Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice For Before And After Tummy Tuck And Arm Lift

Hi all, I am scheduled for a Tummy Tuck, liposuction of my flanks and an arm lift for December 21st. I was banded in 2010 and have lost about 70 lbs. Although my surgery is still 2 months away, I'm trying to get as much advice as possible prior to surgery. I'm so excited, yet so nervous as well. I'll be having my procedure done as an outpatient procedure (not overnight) and all three things will be done during the same surgery. Any advice or tips will be helpful and appreciated!

Wow - that's alot of surgery for outpatient. I hope you have someone attending to you for a few days at home. It's going to be hard for you to do much of anything with both your abdomen and your arms healing.

My doctor told me to take some extra Vitamin C about two weeks before surgery until I was done healing. I healed very well.

Pick up some sweat pants or pajamas with pockets. You'll probably have drains that have bulbs on the ends. It's easier to get around with the drains if you have pockets to put the bulbs into.

Stay on top of the pain. By that, I mean take the pain medication before the pain becomes unbearable and keep on a schedule. Write down when you take your pain medication because it's easy to be so groggy that you can't remember when you took it last.

Best wishes to you. Lots of rest and good nutrition is important to help you heal. Keep us posted.

Sue

I recommend sleeping in a recliner if possible. I slept in mine for at least a week. I tried lots of times to get in my bed which is kinda high and id end up crying. Also lots of pillows around you to make you comfortable. And keep up with pain meds if it says every two hours then take them lol. I'm 4 weeks post op of a mommy make over. With lots of Lipo. I'm still wrapped up which is so annoying but hopefully soon over.

I recommend sleeping in a recliner if possible. I slept in mine for at least a week. I tried lots of times to get in my bed which is kinda high and id end up crying. Also lots of pillows around you to make you comfortable. And keep up with pain meds if it says every two hours then take them lol. I'm 4 weeks post op of a mommy make over. With lots of Lipo. I'm still wrapped up which is so annoying but hopefully soon over.

Thanks for the advice! I am 3 days away from surgery and I'm prepping my recliner for post-surgery.

Hynita- Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the mommy makeover with Lipo? I'm starting to look into the process

How did all the surgeries go? How are you feeling?

Hynita- Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the mommy makeover with Lipo? I'm starting to look into the process

For all three procedures that I had done, it was around $25,000. I had mine in a surgical center instead of the hospital which saved me around $5000. I also went home the same day, so I didn't have to stay over.

How did all the surgeries go? How are you feeling?

I will be 3 weeks post-op tomorrow. I'm definitely still sore, but off pain medication. I have begun to drive again and I am more up and about than I was the first two weeks. The scars on my abdomen and one arm are doing wonderfully...unfortunately, I had a slightly infected stitch in my armpit, so the doctor had to take it out. Although it is now a small open wound, that has to be covered and cleaned frequently, I'm not in any pain from it. (Sorry if this is too much info, but it has been known to happen with arm lifts). The worst part of recovery is from the Lipo of the flanks, as my entire lower back is bruised and very tender.

I still can't sleep on my stomach, but I have been able to sleep on my sides and turn over pretty easily. All-in-all, it really hasn't been too terrible a recovery.

I paid a little under 16, 000 I as well had surgery at a surgical center. That was with Tummy Tuck lipo and breast augmentation that also included a lift but when I woke up he decided not to do it. Didn't think I needed it after all.

Glad to hear you are doing good. One day I want a Tummy Tuck and breast augmentation...first gotta get my butt skinny :-)

Where are you located? I know prices vary depending on where in the US we are. I also know a lot of people on here talked about doing it in mexico... Sounds scary, but considering it. Hoping to do a Tummy Tuck and breast lift/augmentation, and maybe arms and thighs next year.

I had mine done in NYC on the Upper East Side. If you aren't familiar with the area, it is a pretty expensive area. I would have gone to someone who may have been cheaper, but my surgeon was recommended to me by my lap-band surgeon, as the PS specializes in body contouring following weight loss surgery.

Where are you located? I know prices vary depending on where in the US we are. I also know a lot of people on here talked about doing it in Mexico... Sounds scary, but considering it. Hoping to do a Tummy Tuck and breast lift/augmentation, and maybe arms and thighs next year.

Just to let you know...after speaking prior to surgery with multiple doctors and other people who have had these procedures, it is highly advised that the arms and legs not be done together. Most doctors will do tummy, breasts and arms together, and some will do legs and belly (although my surgeon specifically told me that it is better if tummy is done first and healed), but I don't know of any doctor that I've spoken to who would do arms and legs together.

That is good to know. Tummy and breasts are my first priority, depending on cost I would do arms too. Trying to swing this on a law student budget- eek. Perhaps I will do arms at the same time and save legs. We shall see, but very good to know-- thank you!