Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoping To Get Back On Track.....

I'm going for a fill tomorrow. The last one in August, was too much and I had to go back three days later to get some out. But, I'm still at my plateau. I don't know what I can try different other than what I'm already doing (changed up exercise routine again). I also never thought I'd enjoy baby foods, but I have been using the little squeeze pouches (trying different brands) and have found some I actually like. I am all stocked up, for this next fill. Wish me luck.

P.S. I haven't been on this site for quite awhile. I've added a ticker and am pleased to see that I do only have 42 lbs to go. That's awesome. I just need to remember that I'm really not that far from my goal weight.

Great progress.... keep up the good work!

How much Protein are you getting?

My Dr would rip me a new one if I was doing baby food or Protein Shakes. He wants me on real food 3oz protein and then good carbs at every meal. I have a friend who cancels her appt with him b/c she knows he'll yell at her for relying on protein shakes and not real food.

I'm suppose to have 60 gr protein a day.

Best wishes on your journey!

NoMorejellyBelly,

There is a book the last 30 lbs written by a doctor, I posted on one of my blogs earlier this year that is pretty good reading. It is not uncommon to stall the less you have to lose. I am curious why you are eating baby food for Protein. It is very important to get that 60=70gms of protein from real food. Lean protein at every meal. I do supplement with shakes because I work out and need additional protein to build muscle. In Jan this year I was still about 40 lbs over weight, I had to eat more and exercise more in order to get me off myplateauu. I had been the same weight for over 7 months. I used to eat 900-1000 calories a day, I now never eat below 1200 and try to eat around 1500-1600 and I still lose weight if I am not careful. But the foods I eat are all healthy foods and very little of processed foods. Yes I have anoccasionall treat but only after I have made sure I take in all mynecessaryy protein and healthyvegetabless. I leave carbs to the end and only if I have room and they are healthy carbs that are low in calorie. I would suggest you write down your foods for a week and really exam what you are eating, sometimes we are not eating as well as we think we are, also meeting with a nutritionist is helpful.

I really try to do the baby food when I have fills (you know the soft/mushy stage) and have used as just a little 'snack'. I'm not using the baby food for Protein. I do use a Protein supplement (protein shakes) and am getting back up to the amount of protein I should be getting. Didn't anyone else have this suggestion of using baby food (for the soft/mushy stage) when you got your band?

I like protein shakes, because I have not quite worked out getting enough protein on my own and not overeating. They work for me. They are not always super filling, but at least I know I'm getting protein.

On a lighter note, I am up to 6cc in my 10cc band now, after this fill. And I feel good. The last time I couldn't take a sip of Water without feeling uncomfortable. Now, no problem. I guess my body just need time to get used to having more Fluid in the band.

@LoveTheNewMe - I will see if I can find that book.

I have to really take it slow after my fills, too. It takes me over two weeks to adjust. This may not be normal but it's a pattern for me. I don't usually do baby foods though. I will do cream of wheat, oatmeal, whey Protein in Soups, deviled ham or chicken, greek yogurt, ricotta cheese, as well as Isopure zero carb beverage. This gets me through those tough times. By third week I'm normally back on regular food: rotisserie chicken, chili, tilapia, and foods in smaller amount. Good luck ( some of those baby food fruits don't look half bad)

I think you are wrong to keep getting fills if you are eating baby food and still drinking Protein drinks. You will never be at the right place with regards to fills if you are not eating real food ALL the time. You cannot live your entire life eating mushies and Protein Drinks.

If you do not think you are getting enough Protein in, talk to your NUT. At three months, they had me off all liquid Protein. I don't count protein anymore. Just follow the rule of only eating when hungry and when you do eat, it is 3 oz protein, 1/4 c veg and 1/4 c good carb. Most days it is under 600 calories.

Don't worry so much about getting all these fills, learn how to eat real food. You have a lifetime ahead of you and you need to learn how to put real fuel in your system without getting stuck, throwing up or only being able to drink. I am shocked to hear that people think it is ok for these things to be "normal."