Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings.....

Hve not been around here in a while......good to see so many people with positive

outcomes to share.......

As for myself, coming up on 2 years soon. I have not lost any significant weight in over 6 months.

My Surgeon (and I) agree I have lost all the weight I am going to loose which is just fine with me.

At this point, having nsuccessfully completed the journey, it is now back to life as usual, being it is a NEW LIFE.

I have gone from XXL shirts to Mediums, and 46" stretch waits band pants to normal 34"....

You learn all the lessons, learn new habits to a point you don't think twice about it anymore.

Most days I do not even think about being banded...it is as though I had surgery once upon a time and now it is behind me.

I don't get stuck, or slimed anymore......that only happened to me when I was still learning, the hard way. But once you learn to "Listen"

to your band, it is business as usual.

My band is still tight...the way I like it, and have all the characteristics of living in that "Green Zone"....no hunger, automatic portin control, and most of all....

PATIENT SATISFACTION!

I do know the band is there...I feel it with every swallow...."Speaking" to me, giving me constant feedback.

I USED to be a (out of control) Diabetic with numerous oral meds and daly injections......that has all been reversed. No more meds. Not to mention all my other blood work that was off the scales! ALL NORMAL NOW!

I have had one heart Attack, resulting in Cardiac Surgery (Catheterization with stents). I now run 5 miles per day, 5 times a week! My cardiologist cannot believe the transformatom...and he was one who questioned my surgery over good old fashioned dieting....I made him a believer.

My PCP is the one who suggested this surgery....it was either that or DIE! And I have the family history to back it up both my brother and Sister passing away after a very ugly medical trip all due to obesity. VERY UGLY.

I no longer care, or need to, worry about dieting...counting calories, etc....Just let the band do what it is supposed to do and go about my life. No offense, but dieting is for overweight people!!

I don't worry about being faced with parties, large family dinners, buffets, etc...the band is not going to let me over eat so what is there to fear? Does not matter what is put before me....a few bites of this and that, here and there and I am finished....same way skinny people do it!

Since I know my food intake is limited, all I need to do is make wise food choices. That does not mean I don't induldge and spoil myself from time to time with dessets and Snacks....nbot to mention drinking beer.....what normal skinny person does not? Plus I feel my exercising wipes that away....

Early on, when I was still learning, red meat was one of the foods that gave me trouble....so I gave up eating red meat altogether. My Dr.'s have been

preaching this for years, along with some of my health concious friends, so it was as good as time as any to make that decision. I'm not fanatical about it, I'll have chili and such things with meat in them, just won't see me ordeing a steak or hamburgr ever again.

Don't eat breads, rice, pizza, Pasta, and other things anymore either. I suppose I could learn techniques to do so but why bother?

The way i have always looked at it is I was fat because my eating was out of control, so I had surgery to correct that...so why should I worry about not eating like a pig anymore? I really do not miss it. It is more rewarding to be slim and fit.

When I was in that learning curve, getting stuck very ffrequently, I did not blame the band as being to tight, but blamed myself for not regulating the way I was eating...and for me it worked.

The first 6 months were the hardest...Bandster Hell.....a time where even though you have had surgery, it is a time to get the band properly adjusted, and a time to lear how to re-learn to eat properly.

After that, it has been the easiest thing I have ever done.....very little effort on my part. After all, what could I possibly do to make it better? All that was needed was to learn to let he band take control and do what it is designed to do.....and not to fight it!

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on your success!!

Hi B-52, so good to hear from you! Congratulations on the new you. I hop ethat you can stick around a bit and let the men on here who feel that this ias woman's board know tat there are successful men too! Sounds like life is great and your testimonial is what we all need to see. Take care, Karen

Congratulations on your success and I love your positivity. As I've said in other posts I so appreciate success stories as they personally help keep me motivated.

Hi B-52 good to see you are doing so well, good luck with continued success.

A very successful story to share to all of us. Congratulations B-52!

Please keep your postitive thoughts coming.

Best wishes

Great success story...I am within my 6 months of post op. just now seeing how this tool will keep me straight! Well written post with great information. So happy for you! Health is so important and why I am here too! Thank you for sharing!

b-52

my hero when i started in Feb and my hero now :)

WHOA!!! Don't go that far....

Very glad to see you're still here doing so well, and most of all telling it like it is and inspiring others.....