I'm done.

Try to eat stress free as personally for me if I get stressed the band tightens and I actually feel the tightening.

If you are taking small enough bites and waiting that minute between bites and still getting stuck then yes you are too tight.

I am probably taking too big of bites based on what your saying. They are about double that which is half the size I used to so I guess it seemed small. I will cut them down smaller. Thanks.

I appreciate all of tour info. I don't think I am too tight I think I irritated the band yesterday and didn't take precaution so I double irritated it today. I guess I just needed encouragement. I find myself reading LBT posts often while I eat to focus my concentration on the band and what its doing for me. I don't think I am at the green zone but I am very close.

I understand! bits should be about the size of your pinky nail (yes that's small!) and the other thing hard for me is waiting that minute between bits.

Good luck and keep posting. This site has been such a great help in my success.

One more suggestion would be to turn off the TV turn off the computer do not read or talk or anything while you're eating just concentrate on eating and making sure that you chew Until you get use to your band. I still get stuck.... Like right now. I was very hungry and ate too fast. Hamburger helper stroganoff. Didn't chew good enough. My fault.

I've had a lot more food come up also since I got my last fill. You may not be able to eat the same things you were eating before the fill, and you have to be psychologically ready to give up possibly a lot of different types of foods--that's my opinion only. I didn't have a tight enough fill to start feeling restricted for a year and 1/2 and then at 8cc I finally had to stop eating certain foods. That made me more ready for 9cc, where I really can't eat a lot of different foods but I can eat enough different foods to stay healthy.

You probably aren't supposed to say this but when I first was "vomiting" from the 8cc fill, I was really feeling like I was truly vomiting. Now I can control how the food comes up, even if I can't control it coming up when it gets stuck. I drink big gulps of juice and it comes up more easily and without the awful vomiting feeling. Doing it with liquid makes it much easier for me to bring up food that is stuck.

I eat a lot of melted cheese, Soup with soft vegetables, refried Beans, soy milk and milk products and crackers and croutons. I can drink almost everything but have trouble with the juice of oranges, tomatoes and lemons (anything acidic). It's not an exact science so see what your body is comfortable with and vary your foods to see what doesn't make you vomit.

Sorry, I should say that I'm not vomiting, but pbing.