Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going For 4Th Fill Tomorrow..still No Restriction..normal?

I have had 3 fills and currently have 8cc in my band. Im really nervous that something might be wrong because i dont have any restriction yet. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!

Don't worry this time might to the trick I also have 8.5 in a 14 cc band and I'm starting to feel some restriction I go again on the 31 I think that might do it for me I don't have any problems with food getting stuck or burping and I'm losing weight slowly but steadily I don't think I want to be so tight it becomes a problem. Good luck

I think my next fill might be number 9 or 10. I have some restriction, but not enough. I have a 10cc band with 7.5cc in it. I hope the next one put me in the green zone. I want to be there before the holidays.....

hang in there.

Lose it I see you were banded in Febuary I was just wondering why your fills have been wee amounts over such a long time. I was banded 6/26 and have had 3 fills and getting number 4 in 2 weeks. I hope you get restriction this time good luck

I got my 4th fill a week ago. Before that, I had no restriction at all. I complained...a lot...at the dr's office. I wouldn't let it go, saying how disappointed I was, and how I hated this band. They finally gave in and gave me a decent fill. I can tell such a huge difference. I'm not over-filled by any means. I think I'm kind of just right. I get full quicker, and don't get hungry between meals.'ve lost more in the past week than the 10 weeks before. 3 pounds. Not a huge amount, but I wan't losing at all before. Anyway, just hang in there. And if you don't think you are getting what you need, speak up.

So true I think my Bariatrics staff is great I think they give me all the fill I can take at one time I watch how slow and fast the liquid goes through and the last time they added 2cc and liquid just stopped barely going through they took out 1/2cc and I fill great but I'm going back 10/31 for another fill it seems for me all they can put at one time is 1/2 -2cc lol I'm baby stepping there but so far so good. I hope you continue to have the restriction. Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone for the info. I now have 10cc and can feel a little restriction. When i had dinner tonight, i did get fuller much faster. My dr said to give it up to a week to see how well its working. Im hoping i have reached my green zone!

I also have an AP Large Lap Band that will hold 14 cc; just went in for my 5th fill (doctor added 2 ccs) -- so, now, I have 9 cc's in my band; I am six months post-surgery; I think I may FINALLY be in the Green Zone;

Congrats to both of you I am hoping this next fill will do the trick my band is also 14 and I have 8.5 so the next fill should make it 10. Or 10.5 it seems that the week after the fill because of the swelling I think I have restriction but by the time my next fill is due I know I'm ready for it

Congrats to both of you I am hoping this next fill will do the trick my band is also 14 and I have 8.5 so the next fill should make it 10. Or 10.5 it seems that the week after the fill because of the swelling I think I have restriction but by the time my next fill is due I know I'm ready for it

I have noticed the same thing with mine. The first week after a fill goes really well, but then it kinda fades away. Weird!

I have the 14cc band also and I got 9.5cc in there now surgery was may 9 I fill some restriction but not feeling full just frustrated. :(

Sbeach I know it is frustrating but hang in you are almost there. Mostly what I have heard and read is that it takes 6 months for the band to be helpful so we re both almost there I think this fact isnt stressed until after the fact people are so anxious and hopeful for the band that we don't hear everything logically. For me personally I was never told it would take 6 months to feel restriction but all that being said I'm glad I did it and with each fill I feel like I'm getting there.

I guess i feel sad because i wasn't really told that it was going to be this hard. :( for me it is taking too long. I just pray to God i hit a sweet spot soon or I'll just go crazy! Banister HELL SUCKS!

Sbeach I know it is frustrating but hang in you are almost there. Mostly what I have heard and read is that it takes 6 months for the band to be helpful so we re both almost there I think this fact isnt stressed until after the fact people are so anxious and hopeful for the band that we don't hear everything logically. For me personally I was never told it would take 6 months to feel restriction but all that being said I'm glad I did it and with each fill I feel like I'm getting there.

I go back to doctor on the 5th and hopefully I get to that point so I can start seeing weight loss. I've learned alot thru the 5 months of trying

Lose it I see you were banded in Febuary

I was just wondering why your fills have been wee amounts

over such a long time. I was banded 6/26 and have had 3 fills and getting number 4 in 2 weeks. I hope you get restriction this time good luck

Your experience goes to show that every practitioner - and every patient - is different. I just saw a bunch of posters who have lost significant amounts - like 90 pounds without ANY fills. Meanwhile - one nurse at my office gave me 1.5 cc over 2 months - and I wasn't losing. A different nurse gave me SEVEN cc over 2 fills and I FINALLY feel it. I didn't feel it until now. Same office - 2 different nurses - goes to show difference in protocol even in same office.