Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help that's where I'm at I need help

In this case when the end of the thread is "I need help" that's what is give. I am a friend of OP and I talked with him as I would my best friend. Ask CG, when I tell her to shut up and put your big girl panties on, she knows its in love.Thats the problem with writing replys, you don't get tone of voice , body language or feelings. Like real life personalities clash sometimes.

I for one would not bother being on here if not to try and help someone.

I too am just 2mths out not in green zone and just share what helps me.

You can take it or not

Love & good wishes to all my bandy's

Everyone needs a different kind of support at different times. It is often hard to tell when reading whether "help" is a swift kick in the butt, or an answer like... "Yes, that happened to me too and here is what I did." Tone of voice is lost in the written word. Assume that when you read responses and questions. I do, and I find the forum to be a great support tool!

I did not mean that in a derogatory way at all. What I was trying to say is that sometimes people are here for support, encouragement, sympathy, understanding....not necessarily to be educated or told what to do.

I understand members' need for support, encouragement, sympathy, understanding, and all those warm, squishy things, but none of us are mind readers and all of us are humans, full of weaknesses and strengths.

I got a lot of education from my bariatric team, but I also got a lot from my online pals. The bariatric professionals who are trying to help us most often have no personal experience of obesity or WLS. The everyday, day-after-day reality of obesity and weight loss, the how to survive and thrive, how to stay motivated, and how to face the ways we've screwed up as well as the ways we're doing well, are what an online WLS community like LBT has to offer, if members are willing to take it.

As the 12-steppers say: take what you need and leave the rest.

I understand members' need for support' date=' encouragement, sympathy, understanding, and all those warm, squishy things, but none of us are mind readers and all of us are humans, full of weaknesses and strengths.

I got a lot of education from my bariatric team, but I also got a lot from my online pals. The bariatric professionals who are trying to help us most often have no personal experience of obesity or WLS. The everyday, day-after-day reality of obesity and weight loss, the how to survive and thrive, how to stay motivated, and how to face the ways we've screwed up as well as the ways we're doing well, are what an online WLS community like LBT has to offer, if members are willing to take it.

As the 12-steppers say: take what you need and leave the rest.[/quote']

Great post Jean!

It has just been a long day with the same questions over and over. It really would help if folks did a search on the topic of their question and read previous posts before starting another thread.

Why would someone do that when they are looking for individual support. That is what this forum is about right?

Amen Shackwacky ! You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't even post any more about being hungry or when feel like a made a mistake because I know I will get ridiculed. I stick to certain people and a certain forum that I know that will have my back and are there for me.

I understand members' need for support' date=' encouragement, sympathy, understanding, and all those warm, squishy things, but none of us are mind readers and all of us are humans, full of weaknesses and strengths.

As the 12-steppers say: take what you need and leave the rest.[/quote']

Worth reading again!

When a person is newly banded they have all the printed materials that tell them important aspects about the band BUT they don't have the expierence on how this material will work on them because they are just starting to travel the road. And frankly many lapband patients are orphaned meaning that they are on their own after the actual surgery so they turn to these boards to get encouragement/support. Do you know that most lapband people can't describe what "restriction" means in lapband terms (one word I wish that was never used in conjunction with lapband)? I'd cut some slack to a newly banded person and give them encouragement while telling them to follow their doctors instructions. I think that is all they want is assurance they aren't alone and that others have gone down the path, bumpy and smooth, and have come out on the right road.

Some really good advice my Dr gave me pre banding was that the band will only do 70% of the work. I had to do the other 30%. I specifically asked what that entailed and he said... measure food portions' date=' count calories (1000 each day) and drink Water Water water. Stay away from ALL carbonation, keep every monthly Dr appointment and take 20-30 minutes to eat.

I have lost 220 lbs in 2 years so I am a firm believer that his advise works.[/quote']

SOOOO... If I want to be successful, I should look to you as an example. Simple as that.

Great advice!

Ok, so when I said Old Timers I was talking about people who have had the ban for a while not literally someones age. You can be 23 years old and be an old timer.

So please forgive me for not making myself more clear. I respect what you say cause you've been there and I can learn from you. ;-)

Ok' date=' so when I said Old Timers I was talking about people who have had the ban for a while not literally someones age. You can be 23 years old and be an old timer.

So please forgive me for not making myself more clear. I respect what you say cause you've been there and I can learn from you. ;-)[/quote']

Everyone took it as you meant it , so don't give it another thought. Most of those "old timers" are friends of mine. We're all good.

Hope things are going a little better for you. I had a terrible day today, was hungry all day, makes for a long time between meals. Thank goodness for my diet hot chocolate, even get 2gr of Protein in.lol

BTW- for dinner had a Morning Star Prime Griller and it was very good. Just in case you're looking for something different to try.

We're going to get through this, kicking & screaming, but we'll do it.

OD I get ya.. I do understand both sides here... Some it's called tough love and I know they do mean well, and I can see how some of that offends and puts off new banders also. I was one and still am, and sometimes I'm like geesh myself.. until I read it again and I understand, they really do mean well ad want us all to succeed.

Some people have it easy and are lucky and don't need fills, some need multiple.. we are all different and lose weight differently. Hang in there.. it will definitely get easier. I had no clue how hard it was going to be. I would come to my surgeon about what I read here on LBT, saying.. I read it will take 3 months or more to feel restriction, and he said.. Oooh no! you will feel it right away ( with no fill ) Well, I've had 1 fill and I still don't.. But I am pushing on.. as I know you will also. It is fustrating, and it sure the hell is bandsters hell.. but we will push on, because we know if we don't.. where our life will end up.. and be.. exactly what we were before.. Unhealthy and completely unhappy.. and this is a small price to pay for the way we will feel in no time.. and when I say no time.. Did you see Hoe FAST this year flew by!! :) ya.. we got this!! Kick its butt hun!

we are here to lose weight with the help of a band and lets just support each other and leave it at that..

SOOOO... If I want to be successful, I should look to you as an example. Simple as that.

Great advice!

Well thanks but I would never expect to know what is right for another person... I can just share what has worked for me.;)

I have to agree that some people on here are very rude and act like you are stupid for asking. So what if someone ask the same question. I see some of the same people who post rude comments to several people so its not that they are having a bad day. They are just RUDE. There is enough anger and hate in this world. Especially the last few weeks. This should be a place we can come for for support. Didnt your mother teach you if you cant say something nice don't say it at all?