Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coffee Nutritive Values, A Shocker!

I have been doing very well with my (food)lifestyle change lately. Had a big bump in the road a while back, but it's been worked out (thank you to those that helped me). However, I've jumped in head first into a cross over addiction, flavored iced coffee from my hot spot, Dunkin Donuts. I almost always drink Decaf, btw. Anyway, I stepped out of my blind spot and looked up the nutrional values of my drink of choice, and I half knew and half denied the reality of drinking such drinks. I "was" using Equal, that makes up for all the damage doesn't it, NOT! :ph34r: The calories weren't over the top but the carbs were through the roof! :angry: A serious change in this new addiction is in order.

IWhen I do go back to DD, I will buy my iced coffee with no flavor or cream. I LOVE coffee and don'twant to part with it, I just need to alter the ingredients. I drink it black in hot form, why not try iced form?

Yet another adjustment in living successfully with my band. And if I can succeed with my food intake, I can succeed in my coffee. They're just Fluid calories/fat/carbs, a no-no anyway.

So I caution those of you to bite the bullet as I did and find out the nutrional values in your coffee choices. You may be shocked, but it will put you in the right direction!

post-337424-13813140436426_thumb.jpg

I'm not a coffee drinker myself but I think it's great that you're finding a way to make this work for you so great job!!

Thanks!

I have a mad passion for coffee in all sorts of ways and I hope to be a Barista at Starbucks some day so I can learn all the tricks! I would like to be a coffee conniseur (sp?)

I knew the creamy, flavored iced coffees were bad for me, but didn't want to let it go. But if I'm going to be a successful bandster, I must cut it out. I'll have one once in a while, when I can budget it into my diet.

Thanks for the response, it made me smile... :D

Yeah the cream and even milk has to go. Think how black coffee is and then look at the product in those clear cups. If its not black like coffee than you know there are to many calories.

You are right, honk. Good point.