Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2Nd Fill Today, Plz Give Your Advice As The Nurse Really Couldn't.

Find something to be happy about. At least you have your band and a fill.

Why do you think I'm not happy? Never said my life was miserable, as a matter of fact, I have a blessed life. However, spending 13,000 dollars of my own money without any insurance company stepping in. I may find it a bit harder to swallow as to why I can't even lose a pound a week, so yeah, it can be overwhelming at times.

I'm eating 1100 to 1200 a day. Protein is between 80 / 100 a day. Carbs under 40.

Here are some examples of food weekly...

tuna

Sardines

Boiled chicken 3oz to 4oz

Egg salad

Lamb kabobs

chicken mostly grilled, broiled

Laura leans beef

Turkey meatballs

Breakfast and in between dinner, I drank a Protein shake. 30 gr Protein, 3 g. Carbs, 1 gram sugar. Twice a day.

Idk what I'm doing wrong...

Are you getting any vegetables in? You need a balanced diet.

Why do you think I'm not happy? Never said my life was miserable, as a matter of fact, I have a blessed life. However, spending 13,000 dollars of my own money without any insurance company stepping in. I may find it a bit harder to swallow as to why I can't even lose a pound a week, so yeah, it can be overwhelming at times.

Don't think she was referring to you... Just a thought!

i am not physically able to walk 30 miles a week (yet) or zumba nor do i have any fills (yet)......please be thankful/grateful that you are able to do this.

i read your post and wanted to be able to do even alittle bit of what you are.

it may seem like you are not losing per the scale, but by being active and being healthier then you were leads me to believe you are doing just fine. just because the scale doesnt show a loss, it does not mean you are not losing.

Actually, I have always walked 5 to 6 miles daily and went to aerobics daily. This is why I couldn't understand never losing, even one pound a week. Sure I lost inches, but I would love to see the scale move.

I started this journey only needing to lose 40-50 lbs. I have lost 19 lbs so far since sept 24th. Yes, I'm happy about that, but most was the week pre op diet.

It's frustrating to say the least, when the number Rosen change for me.

Don't think she was referring to you... Just a thought!

I agree, I don't think this post was intended towards you but towards the person who posted before her.

Good luck to you.

Are you getting any vegetables in? You need a balanced diet.

I et Brussels sprouts, broccoli, Spanish, etc. I was raised living veggies, and try to stay low carb as much as 40 a day.

It's been hard at 7.5 cc on my second fill this week to hold food down. I knew I would be tight, but I'm doing great otherwise.

Actually, I have always walked 5 to 6 miles daily and went to aerobics daily. This is why I couldn't understand never losing, even one pound a week. Sure I lost inches, but I would love to see the scale move.

I started this journey only needing to lose 40-50 lbs. I have lost 19 lbs so far since sept 24th. Yes, I'm happy about that, but most was the week pre op diet.

It's frustrating to say the least, when the number Rosen change for me.

the pesky numbers will catch up.

EXCELLENT job, just keep going.

Oh my gosh, who said just be happy you have a band and a fill? I realize going through this is a life changing process but lets remember we are here to support eachother. I don't think there is one person out there that suffers from obesity intends to hurt anyone. We are already hurting ourselves deep inside. I hope I never say anything to hurt someone. I tell people all the time how blessed I am to have this tool (thats not working right now) thats another story, but I have been given a great opportunity and its just a tool to help. I am very blessed but hope some day my doctor will find out why my fills arent' working. 5 months of nothing, no restricton, nothing...I can what ever I want. And I don't like it.....anyways, please everybody, lets come together and be supportive of eachother. We all have hills to climb and conquer. We can do it together, harder to do alone....lets embrace the fact the tool is out there and hope for those that want it so badly and find a way they can get it...Again, we are not alone in this journey of obestiy. Its one difficult battle....Good day everyone.

Hello, I realize it’s been awhile since you posted about your band being filled to 7cc's. I came across it today and was wondering how you were doing. I ask because I went through the same thing. But it took me 7 months to convince my doc that something was wrong with my fills. One time I asked him how many CC's do I have in there? His reply in a snotty way, "I don't know". I walked out the door with my jaw on the ground. I was speechless for the first time in my life...I was banded Jan. 2010, had the port fixed in June 2012 and from there it went downhill. I kept telling him I am losing restriction after a fill. Then I informed him my incision from the port surgery felt wrong. I was having way to much pain and I was getting a lot of cirrus Fluid coming out of a small opening of the incision. When I say fluid coming out I mean "gushing". First time it happened I woke up in the morning and was soaked with fluid. Scared the crap out of me. I am in the medical field so I knew what it was, but way too much of it. This happened to me at least 4 times. I couldn't go anywhere because I was afraid of it gushing. I would have to put like 3-4 paper towels on it and tape it on my site in case it gushed. He says as long as it’s not infected its fine. Of course it would never happen when I would go for my check ups. I called the nurse so many times crying. Why do I still have so much pain, why do I have fluid coming out of me like a faucet?? Over time it finally closed up. I think a pocket formed around the port and would fill up and once it was full, GUSH! All from a port revision and my doc not listening to me. Finally, after 7 months and putting my foot down he actually paid attention to how much he put in and then a month later took out. Guess what, half was gone. Yes, there had been a leak this whole time and for the port pain, he said, "OH that’s probably because it’s on your waist line where your pants sit. I told him that 7 months ago and even asked him why did you put the port there in the first place. So as of that day forward, I fired his arrogant mean ass and took on another doc in the same practice. I knew from the start I should have picked this one doctor. I have met him before and he is amazing. When I had my band done at Froedtert he came and checked on me at 9 at night. He assisted in my surgery. Till this day I still have terrible port pain. And one more thing I had to deal with, when I would get a fill, I ended up lying on the couch for 2 days with an ice pack and Tylenol because the site was so painful. That I don't understand and again he would blow me off. So when I would go for these fills I hated the thought of it. I knew what was going to happen that night and the next 2 days. But I needed the fills. Now, the good news, I see Dr. Goldblatt on Feb.18th and we are going to talk about removing the band and I am converting to the gastric sleeve. I feel I am in good hands and have faith and confidence in this doctor. I am nervous as anyone would be. But the end results or outcome are so worth it. Just feel healthy again. So something bad happened that day when I had my port revised. Because since then everything about the band went downhill. It was working great for me....I learned though I had to keep track of my own CC's. That’s not a good doctor. I am very assertive and my own advocate. Yet you think the doctor should be on top of these things. We are losing our health insurance so I am hoping to get my surgery ASAP. Don't want to rush into it, but the best part I am waiting for is getting rid of the port pain. It has actually stopped me from doing things. I have gained a lot of weight back so it proves to me the band or bariatric surgery is a great tool. Please tell me how you are and have you experienced any turbulence along the way...I like to hear my supporter’s stories. Good or bad...Sorry my story was so long, I guess I just couldn't believe what that doc put me through. And the nurse knew the whole time what was wrong, but she seemed scared of him. Look forward to hearing your story!!! My advice I give to my supporters...is listen to your body and mind..if something feels off or wrong..it probably is. Don't let the doctor just let things go. Demand answers even if you have to be assertive. It your body and your paying for it. I learned a lot with this issue and learned a lot about myself as well.....take care.