Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going back in for Sugery TONIGHT!!!

Well as I posted yesterday, I thought my port had moved. It had!!!!!

The doctor said it felt like it had come unstitched, she says she hasn't had that happen before. So since it has moved up and turned on its side and is rubbing pretty hard on the inside of the big incision, she wants to go in tonight and fix it. She will do me at 6pm tonight and she says I will be able to go home tonight.

THe bummer part of this all... I was self pay and now I have to come up with deductible and copay for the hospital. I think the doctor will work something out with me. At least this complication can be sent in on the insurance, thank goodness.

Please keep me in your prayers, I am scared to go under again.

Hi Jana,

I too had blown my port and had surgery last wednesday to repair it. It was very simple and I didn't have to go to a room when finished. They sent me to recovery and then I waited about 30 minutes in the recliner and they let me go home.

Good luck,

Carole

I just need to "blow off" to somebody!!!!

Hubby is quite upset about the additional cost of the surgery I have to have tonight. I told him just to be calm and not piss anybody off until after I am in recovery!!!! He makes me feel like this is my fault, but says he knows it's not. He says its the doctor's fault, but I think it was just a freak thing- no ones fault.

Aaahhhhhh I don't need this stress now!!!!! I had to worry about what to do with my 2 kids tonight, do you think hubby worried about that????? No, he was just going to take them along to the hospital!!! The oldest has school tomorrow!!!! MEN --- need I say more!!!!!!

I totally simpathize about the hubby thing. Mine would be the same way. You are in my thoughts. Good Luck!

(((((((Hugs)))))))

Poor thing, you seem so stressed out. You need all the support you can get right now, and if hubby isn't giving it we will. I'm sure these things happen with the ports (although I have no idea how often). I'm not banded yet, but I know how I would feel if I had to go in again just a short time later and be put under. It's enough stress on you without hubby not helping your state of mind. You are right though, he probably is just not thinking of anything but the expense and the inconvenience. He will probably be sorry by tonight. MEN that's how they work...nervewracking, but anything that puts a glitch in their ordinary life kind of sends them off the deep end sometimes.

Just get this taken care of and start feeling better real soon. You didn't do anything to cause this, and I have no clue if it has anything to do with the surgery, or it was just a fluke. It doesn't matter at this point. What matters is it has to be fixed. I hope you stay on good terms with your dr. because you require followup care and fills and you want to have a good relationship, so tell hubby go easy on the doc and just ask what may have caused it. Good luck to you and I'll keep you in my prayers.

I know someone--I went with her--who had her port removed and a new one replaced and she drove home...like three or four hours worth of driving. Was not, according to her, a huge deal.

You poor thing!!

I think this will be easier than the first surgery due to the amount of time you need to be under, etc. But I know you still healing and to have to go under again stinks.

Our thoughts are with you and I pray that God sends you the monies you need in some good way!

My thoughts and prayers will be with you tonight. I'm sure all will go well, sounds like a minimum procedure, at least as far as surgeries go, but I certainly understand your concern and fear over it nonetheless. I'm sure you will be done with the it and home with your family before you know it.

As for your DH, men are not known for handling their emotions well, especially fear, which is probably what he's going through right now. He may be screaming and yelling about the money right now, but the truth be known, he's really worried about you and what you have to go through. It's the way men react, but at least it is usually out of love, so you can deal with that.

Regardless, take care of yourself right now, you are your number one priority. So sorry that this has happened to you and I think you're right when you say there is really no one to blame, but most certainly, not you are not to blame. Doesn't really matter, you are the one having to go through it, so I pray it's not going to be a big deal and that you will be able to look back at this next week and say, no big deal and move on with your new life.

Take care, let us know how you are doing. You have a whole slew of folks hear pulling for you.

Cindy

Jenna,

How'd it go last night? I hope you're feeling better and the procedure was not complicated. Let us know...