Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got Fill #2 today-doctor still a crackhead

:) So I went in and got another fill today- I am now up to 1.5CCs. Hopefully I will get some more restriction. Dr F was able to pull out almost the entire 1CC that I had before he refilled me-no leaks!

My doctor and I noticed that my port scar is a few inches lower than where my actual port is when I am standing up. That is a good thing- it means that although I am losing weight which is making my skin sag a little, my port is very well secured.

I have lost 36 pounds in 6 months. That's 6 pounds a month. Not a rabbit, not a turtle. If I can keep up this pace I will be at my goal weight in 7 more months!!!

BUT- my doctor kind of let me have it!! He thinks I should be losing a lot more rapidly, and is very upset that I am not staying under 800 calories a day (tried it, I was tired and sick all of the time). I have been feeling so great about my progress, but frankly, I left his office a little bummed out!:angry

Anyway, my DH made me some Soup and tea and I am resting since my port is a little sore now. I'll let you all know when the restriction hits and how it is working.

Love you all for your support!

I am sorry your doctor is a crackhead! I think 6 lbs a month is excellent!!!!!! (teehee....that is my average also) Hope this fill makes it easier for you!

Does he just eat 800 calories a day?? I have never heard any doctor say that. A normal adult human being could not live on that day in or day out and lose weight...heck your body is just fighting to survive.

I believe that some surgeons think we should be RNY patients! 800 calories a day makes most folks feel unwell. It's on survival mode.

You are doing wonderful and losing fine. Keep up the good work. Feel good about life and your weight loss!!!

Shawn

I am still not banded but, I think you are doing a great job:clap2: . 36 lbs is wonderful. My doctor said he expects his patients to lose 3 lbs a week eek:eek: . Good luck and keep up the good work:biggrin1: .

My doctor said 4 to 6lbs a months is excellent. I am the one that's usually sick about only losing 6lbs a month.

I agree, your doctor is a crackhead! Stay encourage and don't let him get you down, you are doing wonderful.

Oh No......not the crackhead doctor again. He was then and he still is a crackhead.

Keep up the Great Work!!!!

Yup, it's definately the crack talkin' that is not enough calories.............and how can he knock 6lbs a month -- that's a perfect record!

I have lost 36 pounds in 6 months. That's 6 pounds a month. Not a rabbit, not a turtle. If I can keep up this pace I will be at my goal weight in 7 more months!!!

Ah yes...he IS a crackhead. That OTHER crackhead in the practice...Dr C also gave me a ration of sh*t for a 6 lb loss in a month. This was back in January when I had to get an unfill. He harassed me about the unfill AND he harassed me about not losing enough. I lost really fast right after being banded and after losing the first 70 lbs the loss slowed considerably. I still thought that 6 lbs in a month was great but Dr C thought it wasn't right.

And yeah...I had *quite* an altercation with their so called "nutritionist" over the 800 calories a day thing. They can BITE ME!!! I said to that tiny chick "don't you think it's a lot to expect a 300 pound woman to eat 800 calories?" And she just looked at me like *I* was the idiot......

Thank you Karen- I know you feel my pain.

Anyway, I am pretty damn restricted. Unfortunately I had a horrible PB on the four bites of salmon burger and four french fries I had for dinner tonight. However, For the most part it is going pretty well, and I am happy with how much (or how little) I can eat.

Still at about 1000-1100 calories a day and 3 pounds from being halfway there. I'm a happy camper!

I think you're doing great and want you to know that I'm really intimidated by our surgeon. I go to see him next week and have only lost 12 pounds since surgery. I'm sure he is going to be displeased with this. :scared: I'm hoping for my first fill.

Kelli

Hey, what the deuce? Your doc is sick and cruel too. Is he serious? 800 calories a day? I think you're doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work. I was banded 7 months ago and have lost 45 pounds and my doctor is very happy. I am "middle of the road" with my success. I guess the occasional visits with cake frosting and chocolate might factor in there somewhere, but what the heck who's promised tomorrow? Best to you, see ya!