Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help that's where I'm at I need help

Well my first fill is December 20th I've lost 50 pounds on my own and now I'm to the point to where I just can not lose any more no matter what I do. I mean this was my whole problem to begin with I would lose a little bit of weight give up and gain it all back plus more. That is why I got the ban I mean I know I have a problem with eating too much and I know a lot of people say I need will power but really if it was that easy I wouldn't have needed to get the ban. I say all this because I've only lost 5 pounds since my surgery and I'm afraid that when I go for my first fill my doctor's going to be pissed. Have any of you guys or gals experienced this? if so please comment. And if so was your doctor pissed?

You have to excuse me but WTF is going on today??? This is the 6th post like this in the last 8 hours? Sorry, but here are the links to the first two that mirror your thoughts almost exactly?

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/161530-very-confused-about-lapband-and-reason-for-it/page__hl__b#820852#entry1893880

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/161530-very-confused-about-lapband-and-reason-for-it/

I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude and I know you just logged in so you have no idea what went on before you came along today, but many of us have been answering the same questions over and over again today. So, the links above should help you, i hope?

tmf

Unfortunately being banded doesn't mean you no longer need any self restraint. You have control your portions, your calories, and your food choices.

How many calories are you eating a day?

Have you seen a nutritionist?

Are you sticking to a cup or less of food per meal?

Are you exercising?

I do not think your doctor will be upset, he will help you to find out why this is happening. Maybe you just need a fill or two to get you back on track. After surgey your body needs time to heal. Please do not beat up on yourselve, keep to the doctors orders and it will start coming off. Also Please do not be afraid to ask your doctor anything, if he does get upset with you and you feel like you are following all his orders then it might be a good time to get a different doctor. Good luck to you, hugs

No, my doc has never been pissed and I only lost 12 lbs the first two weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. He just kept giving me fills. But it was the 3rd fill and some great advice from my nutritionist that made it all work together.

Did you look at some of the other posts I suggested? Here's one of the better posts.

Posted Today, 12:49 PM

snapback.pngseeme1954, on December 13, 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I am 6 weeks post op feeling no restriction. Why did I get this surgery when everyone on this forum talks about losing all this weight without fills. Most of you are saying its not the band. Then why would you or I have gotten it to just be on a diet. I can diet without band. I am regretting my decision

Boy do you ever sound like me......after my surgery I was told I needed to count calories, measure/weigh all my food, keep a journal, etc, etc....I WAS PI***D!

ANOTHER DIET??? I did not need surgery for this....I could do this at WW, Jenny Craig, etc, etc....

However, I did eventually learn what it is all about.....for me anyway, everyone has a different experience.....

Having the band surgery is nothing more than having this device installed....that's all, it is not really activated yet....first stage is post op healing, eating the right foods so as not to damage the tender post surgery area, etc. In my case it took 30 days.

THEN the adjustments started - Fills! This is a step by step process, adjusting the band, to get to that point where the band really starts to do what it is supposed to do....

It took me 6 months from surgery to get to that point....

That 6 month period from surgery, was also for me a time to learn the lessons that I would need later in order to survive with a tight band....

I called it "Bandster Bootcamp" or "Basic Training"....it is also called "Bandster Hell" because everything you do during this time is mostly will power, self discipline....white knuckling all the way....very frustrating....

But once I hit that groove, where the band takes over...it has been all a piece of cake....I began loosing weight without trying....my appetite disappeared, lost interest in food. Only ate when I felt like I needed to.....beats dieting hands down.

Critics say it is the easy way out...I say SO WHAT...I LIKE EASY, and I LIKE BEING SKINNY!!!

That was 2 years ago, and the feeling has not gone.....having this surgery was the best thing I could ever have done...only regret is that I did not do it a lot sooner.....

But there was a big learning curve in the beginning.....now it is normal day to day life....never have to diet again!

Surgery 1/31/2011,

Final Fill ......6 months after surgery....Green Zone ever since!

Hit Goal weight at 12 months....

All medical Issues - reversed!!

It's All About Restriction! (Otherwise It's Just Another Diet.)

I lost really great for a year, I was at 189 lbs, got to 135 lbs and my Dr. Took it out because I was vomitting, and he didn't fill for 10 months, finally he gave me a fill after I had to lose 6 lbs by my self, I was so pissed at him, and then he gave me another one four months again, I gained and lost gained 3 lbs lost 2 lbs, and yes he was pissed at me, but now I'm wounding if my band is out of shape because I am at 7 cc's already and it goes to 10 cc they told me, so I want to be reband and he just keeps putting it off for me, but I really want this again.

2muchfun and anyone else who has forgotten.

I understand what you're saying and I know that this is tool and not a magic pill , but the band is worthless and just a piece of crap without anything in it!

alot of you old timers that have had the band for a while have seen to forgotten how it is with an empty ban, and instead of giving all the new Bandys a hard time, try to give a little more support! for after all that's what they're looking for. That's all I'm saying if you had the band for a while you know what I'm talking about because you have been there that's why it's called band hell and yeah I'm sure it is a lot easier when you got something in your ban to help with your restriction that seems to be the key to success that everybody credits.

good God give it time and the doctor does not have the right to be mad he works for you.you paid him to help you work this out......get your fill, eat 3 meals aday, track your food and exercise and be good toyourself you will get there.

i am 6 months post op with an empty band (no fills)

i use Portion Control and eat like i am filled to the brim...

and they do put alittle primer in the band at surgery so its not bone dry.

fyi to the old timers, keep posting as i read it :)

Don't be discouraged. Doctors are not there to be mad they are there to help you make it work. Your success is a walking business card for them you know!!

I am fairly new and I have lost very well over the past 2 months. BUT I haven't lost any this week so far and I could care less. Even if its a month or two or three I could care less. I am doing what I can do to make a healthy me. Im not eating ice cream and chips late at night. I don't have the 2 for $3 deal at McDonalds for bfast anymore.

Took me years to put on all this fat and I dont care how long it takes to lose it.

Oh and btw Im freaking hungry!! don't care.

I am encouraging you to not beat yourself up so much and relax, you're in it for the long haul!

I understand what you're saying and I know that this is tool and not a magic pill , but the band is worthless and just a piece of crap without anything in it!

alot of you old timers that have had the band for a while have seen to forgotten how it is with an empty ban, and instead of giving all the new Bandys I hard time, try to give a little more support! for after all that's what they're looking for. That's all I'm saying if you had the band for a while you know what I'm talking about because you have been there that's why it's called band hell and yeah I'm sure it is a lot easier when you got something in your ban to help with your restriction that seems to be the key to success that everybody credits.

I can only speak for myself, but I assure you bandster hell is still very fresh in my memory. That's exactly why I reply to threads like this, because I consistently lost weight from the first day after my surgery so I share what I know to work despite being in bandster hell.

What works is counting calories and restricting portions, despite being in bandster hell. It's not easy and it's not fun, but it's the only choice you have if you want to lose weight.

My one year band anniversary is coming up the first week of January. I still track every bite of food I put in my mouth, count every calorie, and make sure I never eat more than a cup of food per meal. Even beyond bandster hell, it works.

Best wishes.

Good job carolinagirl. Why haven't they given you any fills? Is it because you're losing weight without fills?

Good job carolinagirl. Why haven't they given you any fills? Is it because you're losing weight without fills?

thank you very much

as jean m says, the dr will give me fills when i need them..they will be my insurance policies

i am really trying hard..and focus on my band 24/7. it is my life.

with eating good, healthy foods in my alotted amounts and exercising as much as i can..

just using my dr's instructions as best i can...i dont weigh but once a month and go by how loose my clothes are.....

just hang in there ok?

alot of you old timers that have had the band for a while have seen to forgotten how it is with an empty ban, and instead of giving all the new Bandys a hard time, try to give a little more support! for after all that's what they're looking for. That's all I'm saying if you had the band for a while you know what I'm talking about because you have been there that's why it's called band hell and yeah I'm sure it is a lot easier when you got something in your ban to help with your restriction that seems to be the key to success that everybody credits.

I really don't understand the spirit of your post...I believe that most of us who have been through "bandster hell" never forget those weeks or months. I know that memories of those times are etched indelibly in my memory.

As for your perception of a lack of support, I read the thread, and felt that those who responded did offer you emotional support. Just what type of support are you looking for?

Last time I checked, none of the individuals who post on the forum are able to read minds...perhaps it would be helpful for you to attend a local WLS support group at the medical center where you had your surgery done...

BEE well...

Minimi that's good advice which I understand, and I am in it for the long haul.

The beginning of my thread was a simple question, not you but some people on here want to act like us new bandys are week and have no self control and are uneducated about the ban but that's not it, it's just real time and we are finding out it's a little harder then we expected.

4 years ago I went from 250 pounds to 155 pounds and kept it off for two years without the ban. I use to run all the time then I had to have surgery on my ankle and I had to have a bone marrow transplant and thats when I started to gain weight up to 300 pounds.

I know thats no excuse but life happens. So I looked into lapband for over a year, went to classes got educated as much as I could about it, even read blogs tweets just like here on this site about how great it was, and how many people lost weight.

So I know what to do, I just thought it would be easier thats all.