Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to my dr. apointment today to get my 3rd fill, when the dr. removed the Fluid in my band he said he could only get 2cc's out and that I shoiuld have 5cc's in my band. I freaked out completely and asked him if I have a leak? He said not to jump to conclusions to come back in 2 weeks and I will do your next fill with fluro and we will see what you have in there then and go from there. He said you may come back then and we might get more than that out. So I guess my question is has anybody else expeiranced this? I am a wreck thinking I'm going to have to go through revision surgery again.

Yep.... it happens.

I went to my dr. apointment today to get my 3rd fill, when the dr. removed the Fluid in my band he said he could only get 2cc's out and that I shoiuld have 5cc's in my band. I freaked out completely and asked him if I have a leak? He said not to jump to conclusions to come back in 2 weeks and I will do your next fill with fluro and we will see what you have in there then and go from there. He said you may come back then and we might get more than that out. So I guess my question is has anybody else expeiranced this? I am a wreck thinking I'm going to have to go through revision surgery again.

I have read that it does happen. You can only hope for the best that this is not the case - Sending good karma your way!

Keep in touch and let us know (hugs)

I found out I was unexpectedly pregnant and went in for an unfill. They couldn't get any Fluid out and couldn't diagnose until after my baby was born and I recovered from a c-section. 9 plus months later, by X-ray, they discovered my tubing had disconnected from the port. I just got it fixed in October and am back on the 'band wagon'. Phew!!!

Do you have to have a c section if your bandef

No, a c-section is not required after banding. I had had two previous children that were c-sections BEFORE I was banded. My girls are 10 and 11, needless to say, our 7 month old baby boy that came 2 years after I was banded was quite the surprise! (but a blessing for sure)

How nice!

Yes I just went through this exact same scenario... I was doing incredible losing a ton of weight and feeling good then after a month or so without even realizing it I started eating more and taking large bites with no issues. I went in for a fill to have the band tightened since over time it does tend to loosen. We'll have a week or so there was no increase in restriction. I went back in for another fill and still nothing. The doctor finally tried to take some Fluid out to see and Whamo, he only drew 2cc's when there should have been 6.. This was a HUGE blow to his ego since no patient in this office has experienced this.. He still didn't believe it was a leak and did another fill. 4 weeks later I went back and sure enough 2cc's no increase in fluid.. It took me months to get in for a flouro which I was not happy about and sure enough there's the leak. It took another 6 months to get approved and in for surgery to fix the leak. He ended up replacing the port also while I was under.. Now I'm on my 2nd fill and possibly too tight..

The entire process took a year and I gained 35 of the 50lbs I had lost.. My advice is DO NOT WAIT!!! Insist that the doctor move forward and fix the leak ASAP... sorry for the rambling.. If you need any more info feel free to send me a message.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches