Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any Aussies out there?

Did you get a letter automatically? I must say i was suprised when i asked mr burton if i could see the dietician he said he doesnt place a great emphisis on it but yes i could, mire interested in getting rid of appite and stuff and losing weight. So i made an appoitment at glen iris, but re-read the eating for a month plan and it does clearly state its in the package. So thats good. Im just a little suprised by what he said, i thought he would support it more, but yes we will meet!! Im looking forward to learning about how to eat and live with my band. Since we forked out $3400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say the extra Protein i had last night for tea really helped!!!!! Cos when i wake up im usually a little peckish, but this morning im not, and enjoying my coffee, more than when i first got half way through mushie week.

Oh i have to say i watched the movie aurthurs christmas and the best line that i think has ever existed is now an gift wrapping elf who says there is always time for a bow!!! So cute.

Oh i weighed before chrissy and 3 days after just out of interest but i weigh myself every friday cos my op was on a friday.

Anyways have a lovely trip and i look foward to seeing you next year! That sounds so weird!!! Soon they will be selling hot cross buns!!!

Have a lovely day everyone!!!!!

Hey guys!

Just checking in to see how your going as it's been a little while!

:)

Hey guys!

Just checking in to see how your going as it's been a little while!

:)

Hi Kate & Sussie, haha your timing couldn't be any worse with that question. I just got anther infection. So not doing so great at the minute. Definitely not ideal but still happy I chose this journey. I had my first fill yesterday. Went well. I thought it might have hurt but it didn't. I think just the thought of a needle in your tummy really doesn't sound good. I did feel weird though.

Hope your getting excited Kate.. Not long to go for you know. If you want to ask any question by all means fire away. Or even happy to meet up with you if it makes you feel better about your decision.

Hope your doing well Sussie on your journey. Have you had your second fill? Hope everything is going well for you.

X

Hi Kate & Sussie, haha your timing couldn't be any worse with that question. I just got anther infection. So not doing so great at the minute. Definitely not ideal but still happy I chose this journey. I had my first fill yesterday. Went well. I thought it might have hurt but it didn't. I think just the thought of a needle in your tummy really doesn't sound good. I did feel weird though.

Hope your getting excited Kate.. Not long to go for you know. If you want to ask any question by all means fire away. Or even happy to meet up with you if it makes you feel better about your decision.

Hope your doing well Sussie on your journey. Have you had your second fill? Hope everything is going well for you.

X

Oh no not another infection you poor thing :( Did you end up back at the hosp? Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from now on! Congrats on the first fill too YAY! Did you notice any difference/tightening afterwards? I will be doing the look away with the needle I think lol like I normally do during blood tests! As you say though it's more the thought of a giant needle going into your stomach not the nicest of thoughts lol!

I'm feeling pretty good about the decision at the moment. I think I'm now worrying most about following a healthy diet and sticking to it forever. As my head is totally not in the right space at the moment and it really needs to be. Have you started solids yet? Another random question with drinking fluids eg. Water can you drink normally or is it just little sips?

A meet up would be nice too could help us keep on track and see where we are all at along our journey! We could work out somewhere central! :)

Oh no not another infection you poor thing :( Did you end up back at the hosp? Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from now on! Congrats on the first fill too YAY! Did you notice any difference/tightening afterwards? I will be doing the look away with the needle I think lol like I normally do during blood tests! As you say though it's more the thought of a giant needle going into your stomach not the nicest of thoughts lol!

I'm feeling pretty good about the decision at the moment. I think I'm now worrying most about following a healthy diet and sticking to it forever. As my head is totally not in the right space at the moment and it really needs to be. Have you started solids yet? Another random question with drinking fluids eg. Water can you drink normally or is it just little sips?

A meet up would be nice too could help us keep on track and see where we are all at along our journey! We could work out somewhere central! :)

It's funny I was only saying tonight that mu tummy is so swollen at the minute I look pregnant. I haven't ended up in hospital but there is every chance I could tomorrow. I have an appt tomorrow at 9.00 am in glen iris for them to have a look.

As far as the difference I hadn't actually eaten anything until about 9.00pm tonight. I just had a few crackers. I haven't been hungry all day but maybe that could be because I'm taking panadine forte and endone for my tummy I was in bed most of the day.

I've been on solids for a little while now. I just have to make sure that I chew really well and not to drink while I eat.. It doesn't work well for me. Yes you do have to sip your water.. But it's not so bad.. I thought that I would struggle with it. But it's ok.. I can drink more than I thought.

Sounds great.. I'm in Nunawading. I'll keep you posted on tomorrow.

X

Girls, girls, girls!!

Well I'm currently laying here at the Avenue.. With a fairly big infection. : (

Waiting to have surgery on Monday morning first thing. Have been here since yesterday. My port is infected. They are going to remove my port for a bit then put it back in a couple of month once it's healed inside. So it just means that he won't be able to add Water to the band for a little bit. So just b4 he removes it he will add some more. The band will still work as normal. Will just mean an extra 2 surgeries. Hmmm not really ideal.. Kate if your wondering.. Yes I would still do it again. I just lucked out.

Hope your both doing great! Xox

Girls, girls, girls!!

Well I'm currently laying here at the Avenue.. With a fairly big infection. : (

Waiting to have surgery on Monday morning first thing. Have been here since yesterday. My port is infected. They are going to remove my port for a bit then put it back in a couple of month once it's healed inside. So it just means that he won't be able to add Water to the band for a little bit. So just b4 he removes it he will add some more. The band will still work as normal. Will just mean an extra 2 surgeries. Hmmm not really ideal.. Kate if your wondering.. Yes I would still do it again. I just lucked out.

Hope your both doing great! Xox

Hi Lauren,

How are you after Monday's surgery? Hope your feeling better and the infection has gone away. What a pain for you :( I guess you just needt o think it's a small speed bump in your journey and in a couple of months time you will be back cruising along! It's good they were still able to put some saline in before removing your port so you will still have some restriction. Did they know what caused the infection? Thank you for the positive feedback too your have a very positive mindset it'a really comforting! :)

A meet up would be good! I'm in carrum down. Could always meet halfway somewhere. Maybe The Glen?

Take care of yourself :)

Hello to Susie if your out there! Been a while hope everythings going ok! :)

Hi Lauren' date='

How are you after Monday's surgery? Hope your feeling better and the infection has gone away. What a pain for you :( I guess you just needt o think it's a small speed bump in your journey and in a couple of months time you will be back cruising along! It's good they were still able to put some saline in before removing your port so you will still have some restriction. Did they know what caused the infection? Thank you for the positive feedback too your have a very positive mindset it'a really comforting! :)

A meet up would be good! I'm in carrum down. Could always meet halfway somewhere. Maybe The Glen?

Take care of yourself :)

Hello to Susie if your out there! Been a while hope everythings going ok! :)[/quote']

Hi Kate, thanks for your message. I'm home now. I got out on Wednesday. Tummy still pretty sore as they left my wound open to stop infection. But doing ok. Endone is my best friend at the moment. Funny you asked did they know what caused the infection. I never asked that straight out. Lol how dumb huh? I think everytime we are talking about it our conversation sways away from that. All I know is that it definitely did involve the port.

Oh I know ( of ) 2 people that had it done and had no problems at all and love that they had it done. I do believe that I just lucked out. The Glen is good. Not much time b4 you have yours done. We've really only got next week. We are away for the long weekend. Can you meet up Monday or Tuesday? Maybe email me your mobile number and I'll give you a call to arrange something.. lozjacko@hotmail.com Just instead of putting any phone numbers up on here. That goes for you too Sussie. If your keen.

Lauren x

Hi Kate, how are you doing? Hope everything went well for you and your going ok. X

Hi Kate' date=' how are you doing? Hope everything went well for you and your going ok. X[/quote']

Hi Lauren,

How are you? I was going to message u over the weekend and check if you got my email I sent?

I'm recovering really well thanks! :) A little bit of gurgling and bubbling going on in my tummy but pretty good and just pain getting up and down. Managed a 30min walk this arvo which was nice to get out of the house into some fresh air! :) My hubby has been fantastic looking after the little one and me. Have been very lucky.

How are you feeling since the port was removed? Has the fill helped at all? Hope all is well! :)

Hi Lauren' date='

How are you? I was going to message u over the weekend and check if you got my email I sent?

I'm recovering really well thanks! :) A little bit of gurgling and bubbling going on in my tummy but pretty good and just pain getting up and down. Managed a 30min walk this arvo which was nice to get out of the house into some fresh air! :) My hubby has been fantastic looking after the little one and me. Have been very lucky.

How are you feeling since the port was removed? Has the fill helped at all? Hope all is well! :)

[/quote']

Hi Kate,

Just thought I would send you a line here! Hope you got my email. Hope everything is going well. X

Hi all,

I live in Alice Springs (though born and raised in Melbourne). I with my hubby and 3 kids (10, 8 & 7 months) will be flying down to Melb (17th) to have surgery on the 20th with Dr. Paul Burton. We will be there for 3 weeks so i have time to heal while close to the surgeon and also to spend Christmas with the relatives for the first time in 14 years. I moved to the USA in 2000 and only moved back 3 years ago, so am very excited to be with the extended family. They are all really supportive of my decision to have lapband which is great.

I hope i can stay in contact with y'all on here, so i can learn from you and find support from you too.

Best wishes!