Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Home :) PS Update - Long

Congrats and thanks for letting us know how well things went for you. Looks like everyone here was pulling for you and it worked!!! I am most happy that you are okay and feeling good about things. It is so awesome and I hope you take the time to reflect on all that you have accomplished. You are so amazing and I couldn't be happier for you.

Here's to sunshine and rainbows for you as you recover and morph into that beautiful woman you have always been.

Cindy

I'm so glad to hear that you're home and safe. I can't wait to see the pics. Perfect C cups and a flat tummy... what a dream come true.

Congrats Jess!

Glad to hear everything went so well!!! I hope to get my bod "fixed up" someday - like, in about 100 pounds from now - haha!

Can't wait to see the pics - thanks for sharing your experience!!

~cheri

Hiyas Jess. Glad to see you made it out in one piece. Heal fast and well. Congratulations on the new, improved bod...

WOW!!! congratulations and Im happy to hear you are doing well.

I still debate on whether or not I will go thru with plastic surgery or not....so far not alot of extra skin, but who knows when i finish...plus the boobie!! I would love to have slightly bigger/firm boobies, but I just dont know...we'll see.....what do they have the drains for??? I hope I am not the opposite of some cause the lapband was nothing for me, so Im worried I would be a baby with PS.......AHHH....unfortunatly I have had several surgies before so I dont know if that has anything to do with it...the worst I ever remember is my tonsils when they were removed..I was six and I can still remeber the pain...aweful!!

take care and keep us informed...

Thanks everyone!! Ya'll rawk!

Kel, they actually didn't take much at all off. Just under 2kgs total, evidently. He said on the stomach and hips he took off about 1kg. Said the tummy really was mostly skin, that's why it was so little. Then on the boobs, took off approximately 400 grams each breast.

The PS gods frowned on me night before last, I guess from making it sound too easy lol. I went to bed and OMG was my bed flat! I guess I'd kept my knees up a bit and my back up a bit at the hospital, so my stomach muscles hadn't had to stretch too much. They did NOT like lying down flat. I ended up sleeping on the couch - and well, not sleeping much at all. Then yesterday I didn't manage to do anything other than shower and watch tv lol. It's not that I'm in major pain - just can't seem to get comfortable. I'm used to sleeping on my stomach or side, which I can't do at the moment, as well as used to sleeping naked. I have to sleep with this binder on my stomach and bra on for the next 3 weeks. Plus, ya know how when you're healing, things start itching? Well, my nipples are itchy lol. I keep envisioning waking up having scratched off my nipples and covered in blood lol. Gross, I know.

My favorite part of the day though is shower time, cause I get to take off the bra and stomach binder (which feels great) and see the results (which feels even better hehe).

Last night I did sleep in my bed. I took 2 panadol, read for an hour, put a pillow under my knees, turned the electric blanket on (lol it makes me feel loved) and drifted off quite comfortably. At 1:45, Bailey, who'd been sleeping with my daughter cause I can't be bothered to get up and take him out at the moment when he wakes up, came crying to my bedside. Poor thing can go upstairs, but hasn't learned to go downstairs yet lol, so I knew he was there to stay unless I took him down. I plopped him in bed with me and he slept all night long with his head on my shoulder. Was sweet :)

The hubby gets home tomorrow morning and I can't wait! I've already told him he's taking pictures straight away hehe. He made a trip to Victoria's Secret for me with my new sizes. I've never been able to shop there cause they didn't go up to a G cup lol.

Jess

sounds like your doing really well

you dont seem like your experiencing alot of pain like i did when i had mine done

Im glad it all went well

WOW! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I'm especially happy that you're pleased with the outcome & that you have had a relatively easy time of it. You give me hope for my future PS (which is a long ways off in the future). Take it easy! Can't wait to see your pics!!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

ok where are the pictures? We want to see that great bod!!!!!

ok where are the pictures? We want to see that great bod!!!!!

they are on general lap band discussion under PS pics