Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help that's where I'm at I need help

Well my first fill is December 20th I've lost 50 pounds on my own and now I'm to the point to where I just can not lose any more no matter what I do. I mean this was my whole problem to begin with I would lose a little bit of weight give up and gain it all back plus more. That is why I got the ban I mean I know I have a problem with eating too much and I know a lot of people say I need will power but really if it was that easy I wouldn't have needed to get the ban. I say all this because I've only lost 5 pounds since my surgery and I'm afraid that when I go for my first fill my doctor's going to be pissed. Have any of you guys or gals experienced this? if so please comment. And if so was your doctor pissed?

You know I'm where you're at. I've talked with you many a time trying to encourage you to hang on. Trying to give you idea's on how to stop the hunger between meals. I've only had one fill the end of Nov, next one Jan 6th and yes, I do get hungry between meals. So I do understand and it's not about willpower, it's about wantpower. How bad do you want to lose weight? Bad enough to stick to Drs orders and eat your allotted meals?

It aggravates me when ppl barely out of their 6wk healing phase and boohooing that the band isn't working for them. It wasn't meant to work right out of the gate and it's really a shame that the surgeons doing these procedures are not explaining this well enough.

We're in "Bandsters Hell", either deal with it, or give up. I choose to deal with it! For heavens sake, none of us are going to starve to death, we have too much fat to live off. Every time my stomach growls, it's like ok burn that fat baby!

Now I believe you can do this. I know I am going to do this!!!!

Like CG, I'm sticking to my Drs plans and yes I am losing weight, but not b/c I have restriction. It's because I have WANTPOWER. I want this more than anything. Between a car accident and needing double knee replacement,pain so bad I'd rather die than live like this. This is my only hope and I refuse to blow it.

God pretty much threw this in my face, made it happen, made my wish come true, gave me signs it was the right path. I'm not going to let Him down either. He & I are in this together!

Now darnit, put your big boy pants on and deal with it!

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but I think sometimes being direct is the only way, considering I've talked with you many times already.

May God Bless & keep you!

Minimi that's good advice which I understand, and I am in it for the long haul.

The beginning of my thread was a simple question, not you but some people on here want to act like us new bandys are week and have no self control and are uneducated about the ban but that's not it, it's just real time and we are finding out it's a little harder then we expected.

4 years ago I went from 250 pounds to 155 pounds and kept it off for two years without the ban. I use to run all the time then I had to have surgery on my ankle and I had to have a bone marrow transplant and thats when I started to gain weight up to 300 pounds.

I know thats no excuse but life happens. So I looked into lapband for over a year, went to classes got educated as much as I could about it, even read blogs tweets just like here on this site about how great it was, and how many people lost weight.

So I know what to do, I just thought it would be easier thats all.

I think a lot of people go into this expecting it to be a lot easier than it is. It frustrates me, not at the people struggling, but rather at the surgeons who are obviously not being blunt with their patients before surgery about how much work life with the band really is.

I know right now it doesn't seem like it, but it really does get a lot easier. If someone had told me only a month after surgery I'd be coasting along as easily as am now, I'm not sure I'd have believed them. Once you can go 4+ hours without hunger after small meals, it will get a lot easier for you too.

Minimi that's good advice which I understand, and I am in it for the long haul.

The beginning of my thread was a simple question, not you but some people on here want to act like us new bandys are week and have no self control and are uneducated about the ban but that's not it, it's just real time and we are finding out it's a little harder then we expected.

4 years ago I went from 250 pounds to 155 pounds and kept it off for two years without the ban. I use to run all the time then I had to have surgery on my ankle and I had to have a bone marrow transplant and thats when I started to gain weight up to 300 pounds.

I know thats no excuse but life happens. So I looked into lapband for over a year, went to classes got educated as much as I could about it, even read blogs tweets just like here on this site about how great it was, and how many people lost weight.

So I know what to do, I just thought it would be easier thats all.

Awe, I'm sorry! I know first hand it is hard. Everyone here means well, just glean what you can from what is being said. I am a newbie too, I also ran the NWM 2011 then hurt my back. SOB when you're body is used to burning a lot of calories with running as soon as you stop it is like peddling backwards downhill!

Self-control would only be called out by the "old timers" if you are sabotaging your efforts by eating junk foods. What you are doing will pay off, for sure. Believe me you see it all on this forum!

Banded life is not as hard as not being able to tie your shoes, fit in an airplane seat, being looked at funny because of your weight, or dying from obesity. (that was meant as a pep talk)

Hang in there. We are all here for you!

Bee Well!

oladad, you are doing great. You are in hell and it sucks the big wet one! Trust me I remember it well, something I will not forget. I don't see myself as an old timer, but I am at my goal. I understand your frustration, I think we all do. The band is our tool to use, the problem is we have to follow the rules & damn that wasn't in the brochure! It isn't as easy as we though, as you are seeing. We have to change our lifestyle and in the meantime we have to wait for our band to catch up. It sucks!

You will get there and if you want it you will see success. Bee patient. We support you and will bee there for you.

You can do this! Bee*lieve in yourself (we do)!

It has just been a long day with the same questions over and over. It really would help if folks did a search on the topic of their question and read previous posts before starting another thread.

It has just been a long day with the same questions over and over. It really would help if folks did a search on the topic of their question and read previous posts before starting another thread.

Yeah I guess you're right.

It would also would help if people who are frustrated from reading the same questions over and over not comment, because it comes off mean after reading their comments they made on the other threads.

I came back to apologize. I flew off the handle and I'm sorry. I'm not usually like that and I guess being hungry too makes you cranky. This isn't an excuse but my granddaughter was in the ER all day today, she has multiple health issues and we live one day at a time with her. I came on here tonight to be uplifted and it really went sour fast.

Like Missy said, so many post just like this and it is like WTH!

I truly do believe you can do this and I do want you to succeed ! We're in this together!

I hope you accept my apology!

Dr Phil said today when you type something on a forum, go get a drink and reread before sending. I wish I had listened to his advice.

Funny thing about an open forum.... it's open!

Everyone says what is on their minds & hearts. Sometimes it's love & support and sometimes it's harsh & truthful. I don't think any of us want to be mean to any fellow bandster. We all have good days & we all have bad days. We are in this together and together we will beat this terrible disease called obesity.

Let's all Bee thankful we have each other.

I came back to apologize. I flew off the handle and I'm sorry. I'm not usually like that and I guess bein too makes you cranky. This isn't an excuse but my granddaughter was in the ER all day today' date=' she has multiple health issues and we live one day at a time with her. I came on here tonight to be uplifted and it really went sour fast.

Like Missy said, so many post just like this and it is like WTH!

I truly do believe you can do this and I do want you to succeed ! We're in this together!

I hope you accept my apology!

Dr Phil said today when you type something on a forum, go get a drink and reread before sending. I wish I had listened to his advice.[/quote']

Please no reason to apologize you spoke your mind and that's what it's all about.

I know you ment it in a good way :-)

I know you've giving me advice in the past and I really appreciate it, it's just, it gets frustrating and I have to vent to see what my fellow Bandys say. You know how it is after a long day and it's been on your mind and the only people you have to talk to that knows what you're going through is you guys, because you all understand and you all have been there. So no apology needed. ;-)

You know I'm where you're at. I've talked with you many a time trying to encourage you to hang on. Trying to give you idea's on how to stop the hunger between meals. I've only had one fill the end of Nov' date=' next one Jan 6th and yes, I do get hungry between meals. So I do understand and it's not about willpower, it's about wantpower. How bad do you want to lose weight? Bad enough to stick to Drs orders and eat your allotted meals?

It aggravates me when ppl barely out of their 6wk healing phase and boohooing that the band isn't working for them. It wasn't meant to work right out of the gate and it's really a shame that the surgeons doing these procedures are not explaining this well enough.

We're in "Bandsters Hell", either deal with it, or give up. I choose to deal with it! For heavens sake, none of us are going to starve to death, we have too much fat to live off. Every time my stomach growls, it's like ok burn that fat baby!

Now I believe you can do this. I know I am going to do this!!!!

Like CG, I'm sticking to my Drs plans and yes I am losing weight, but not b/c I have restriction. It's because I have WANTPOWER. I want this more than anything. Between a car accident and needing double knee replacement,pain so bad I'd rather die than live like this. This is my only hope and I refuse to blow it.

God pretty much threw this in my face, made it happen, made my wish come true, gave me signs it was the right path. I'm not going to let Him down either. He & I are in this together!

Now darnit, put your big boy pants on and deal with it!

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but I think sometimes being direct is the only way, considering I've talked with you many times already.

May God Bless & keep you![/quote']

My big boy pants don't fit no more, but that's a good thing! ;-)

Please no reason to apologize you spoke your mind and that's what it's all about.

I know you ment it in a good way :-)

I know you've giving me advice in the past and I really appreciate it, it's just, it gets frustrating and I have to vent to see what my fellow Bandys say. You know how it is after a long day and it's been on your mind and the only people you have to talk to that knows what you're going through is you guys, because you all understand and you all have been there. So no apology needed. ;-)

Thank you, but an apology was needed. I went off the deep end. I guess I was trying to shock you into reality and I'm much to worn out to be diplomatic tonight. I do consider you a friend and I don't want you to think you can not post your concerns.

I'll be so glad when we get into the green zone. I keep thinking, well it took me 7mths to get banded and that went by fast, so if it takes 6mths to hit green zone, that won't be too bad. Wishful thinking! A year from now we'll be sitting back laughing about how crazy "bandster hell" made us.

God Bless!

My big boy pants don't fit no more, but that's a good thing! ;-)

That's a wonderful thing! You're losing inches!

That's a wonderful thing! You're losing inches!

Not always a good thing for us guys :rolleyes:

Fortunately, with the band, for guys, it works the other way :D

tmf

tmf

LOL, I heard that! :)

tmf

ROFLMAO!