Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding on December 19

Ok gonna whine. The bloat is driving me crazy cuz it's all above my belly button. My clothes look funny on me. Ugh. Any suggestions on getting it to diminish?

I really Dont have any. The only thing that has helped mildly is the gas x. I think it mostly will just take time for all the swelling to go down then the gas/boating will diminish.

First fill today- it was ok! The doctor numbed me and found my port on the first try!! I def recommend getting the numbing agent as I felt no pain!

Doc initially put in 5ccs but I had difficulty swallowing so he took out 1cc so I am 4ccs!!

I am super excited because I feel like the journey truly begins now! I can't wait until my full exercise release which is Feb 1! Start my treadmill walking tomorrow :)

That's great smiles! I go next Tuesday for my first! Im excited to get to the green zone!!!

So I was banded on the 19th. I had my first post-op yesterday. They do not put any Fluid in the band at my Drs office until you are 6 weeks out from surgery so I will go in 2/7 for that, which is 2 days before the hubby and I take a romantic trip to St Thomas. So excited :-) I got to move to mushies last night I had a scrambled egg with pureed zucchini in it. It tasted like pure heaven. This morning I enjoyed cottage cheese and I am really looking forward to hummus for lunch :-) My port site is becoming less irritated so that is great. Just hope I keep losing. Goal is 10 lbs this month :-) They only released me to walking last night so treadmill here I come.

Bosnia - wow your 1st fill... I'm jealous. I also had surgery on December 19th, but my 1st fill isn't until 1/17. Congrats!

Biandi - sorry my autocorrect changed your name.

Jmd thats fine :-) I did not get a fill I just had my first post op appintment. My first fill is not until 2/7 at the earliest :-) My dr makes us wait at least 6 weeks post op.

I don't know when my first fill will be. On Dec. 19 was my surgery and my dr leves the band empty. I know they don't start fills until the healing process is over, so I guess 6 weeks. But then, they only do fills if you are hungry earlier than 4 hours (I think something like that).

For now I am happy to be on mushies but it's more work than the liquid diet because planning 6 mini meals seems hard to me. shakes and Soup was a non brainer, I just had to remember to pack Water and shakes if I was going out. Now I'll have to pack 2 tbsp of one thing, a slice of lunch meat, it just seems like a lot of little amounts of food to pack for the day. Luckily I have the weekend to adjust to this phase.

This morning I had 2 tbsp cold Cereal, 1/2 cup of milk for Breakfast. My sample menu also says a soft boiled egg but I didn't make that. I prob should have started with that bc it's the Protein.

Last night after my post op and my OK to move on to mushies I went to Panereas with my family. I did not want soup after 4 weeks of liquids (2 pre op). So I got a kids meal turkey and cheese sandwich. I did not eat the bread. It came with one slice of cheese that I ate, and I ate less than half the turkey. Thinly sliced turkey, ham, chicken is on my list of ok mushies, so is soft cheeses and AMerican is one of the examples. At first I was tearing the turkey into little pieces but I felt like I looked like I had an eating disorder in public. So I picked up the turkey and ate little pieces.

What is everyone else doing for mushies? How many times a day do you eat? What do you eat? Do you have to pack mushies or are you mostly home when you eat them?

I am not doing six meals I do 3 meals plus 2 Protein Shakes. I gues every doctor is differnt. I have been doing plain cottage cheese for breakfast at 8am. nectar Protein Shake at 10. Hummus with sun dried tomatoes or tuna fish with some plain yogurt mixed in for lunch at 12. Then Nectar Protein shake at 2pm. Then dinner at 6 which I have been doing one scrambled egg with pureed zucchini mixed in. I take the breakfast and lunch and shakes with me to eat at work and then do the dinner at home.

i got my band on the 19 as well. how are you ladies doing?

Hello lady. I got mine on the 18. Doing pretty good so far. Go for fill January 30. How are doing so far?

How is weight loss everyone? I got a fill but still have appetite - as a result I am super confused!

The pain for the most part is gone but still a bit sore by port.

Any thoughts or ideas?

How is weight loss everyone? I got a fill but still have appetite - as a result I am super confused!

The pain for the most part is gone but still a bit sore by port.

Any thoughts or ideas?

I had my first fill yesterday. Got my appetite back today but its not strong.

Why are u confused?

I still have some pain near my port too which is normal!

I don't get a fill until 2/21. Doctor waits two months. I get hungry but only when I think I should. Such as if I have lunch about noon and don't get home until after 7 then I'm pretty darn hungry. Keeping all my meals to under a cupful and most days getting in all my Protein. Rarely do i eat more than 1000 calories/day. Still struggling to get in all the Water. Even using a timer to remind doesn't help. I'm just not thirsty and if I truly force myself I gag. Any ideas?

Hey tara,

I am goal driven so I got a bottle and marked the 64oz mark on it. I fill that with Water and drink on it all day until the water is gone. If it starts getting to warm I will add an ice cube or two. But if you can see what you need to consume for the day. The 64 oz is 3.75 bottles of bottled water if it helps to look at it that way too :-)

I don't get a fill until 2/21. Doctor waits two months. I get hungry but only when I think I should. Such as if I have lunch about noon and don't get home until after 7 then I'm pretty darn hungry. Keeping all my meals to under a cupful and most days getting in all my Protein. Rarely do i eat more than 1000 calories/day. Still struggling to get in all the Water. Even using a timer to remind doesn't help. I'm just not thirsty and if I truly force myself I gag. Any ideas?

Its hard to do especially when u don't feel thirsty or hungry. Try to drink other things besides just Water too. Set a goal of how much to drink on your way to and from work. That will help too if u have a little bit of a drive.