Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New from/in Louisiana, banding this wed! 2days! so excited!!!

yes maa'm. that must have been you in the other section. I think u were wearing pink? or white? I cant remember. The nurse did mention you were in an online group when I was telling her about this one. Funny we were right there together! I was gonna ask but it seemed rude & you looked a little nervous right before you went in. Yours went well too I see. :))

Smiles4Di, give us an update when you get a chance. I ended up with 6 or 7 incisions but it all went well. We are all bandiversary buddies now!

yes maa'm. that must have been you in the other section. I think u were wearing pink? or white? I cant remember. The nurse did mention you were in an online group when I was telling her about this one. Funny we were right there together! I was gonna ask but it seemed rude & you looked a little nervous right before you went in. Yours went well too I see. :))

I was wearing pink. I admit I was nervous and very sick to the stomach. I did not think you were there to be banded honestly.

How are you feeling this evening? Everything ok?

Well I did lose a little weight between my dr visits and now but im just under 300 lbs & it always comes back with more. I take that as a compliment but when ur 5'10 you can carry a lil extra without showing too much. The only reason I knew what u wre in for is cause the nurses had told me I would be his second lb and u were yhe only one there. Theyd also said he tells everyone to go in @ 5am even though they dont start prepping us til 5:30.

Yesterday was harder since we had about a 3hr drive home. I only got out once to stretch & walk. I had to make my brother stop. He isnt used to seeing me sick & I was getting nauseated. By the time I got home the pain meds were wearing off. I had a bad case of dry heaves when I tried to take the meds. Its been hard trying to get these liquids down! I usually drink a lot of Water but I only got about 5 ounces in. I probably only got about 3oz Isopure liquid down.and about 3 chicken broth. Last night i even had my son bring a popscicle to me so i coukd get some liquids but just woke at 4am with it melted inside the wrapper! Im averaging about 1oz per hour. I do have some liquid Vitamins so i got those down.

Today should be better.

How was your first day?

I bet that three hour drive was rough. Luckily you made it with no prob. My husband said he was told Dr. Bellanger had two back to back and he assumed it was you because we were the only ones there. I lost around 26 pounds before the surgery. Yesterday was rough my throat really bothered me and I can't cough up this mucus because it hurts to cough. I can't get many liquids in either. I looked at the hospital nutrition plan yesterday and laughed. There was no way I was gonna get 60 grams of Protein down. I can say this though. I have never been so appreciative of the recliner. As hours passed I felt better and better.

Yep. We took my brothers car (new camaro) cause hes used to driving it more than mine. Made sense @ the time. But man on man. I could feel every little bump even the stripes on the road, lol. Prob lost 8lbs from the bumps alone. No wonder the nurse asked if I had a recliner. I dont but I have a good reading pillow and stacjed tons of other pillows on it. This gas buildup in my left shoulder hurts more than the incisions.. walking helps.so does gasx but I want it gone!

Dud u buy the Isopure liquid ? It has 40g protien per bottle. Im determine d to drink this 2nd bottle today. The first was super gross & I even couldnt drink Water the 1st day. Gonna let yhe kids finish off that bottle (athletes). Just took my 2nd dose pain meds. Crushed the phenergan & mixed it in.

Ive already gotten in 3oz chicken broth & about 3oz Water so I know today will be better. Besides yesterday I didnt get situated til 3pm. I know this protien helps healing so im gonna get it down today. Besides I need to get on track. I was so excited yesterday I couldn't sit still @ hospital. They say 1st few days is hardes t so I hung my favorite skirt on my closet door as a reminder of healthier times (used to wear it 10 years ago) and as a motivational tool.

I know its early, but how are u tolerating things this morning?

By Christmas we will be feeling so much better!

I found the Isopure liquid in 20oz bottles @ GNC. If u still have truoble getting protien in perhaps hubby can get u a bottle. Or did u get Dr. B.'s post op packs? Id already picked up a few things on my own so I didnt get it.

Not a camaro!!! LOL I completely understand. You probably did lose on the way home. I did get the GNC Isopure I have to force myself to drink anything. I am doing a lot of sleeping. I have a 'pillow fort' built in the bed. I did not get Dr. B's pack because I didn't meet with the nutritionist until Monday. I found out my surgery date last week and was banded this week. I am a part of a study with OGB and it has been a whirlwind. How old are your kids? They should take over all of your post-op goodies: Vitamins and Protein Shakes.< /p>

Mine was scheduled pretty quickly as well. Im also in Heads Up. Isnt it great?!?! I did my preadmitting last Wednesday & met with her then. We are going tI have to sync our appointments @ Pennington & dr B! Lol. My follow up with dr b is 1/9.

Having to drive out there, work, & keep up w my busy kids cut down on time I had free. But I did a lot of reading so have lil spoons, protien powders, liquid Vitamins & small "sippy" cups. I did order the bariatric chewable vitamins ti take after the liquid ones run out. I ordered them monday & they should be here today.

My kids are 21, 19, and I have 15yr old twins. Only the twins live @ home. They've been pretty helpful but both play basketball and have intensive practice during holiday break. You have children or othrr family besides the hubby?

I signed up for Heads up back in February and I dint get a call until October. I had forgotten about it and since then it has been crazy. I have everything you have but I didn't order the bariatric Vitamins. I did a lot of research in these last two months to get prepared. The video blogs on YouTube helped. I go back to Dr. B on the 9th too. My appt is at 1245. Was he the closest Dr to you? A lady I met through the Pennington sessions is having surgery in Shreveport on the 27th. We do not have kids yet. Just a dog. Hopefully this tool will help us and we will get there soon enough.

My appointment is at 1pm. :)

I too am from Ohio and have been living in SWLA for a few years! That's crazy! I was banded 12/4/12 in Dallas. I'm going through some struggles now in week 6, but am happy so far. I just found it funny we both lived in the same place going through this. I wish you all the best!! I'm glad I have some southern buddies!

What part of swla JoJo? Hopefully your 6week issues have passed. How are you doing now?

hey guys.... what's Heads UP? My daughter in law wants this so bad but her insurance won't cover... Please message me or respond here....

I'm so glad for the both of you....... us Louisiana girls have to stick together...