Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

December 12 here! Can't wait!

My Surgery is also December 12th. I am filled with anxiety!

I'm dec 17th I just had my pre op yesterday that barium swallow test was quite nasty. I'm having trouble with the Protein I bought 3 of the 2lb jars of stnthrax nectar but they are kinda gross too. Oh well.... I guess I'll get over it

Hi! I'm scheduled for surgery on December 18th and am on day 4 of my pre-op diet. I just found this site and I am so happy! I need support like 'woah'. The pre-op diet is going pretty well now that I have found a couple of shakes I like (Carnation Breakfast Essentials Sugar Free Chocolate, and Glucerna Shakes chocolate and Strawberry), plus I am allowed 2 cups of non-carby veges per day. I am missing pizza and ice cream a lot but that is the point right?! I am excited to be finally doing this after 9 months of seeing Drs and getting approvals.

I'm looking forward to following this thread while I am in No-Bands-Land and beyond!

Thanks!

PS: Here is a pre-pre-op pic. Ick.

post-199269-0-06150200-1386471430_thumb.jpg

I got banded Thurs..Im in soooo much pain...Tryin not to OD on the Codeine...How long will the pain in my tummy an around the port last?

Me, me! I'm on the bandwagon! December 6th, the day after my birthday!

Im a December 5th baby too and my surgery day is the 20th, great Birthday and Christmas prezzie to myself.

Hi all,

I am chiming in from Outback Australia here!

I jump on the Bandwagon on the 20th. So excited, this day has been long awaited, i didnt even have to apply for my insurance to cover it. My surgeon submits them an item number and they pay it 100%. Very lucky girl.

I have a fantastic and supportive husband and 3 awesome kids 10, 8 and 7 months. Because i live in rural Australia i have to fly to another state for surgery. Luckily it is summer break for my kids and my husband is able to take 3 weeks off so we will stay in Melbourne for 3 weeks so i am close to the surgeon should any post-op proplems arrise.

It is the greatest Birthday (it was on the 5th) and Christmas gift to myself.

I got banded Thurs..Im in soooo much pain...Tryin not to OD on the Codeine...How long will the pain in my tummy an around the port last?

I was banded Dec 19, 2012 and my pain lasted maybe four or five days. The best advice I can give you is to move around as much as possible. Even after your port pain is gone the gas pains (mine in my shoulder) are killer.

My date is Dec 18th and I'm just starting my pre-op diet today. My Drs office told me I can use Atkins Advantage shakes, they come in quite a few flavors and are pretty good. I'm in the Chicago suburbs, and am very excited to just get this done! I'll be able to have Soup for Christmas dinner, but that's fine with me!

Kmb67, my surgery is also sceduled on the 18th. I start my preop diet this Wednesday. I will be on Clear Liquids for two days postop and then full liquids until xmas day. Xmas day, I can have mashed potatoes! Woot! I love your pic, you and I have a very similar body type. Good luck with your surgery!

For those who are scheduled for banding and are not on a 7 day pre op diet, I'd highly recommend it on your own for the following reasons:

1) Your body will adjust to the new eating patterns following surgery. Imagine eating a nice big burger and fries to only sipping Water for 3-5 days afterwards.

2) Your body will already be in detox mode to again prep.

I was banded 12/6. Stayed overnight discharged the next day.

I'm dec 17th I just had my pre op yesterday that barium swallow test was quite nasty. I'm having trouble with the Protein I bought 3 of the 2lb jars of stnthrax nectar but they are kinda gross too. Oh well.... I guess I'll get over it

I jump on the Bandwagon on the 20th. So excited, this day has been long awaited, i didnt even have to apply for my insurance to cover it. My surgeon submits them an item number and they pay it 100%. Very lucky girl.

My date is Dec 18th and I'm just starting my pre-op diet today. My Drs office told me I can use Atkins Advantage shakes, they come in quite a few flavors and are pretty good. I'm in the Chicago suburbs, and am very excited to just get this done! I'll be able to have Soup for Christmas dinner, but that's fine with me!

Kmb67, my surgery is also sceduled on the 18th. I start my preop diet this Wednesday. I will be on Clear Liquids for two days postop and then full liquids until xmas day. Xmas day, I can have mashed potatoes! Woot! I love your pic, you and I have a very similar body type. Good luck with your surgery!

Oh yay some surgery buddies! Hi guys :) Kmb67 I asked my nutritionists about the AA shakes and they said something about it being too high in fat, but I think that depends on how many you have per day. Is anyone else on 2cups of veges? I am struggling with good recipes I have to admit. Made an ok Tomato Soup yesterday. But steamed green Beans and balsamic are still my fave. Probably won't be saying that by the 17th! xx Lulu

lleepers--I find it so funny that every Dr says something different. I just went for my pre-surgical exam today and the dietician said that Atkins are fine, though I noticed they are 9 grams of fat. But I guess if that's all the fat I'm having, they probably figure it's OK. I'm also supposed to have 2 cups of veggies--I think I'm going to have a salad with some chicken on it tonight. I made an omelet with some veggies for dinner last night and it didn't fill me up at all. I also forgot to have my "carb"--maybe that's why I was starting last night--ha. I can have broth, but would die for Tomato soup! Again--so odd that every Dr has different rules.

I'm Dec 16th date. My pre-op appt is tomorrow morning. I've been doing fairly decent on the 2 week pre-op diet so far, but i have been cheating a bit. I've had a few crackers here and there and some alcohol. The first few days it was torture and now I'm getting used to the lack of eating. I'm getting excited and nervous. I hope my insurance approves it the first time and doesn't find any reason to delay.

Good luck everyone!!

I'm Dec 16th date. My pre-op appt is tomorrow morning. I've been doing fairly decent on the 2 week pre-op diet so far, but i have been cheating a bit. I've had a few crackers here and there and some alcohol. The first few days it was torture and now I'm getting used to the lack of eating. I'm getting excited and nervous. I hope my insurance approves it the first time and doesn't find any reason to delay.

Good luck everyone!!

I too had a really tough time the first week of my pre-op diet, i was so grumpy and was getting caffeine withdrawal head aches from stopping my PepsiMax. I am a lot better the last 2 days and am really enjoying my 1 cup of veggies i am allowed to have. I must also admit i had a couple of crackers my first 2 days as i was SOOOO hungry. But as long as i have my 3 shakes with extra Water in them i feel much better. Good Luck Kim, i will be sending you good insurance approving vibes.