Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Not Know Where Their Port Is?

I just had surgery 11/6 and i have no idea. Im going to ask the dr wed, but i really have no clue. Im definitely not complaining, i just see people mentioning port discomfort. :)

Mine is on the left side of my navel. It's the largest of the incisions. It is usually the spot that has the most discomfort. I hope you're doing well.

heck yea, its the largest of the incisions scar. Mine is on the left under my breast right above my waist, well between my breast and waist.

Thank you both! I am doing fantastic. I honestly expected so much worse. I do have on incision larger than the others, but no pain. I am guessing you are right, and it is there anyway.

You should feel it slightly if you lay on it in bed.i usually sleep on the opposite side of the port.it doesn't hurt me.

You should feel it slightly when you lay on it.But it shouldn't hurt.I usually sleep on the opposite side of my port.Most ports are integrated into the abdominal muscle on your left of the naval.usually

Sorry for the double post

i agree w/donna, mine is where my biggest incision is (on my right side). it was maybe 2 inches and now is so pale pink, you cant really make it out..

I can really feel mine when I stand up. What I mean by that, is that I can feel it with my hand. Now that my swelling is down, I can trace the full circle

as you lose you will be able to feel it with no problem.... Its sewn into the wall of the abdomen. Mine is 2" above my belly button. Now that I have lost the majority of my weight I can see it ... it resembles a small egg under the skin.

You will definitely find it when they do your first fill! Lay on your back on a pillow and poke your tummy up. you should be able to feel it, most likely above the largest scar.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches