Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pigd Out :(

I couldn't help it. Actually i could just my will power left me alone near food that smelt good . I mushed it bits and chewd the crap out of it. But i still over ate . Now my guts is burning i feel like **** and now very teary and angry at my self. PleaSe tell me i.m not the only one to have done this and how do i avoid it next time. Little bit shattered

Sent from my GT-I9100 using LapBandTalk

You are not alone. I didn't pig out like I would have a year ago, but I did eat too much. I got to the point of feeling FULL instead of satisfied. I am upset with myself, but I also know dwelling on it won't change anything. I have made good progress since my surgery in August, and this is just a minor bump. None of us are perfect, so we should expect that we will falter. The important thing is to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, learn from it, and move on. Part of my problem right now is that I have had 4 fills and yet to have any restriction. I am doing good at stopping with a cup of food no matter what......Thanksgiving was just harder for me.

Thanks . Its not as easy as i thought it would be. How long does this extra full feeling last for. It canes

Thanks . Its not as easy as i thought it would be. How long does this extra full feeling last for. It canes

Not sure how far along you are but you might want to do liquids tomorrow to offset any damage u did yesterday.

The band is all bout the ability to make good choices and learn what it will and I'll not tolerate.... You have to focus on portion sizes to discipline yourself otherwise you won't get the results you want.

My doctor made some great suggestions at my last appointment. She said for holidays or parties, walk through the buffet and rate each dish from 1-10 (1 being something you don't care for, 10 being favorite food, gotta have it). Only eat the 9's and 10's. The other stuff just isn't worth your valuable tummy space. Always make sure to get a workout in beforehand.

Yesterday is in the past. Let it go, and start fresh tomorrow!

Wise dr there, Daisychains, (by the way, you look great). As was said by the others, today is another new day. You can recover, you did not get fat from overeating one meal, at least that wasn't the way I was built! Best wishes, you can do it. Look at Floridays, and Daisyhcins, and even myself. We have almost 500 lbs loss together! Good luck, stay focused on the new you! Karen

Rough holiday for me too. Had 3 days of events.

Enjoyed some wine too. Up 1.2 lbs. Not great.

I was banded Oct 10 and have had 1 fill so far. I had some restriction for about 10 days but since Thanksgiving morning I have had very little. Going forward, off to the gym and made appt for fill this week. Gonna try not to beat myself up too much! Forge on bandsters!

The proper fill is important so be sure to work at finding that green spot. I have had three and this last one has done the trick and Thanksgiving was good. I did eat potatoes and stuffing (376 cals) so a lot less then any other holiday so I and happy about that. Get those fill every 2 wks until you can go 4-5 hours and not be hungry that how the band works so make sure you are allowing it to do its job.

My doctor made some great suggestions at my last appointment. She said for holidays or parties, walk through the buffet and rate each dish from 1-10 (1 being something you don't care for, 10 being favorite food, gotta have it). Only eat the 9's and 10's. The other stuff just isn't worth your valuable tummy space. Always make sure to get a workout in beforehand.

Yesterday is in the past. Let it go, and start fresh tomorrow!

Love this idea!!

The holidays were extremely tough for me too. Today I'm back in the game and soo happy about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches