Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its Almost 11 Months

It's been almost 11 months since I've had my surgery I was at 387lbs its been a struggle day to day with all the cravings but as of last week I have lost 202lbs and in a size 10-12 jeans! I'm just hoping and praying that I don't fail! All the support groups are on the nights that I work would actually be nice if I could actually talk to someone that's been through what I have! Especially moments when it feels like you've gain weight and really haven't idk I know I'm just rambling!

Congrats! You've done a fabulous job! Wow, over 200 lbs in less than a year! All I can say is WOW!

Marci

so so so happy for you,,, you are doing a great job,,, i hope i do as well as you do,,, keep up the fab work,,and CONGRATULATIONS !!

Thank you both but do either of you get cravings or am I the only one

Great job! That is quite the accomplishment! It is so impressive that you have lost so much. About the cravings, I was banded in August this year, and until this week all of the cravings went away with the surgery. Now I think it was my head set. I was so into losing quickly, I wouldn't stray from exactly what I was told to eat. Now that it's been 2 1/2 months, the reality and some boredom with the food, has returned. It takes will power not to eat what I'm not supposed to. So far Greek yogurt is taking the place of ice cream. I haven't had cravings for Cookies yet. Don't know what I'll substitute for them!

Barb that is amazing. Congrats in your success, you are an inspiration! Hey if you can't do your support group we are here for you!!!!

I absolutely still get cravings, even 3 yrs later. I usually give in to them, altho it's 1 cookie instead of 12 now. Or I make sugar free pudding and that helps some...I was craving potato chips last nite about 11pm. Nothin I could do about it - just went to bed and fell asleep!

Marci

You have done amazing.... It's taken me almost 2 years to lose 215 lbs and I too worry when I get to goal in a month or so that I will gain it all back. But I comfort myself knowing that the band will work for me if I listen to it.

this hasn't been like every other diet I have been on. No fad foods, no pills, no gimmicks....just healthy eating, calorie counting and Portion Control. I believe I can do this for the rest of my life.

What a great job you have done! Congratulations. You are an inspiration to all.

I am 9 months out, down 125 pounds and still have cravings. I have let myself back into some sweets and know that I need to cut that out. Even though it is just a bite, I know those carbs are adictive!

Way to go!

I get cravings all the time still. 122 pounds gone in about two years. candy and sweets still call my name every day but i just dont do it! Ive come too far. What has saved me so far is diet hot cocoa every night and a popscicle every day. They give me enough of a sweet fix that curbs my cravings and they are low enough in calories that i can even have seconds if i need to. :)

Awesome job!! Try not to fixate about the "what if" and just keep rocking along as you have been doing. Focus on that you can and ARE doing this!!! :)

If you cannot make the support group meetings, definitely stay on LBT to keep yourself focused and for extra support.

Thank you to everyone for the support my next appointment is Friday hoping for more good news good luck to you all! And glad its not abnormal to have cravings

Wow barblox, u are my new idol!!!

It may sound weird, but it comforts me to see you still struggle with cravings but have managed to still be so successful. I have cravings every freaking day ugh!

wow 202 lbs in 11 mnths is awesome! You are doing wonderful. Sorry about your daily struggle with cravings, seems like you are stronger then they are.. Show them who is boss and keep up the good work. Your story is inspiring!