Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any Aussies out there?

Hahahha. I'm new too. From near melb and....... 32...... Next birthday lol

You are tooooo funny! But by the time we are 35 we wont be the fat girls in the corner with pretty faces!!! Even my mum said that to me in year 11 i think!!!

You are tooooo funny! But by the time we are 35 we wont be the fat girls in the corner with pretty faces!!! Even my mum said that to me in year 11 i think!!!

Haha. My mum still says that too me now!! I have been hearing it my whole life :0/ but hey..... If I don't have to hear it for the rest of my life...... I'll be a happy lady :0) xox

People must say it to think they are doing us a favor!! I still get told to wait for a man cos the time i stop looking he will fall in my lap. I hate to break the news but it hasnt worked! I stoped ages ago!

Loz you had a great idea about personal challenges. I think we could make out first time frame easter so i think thats april, what do you guys think? While everyone is around us eating and putting on empty cals! When i was a kid i used to love the humpty dumty with smarties inside!!

Oh im susie by the way. So 4 months away

So at at the moment im:

111.1kg. By easter i would like to be 95kg.

Any one else like to play?

Have a lovely soggy day, petfect for jumping in puddles!!!!!!

Hi, I'm in melbourne too and go to glen iris CBS. I only wish I was still 32. Professor O'Brien put my lapband in too back in July of this year, love that man, he is so nice and makes you feel so comfortable. The aftercare at CBS also is outstanding, nothing is too much trouble.

Glad you girls are doing something permanent about your weight at an early age.

Welcome summer, and im glad you found us! Can you give me a heads up on what happens at the dietician sessions? I under stand that she has written a book, would you recomend getting it before the first appoitment with her? Also any recipe ideas ive just started week 3 and i think i might be in the green zone, im not hungry between meals and have and enjoy coffee for breakie. i have my first post-op appoitment on wednesday. My doc is mr burton , lovely man!!

I agree even though it does cost quite a bit i dont think we could ask for better centre. Have you found your health has changed? Im looking foward 2 having 2 thighs instead of one!! Especially i hope for next summer! Cos i would love love to were skirts again, and less knee pain especially when walk on the beach!! I grew up in Ocean Grove, so no idea why i would ever to move to ballarat, melbourne, hobart, ocean grove and now melb again. But to get my 2nd band, i dont think i could ever have chosen a better centre and im glad i stared this thread as the site is so amercian!

did you have any medical issues before, that are easing because of your weight loss? I dont have any besides sore knees, except a massive family history that my parents have, including dads side with diabetes. So welcome again with big cuddly hugs from all of us!!!!! Any advice is greatly welcomed!!!

Morning ladies' date=' I'm also an Aussie, about 90 minutes east of Melbourne. I was banded 13 April 2011 and have lost 63kg so far. Would like to lose about another 10 but am not in any great rush at the moment. I cannot believe how good I feel every day now, compared to feeling sick and miserable so much of the time before.

I'm also on myfitnesspal if you want to friend me there. I find it really helpful to keep track of my calories, especially because I have turned into something of an exercise junkie.

Best of luck to you both with your journey.[/quote']

Sage have you also got also got any tips, any thing you have helps or hinders? Also have you got recipe ideas coming up to summer? And what did you find easiest for chrissie? Luckily im working the next day so i cant stay for tea! I work at bakers delight aldi store in southland if any family members need chrissy cakes or minis and mince tarts. I know my mum is looking forward to me stealing more!!!!

Advice from people who can only eat 3 or less times a day with 1/2 a cup is so much more helpful than those who have 5 meals a day!

Welcome summer, and im glad you found us! Can you give me a heads up on what happens at the dietician sessions? I under stand that she has written a book, would you recomend getting it before the first appoitment with her? Also any recipe ideas ive just started week 3 and i think i might be in the green zone, im not hungry between meals and have and enjoy coffee for breakie. i have my first post-op appoitment on wednesday. My doc is mr burton , lovely man!!

I agree even though it does cost quite a bit i dont think we could ask for better centre. Have you found your health has changed? Im looking foward 2 having 2 thighs instead of one!! Especially i hope for next summer! Cos i would love love to were skirts again, and less knee pain especially when walk on the beach!! I grew up in Ocean Grove, so no idea why i would ever to move to ballarat, melbourne, hobart, ocean grove and now melb again. But to get my 2nd band, i dont think i could ever have chosen a better centre and im glad i stared this thread as the site is so amercian!

did you have any medical issues before, that are easing because of your weight loss? I dont have any besides sore knees, except a massive family history that my parents have, including dads side with diabetes. So welcome again with big cuddly hugs from all of us!!!!! Any advice is greatly welcomed!!!

Thanks for the welcome skuzzie. The first dietician appointment with Helen (a beautiful, caring, approachable lady) was a group meeting at The Avenue. At that meeting Helen explained exactly how the lapband works and what sort of foods work with the band. She will give you paper and a pen to take notes and take down the notes. They are great to refer to weeks down the track. You'll have an opportunity to ask questions and don't be shy to ask anything, that's what she is there for. She does have a couple of books and DVDs I bought them all at the end of the session. I find them quite resourceful and often go and read them to keep everything fresh in my mind. It's up to you if you feel you want to purchase them otherwise she pretty much covers it all in her first session. She will also organise a night out at a restaurant, go to it, it's so informative, she will teach you about bite sizes, if you thought you had the right bite size all figured out wait till you actually go out to the dinner, lol. I was initially hesitant to go as I'm quiet a shy person but I am so glad I did, my group was a great bunch of people, we enjoyed good food, good company, good information and a good glass of wine or two (yes with our meals, we are allowed to drink with our meals as long as you do it correctly).

Now how do I feel after loosing 36.8 kilos as of today? Way back at my heaviest I was constantly tired, I'd wake up in the mornings tired and a few hours later was ready for another nap, I'd be tired every minute, I didn't sleep well at night because I had developed the disgusting snoring. That's all gone now, that actually started to improve within a few months of being banded, I no longer snore and I sleep like a normal person and am rested on even just 6 hours of sleep per day. I no longer feel that need to have that nanna nap in the afternoon. I feel so much more energetic, I look much more awake and I am even thinking much more clearly. I used to have a lot of knee pain, I no longer have that, back pain I've always had and it was worse at my heaviest, I still get it from time to time but nothing like it was before. My skin is clearer and softer. My confidence levels are improving, I always hated even going out shopping as I'd be so conscious that people would judge what I put in my trolley. I hated social situations because I hated how I felt and how I looked and was so self-conscious. Now I love going out, sure I still have a way to go in how much I need to loose but I no longer always feel like I am the biggest person in the room, and believe me I used to always be the biggest in every room i'd walk into.

food wise I follow the Protein, veggies rule, I drink two litres plus of Water per day. I used to drink herbal teas but have gone off them now and I've always liked my Water so don't have any problems getting the required amount in. Months ago I did a search online for high Protein receipes as I needed new ideas as to what to eat and went through a heap of them and picked out the ones I felt were suitable for me and made my own high protein cookbook. I eat fish,lamb (backstraps, a bit expensive but no fat in them), beef from time to time, chicken, vegetables, I don't eat the starchy type like your potatoes, every now and then if my kids are eating hot chips I sneak three or four and i'm done. I love my salads so I make them interesting if I am having that instead of vegetables with my protein. Some days I can eat a cup of food (which is recommended) other days I can only manage 1/2 cup of food. I love my bread and still at that till about a month ago but haven't had much of a craving for it lately. Yesterday morning I had one piece of wholemeal toast with a scrapping of Peanut Butter and it was a struggle to get it down.

Sounds like you are doing really well, just follow the rules and you will be fine. If you have any concerns bring it up with the aftercare team, that's what they are there for and paid for and they really are a great bunch of people.

Oh and I forgot exercise, I walk every day, haven't been so much the last few weeks as I got sick but that's all the exercise I do for now. I want to go back to water aerobics and will do so in the new year now that I feel more comfy getting into a pair of shorts and t-shirt.

At the moment I am dropping anywhere between 400 grams and 700 grams per day. Seems like my little stubbon plateau has ended and I'm loosing like I was at the beginning of being banded. Fingers crossed it continues for a while. I didn't do anything special to break it I just kept doing wht I was supposed to and eat right and exercise.

People must say it to think they are doing us a favor!! I still get told to wait for a man cos the time i stop looking he will fall in my lap. I hate to break the news but it hasnt worked! I stoped ages ago!

Loz you had a great idea about personal challenges. I think we could make out first time frame easter so i think thats april' date=' what do you guys think? While everyone is around us eating and putting on empty cals! When i was a kid i used to love the humpty dumty with smarties inside!!

Oh im susie by the way. So 4 months away

So at at the moment im:

111.1kg. By easter i would like to be 95kg.

Any one else like to play?

Have a lovely soggy day, petfect for jumping in puddles!!!!!![/quote']

Hey Susie, your man will come along! When you lose weight you will have more confidence.. Be patient and take this time to concentrate on yourself. : ) who knows this time next year you might be fighting them off.. ; )

I'm up for the challenge.. I'm going to say 89. I'm about 112kg now. Could be pushing it.. But hey, it's that what's its about. Lol

Oh talking of soggy day.. Went for a walk at 8.00 for an hour. Half way through it was teaming down. But glad I got it out of the way.

Great Job Summerrain!! 36.8kgs! Well done.

Just checked out your profile and saw your post code I think we must be almost neighbors.. I'm 3131

Loved reading your message just then! Thanks for sharing!! I'm being banded on Monday.. 2 more sleeps. I'm hoping to lose at least 40kgs. I'm looking forward to starting my journey. Ummm well actually I think I mean I'm looking forward to the end results. Lol.

Keep up the good work!!

Hey everyone!! Well today was my first day back at work. I loved the smell when the medetrain pizzas came out of the oven!!!! I had to sort of make myself eat at 12pm cos i had to go in early and i wanted to be sure on my cals cos otherwise it was the food court. I used to be so easy to eat early and when your not very hungry cos you needed to. So i only managed probley 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cos i was only a bit pekish, like not ready to eat yet. Then at work i was starving!!!!! But that passed twice. But i didnt get home till 7pm but drank about a litre of Water and had salad but in total today including the coffee im enjoying now, i have had only 268 cals and thats without exercise!!

But im going to get on the wii fit even though my feet are sore from running around, but even if its only 20 mins i know i will feel better about myself!!! Part of the journey after all.

Would any one else like to join our new years easter personal challenge? Loz you must be counting down!!!! What time do you go in? We will all be thinking of you!

Good Job at work today Susie!!

Hey I wanted to ask you Susie.. Do you remember what you were like on day 4? Like if you were sore and how much could you do?

Lol.. Yes. 2 more sleeps. I think I have to be there at 6/6.30am i've got to double check the time.

Thats godd gets it out of the way!!!! I was a morning case as well. So if we are starting the next morning as day 1, day 4 my gosh seems like forever ago!!! I was still sleeping in the afternoons and really wasnt that hungry, i think the soreness then just became an ache. And i got a had a traditional cough so remember to support to wounds, mine were easy all but 1 tiny one under my other boob that was doing the support! The left shouldertip pain had gone and i was able to fart again!! I still wasnt very hungry, i carried around a kidies pop top juice if we were going out. That was my first walk near the beach watching the waves of Ocean Grove went for 15 mins and built up from there. I found that if i walked to fast it would feel like my tummy was wobbling but it didnt hurt. I also treated myself to a small skinny flat white from gloria jeans and sipped it over an hour cos i figured while i was staying at my parents house i better get my roots done, had such bad regrowth. And no pain sitting in the chair for just under 3 hours. Also driving is 5-7 days. As i lived by myself in melb i decided to wait the 7 days, so i got done one friday then travel back the next friday. Some car insurance peoples wont cover you between a certin stage of recovery. I also used this time to re-read some of of the chapters and regualy go over the first months eating plan. Otherwise do what your body tells you, if you need to sleep or even just walk to the letter box! Hopefully today wont drag!!!! What are you going to have as your last meal, last chips or chocolate? I didnt get much sleep but just remember you will be asleep soon!

2 weeks ago i turned down family photos with my niece and nephew cos of me returning to 119kg, but im looking forward to them next year! Cos i dont want to be the fat aunty!!

It's Lauren : )

I am ready!. I just want my journey to start.. I wanted to be skinny and healthy years ago... Lol impatient much? Lol. I know it will be challenging over the Christmas period.. but I feel like their will never be the best time to have it done.. So no time like the present.

I know of a couple of people that had it done and hands down they said they would do it again in a heart beat. With reading Professor O'Briens book and i watched his seminar and the 8 golden rules' date=' googled lots and have read lots of stories on here I feel pretty comfortable with it all. I love to read other people journeys and how much they have lost plus seeing b4 and after photos . It's pretty inspiring. In saying that I did also make sure that I read people's journeys that haven't gone so well. I don't want to go in with rose colour glasses.

Funny you say your son is now 19 months... I always have to think about it. I think I was telling everyone my son was 16 months for like 3 months. Lol it wasn't until I counted the months I'm like um now hang on he is.... Lol. Actually now I think about it, my little man is 19 months I think I first said 20 months to you.. Lol. I think we are as bad as each other. My little man was born in May. Lol

I've actually also decided not to tell many people. I've told my younger sister and a couple of friends. My older sister talked me out of doing this 12 months ago as she thought is was a drastic move. I do wish that I hadn't listened to her as I would be well on my journey. Also not telling my mum. But she is coming to Melb to stay on Wednesday for nights for my daughters dance concert so I'm guessing she will find out then. Lol I will only be day 3 so I don't think I can hide it. I don't want to have to explain myself to people as to why I'm having it.

Try not to over think the process! Just try and read lots of people's stories and make sure you understand how is works.. Very happy to chat to you after I have mine done.. And let you know exactly what happens. The more you check out this forum the more you will feel comfortable as everyone or everyone I have come across are very supportive I don't think there is a question that you can't ask.. Enjoy your night. : )[/quote']

Hey Lauren and everyone else out there! :) You can call me Kate also! :)

Just wanted to wish you all the very best of luck tomoro! :) Hope it's a speedy recovery for you! I read that you have had your gallbladder removed and had two c-sections. Lol I've had both aswell! They say the gallbladder is one of the most painful surgeries so hopefully this will be a breeze!

Sounds like you are definately in the right headspace which is fantastic! :) I am going to catch up with a friend I know tomoro who had the banding done in 2006. She also had it done in glen iris. I have a massive list of questions for her lol the poor girl! ;) All the ones I forgot to ask in my appointment! I am starting to feel a little more settled and confident with my decision. I followed your advice and have been searching through the forums and googling as much info I can get my hands on. Thanks for that! :) And like yourself I am not going to let many people know until I am ready. As I can't stand hearing everyone's opinions!! Pretty similar to when you have yout first baby! Everybody has an opinion on why and what you are doing!

Lol my little boy is also a May baby born on the 2nd! :) I still blame baby brain for my shocking memory..... & pretty much everything else too lol! ;)

GOOOOOOD LUCK TOMORO! :)

Hey Susie!

The Easter challenge sounds good! :)

I will be a late starter but would still be a good first goal to push towards! What would a rough weekly weightloss be once banded?

P.S. I LOVE those humpty dumpty smartie egggggs! We used to always get them as kids lol! Yummmm :))))

Hope your having a good weekend everyone! :) I'm off for a nana nap now been up since 5am for work erggghh!

Hey Lauren and everyone else out there! :) You can call me Kate also! :)

Just wanted to wish you all the very best of luck tomoro! :) Hope it's a speedy recovery for you! I read that you have had your gallbladder removed and had two c-sections. Lol I've had both aswell! They say the gallbladder is one of the most painful surgeries so hopefully this will be a breeze!

Sounds like you are definately in the right headspace which is fantastic! :) I am going to catch up with a friend I know tomoro who had the banding done in 2006. She also had it done in glen iris. I have a massive list of questions for her lol the poor girl! ;) All the ones I forgot to ask in my appointment! I am starting to feel a little more settled and confident with my decision. I followed your advice and have been searching through the forums and googling as much info I can get my hands on. Thanks for that! :) And like yourself I am not going to let many people know until I am ready. As I can't stand hearing everyone's opinions!! Pretty similar to when you have yout first baby! Everybody has an opinion on why and what you are doing!

Lol my little boy is also a May baby born on the 2nd! :) I still blame baby brain for my shocking memory..... & pretty much everything else too lol! ;)

GOOOOOOD LUCK TOMORO! :)

Thanks Kate!! I too hope that it's a speedy recovery.. Definitely a busy time of the year to have it done.

Yes, I've had 2 c-sections and my gallbladder removed. I actually breezed through my gallbladder.. There was still a little pain but I was ok. When I had my gallbladder out it's also key hole surgery and one of the cuts is in your belly button and I found that's what hurt the most. I had staples in there and every time I bent it hurt.. But soon as the staples came out I was good to go. So fingers crossed I do ok with this. I'm not too fussed with the surgery.. I think if anything it's just all the learning afterwards.. Just having done everything one way all my life and having to change it.

Oh your absolutely spot on with people's opinions. Lol. It's good on here because you can ask what you want to know as people have actually been there. ( not telling you only their opinion ) I guess you just have to take in that everyone handles things differently too. But you get the gist of things.

Haha yes! Baby brain. Lol. My little man is the 19th of May.

I hope your chat goes well with your friend 2morrow. Maybe just keep in mind that she had it done 6 years ago.. Things may have changed slightly. Then again may not have. Definitely fire all your questions at her. I'm sure she won't mind. I'm happy to answer any op/post op questions after.. That's all I will be up to by the time you go in. But Sussie will be much further then to answer all and more too. : )

Seriously just read lots on the forum I did b4 I even made my decision so maybe that's why I'm pretty relaxed. Also go into people's blogs and photo's. I love looking at people's photo journeys and you can also look on you tube!

Just trying to decide what my last meal will be.. Lol. When i say last meal i mean last meal as eating the old way! ; ) I am a lucky one that didn't have to do any Pre diet.

Thanks for you best wishes!! I'm only day surgery ( my choice! ) so I should be able to jump online to say how it all went.

X