Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm back and I have a question?

So I haven't checked in for a while. Probably because of the shame I have been feeling. I haven't been doing so well lately. I have had 2 fills but still have some bad habits. My health has been pretty crappy lately. I started having these strange symptoms about 4 weeks ago, long story short I was diagnosed with Cold Urticaria. And with this CU I have developed horrible headaches. I am miserable. CU is basically an allergy to the cold I break out in hives and living in Idaho where our winters can last up to 9 months sucks! The Doctors are clueless looking for everything from an infection to cancer. So far the only thing they have found is that my thyroid medicine is not strong enough. Has any one had something this weird happen to them after getting their band?

Sorry you have had health issues. If you want to re commit to the band, you know what to do.

So I haven't checked in for a while. Probably because of the shame I have been feeling. I haven't been doing so well lately. I have had 2 fills but still have some bad habits. My health has been pretty crappy lately. I started having these strange symptoms about 4 weeks ago, long story short I was diagnosed with Cold Urticaria. And with this CU I have developed horrible headaches. I am miserable. CU is basically an allergy to the cold I break out in hives and living in Idaho where our winters can last up to 9 months sucks! The Doctors are clueless looking for everything from an infection to cancer. So far the only thing they have found is that my thyroid medicine is not strong enough. Has any one had something this weird happen to them after getting their band?

I have only had excellent health since getting banded but I cannot see how this CU has anything to do with the band but of course I am not a doctor.

I would however consider moving to a warmer climate if the one I lived in made me sick.

Have your doctor check you for Hasimoto disease. It is an autoimmune disease of the thyroid. Google it. Sounds like you may have the symptoms. I know I was diagnosed last year BC if a struggly with my thyroid meds not working. I had to start taking two types of medications

Get another doctor's opinion. Google a support group on thyroid conditions. I'm sure the band didn't cause this.

Best wishes