Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What A Bunch Of Crap!

Wear your heaviest clothes!

Next doctor you go to.wear some knee high ankle weights.

Do you realize that 40 BMI for you is 219 pounds? Go back as soon as they will see you again. Wear heavy clothes - a 4 pounds gain for me would be after a good weekend of eating.

Yes I know that's one of the reasons i'm irritated about the while thing. I have an appointment the 19th do I'll see if I can gain 4 more pounds an if she'll weigh me again. an resubmit the referral

Next doctor you go to.wear some knee high ankle weights.

You are too funny. Knee high ankle weights would be knee weights right?

Wear heavy clothes and shoes, add a roll or two of quarters in your pockets, then voila! BMI of 40.

I can understand your frusteration. I have Tricare prime south . I had 2 other insurnces but after TRICARE said they woiuldnt cover bariatrics if I had other insurance I quit the other two. I saw surgeon who said I am an excellent candidate. EVERYONE in my family has died of diabetes, including my dad at 45 and my son is very brittle t 26.The surgeons office submitted everything and I was denied for not having physician supervised diet, I called Tricare to find out exactly what that meant and I was given the reply of "oh I don't know!" On my own I saw my ob gyn who has it documented since2007 weve discussed weight loss diet exercise weight watchers etc (ive been a member of ww since 2007) the doc wrote me an excellent letter and resubmitted. please cross your fingers.

I know its been awhile since I've replied to this so here's a small update. I went to see my dr dec 4th an she said to gain as much weight as I can to get at least 41-42 percent. An come back in a month. Well I did, I got up to 226 an made my bmi 41. She resumbmitted everything to the surgeon an now I'm waiting for an appt with him. I really hope it works this time!

I know someone that wore ankle weights and long pants - seriously!

I know someone that wore ankle weights and long pants - seriously!

I did, when I went to get weighed for the referral again. I plan on doing the same when I go to the surgeon. The weights only gave me 3 extra pounds but at least its something...lol!

So after the run around trying to see if I can get this surgery. I get told that the surgeon won't even see me at all b.c I am 39% body fat an not 40%. This is ridiculous! I am so upset about this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi i would go to my regular doctor. Because if you get a referal it will be easier but if your bmi needs to be a certain number for obese or you have to have high blood, sleep apnea, or high cholesterol. Mine was 36 bmi but i have high blood and a referal from my dr. So check with your regular dr. But do not give up if you need and want it. Good luck.

My insurance will cover if you have a BMI of 40 or 30-39 along with a comorbidity. I have no comorbidities but I was way over 40 BMI. Heck, I could probably gain four pounds after eating one meal! Good luck!!!