Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heart Burn And Nausea !!!worried!!!

I was banded in may of 2012 and I have lost 65 pounds but for the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to keep down hardly anything. I am a sophomore in college and my stress levels are through the roof, and this situation just adds to the stress I called my doctor today and they told me that if it continued to call back on Monday and set up an appt. Sometimes with I try to eat or drink I have terrible heart burn but this is very recent. Does anyone know what's going on or have any idea ??

I am glad you called your doctor and definitely follow up as they said. However, if it gets to where you cannot get liquids down, do not wait until Monday.

I would strongly recommend you do only liquids for a couple of days, then mushies. It may be irritated and doing liquids may help it "settle down". If that doesn't help, you may have a slipped band; however it really sounds like you may just need to let it settle if you are that "stressed". I have heard of people that, when quite stressed, have issues with their band.

Good luck to you!!!

I agree with doing only liquids for the next two to three days. I am praying things get resolved quickly!

My Surgeon had me on pepcid for the first 3 months post op regardless of whether or not I needed it. Might ask your Doc about it.

Good Luck and hope you feel better soon.

I started liquids yesterday and I am drinking plenty of Protein the heartburn feeling has decreased some and I havent thrown up since Wednesday. Hopefully after another day of liquids I will be back to normal :) thank you all for your replies and prayers please continue praying :)

This weekend I got even worse and it had been since Monday that I had food of any liquids. I went to the ER Friday and I have to have my gall bladder out it is only functioning at 7%. Surgery will be within the next two weeks

Sorry to hear that but glad you got to the bottom of it. Unfortunately, many people have gallbladder issues as they start to lose weight or after having lost weight.

Hang in there and relief is coming soon.

Best wishes on your surgery. A speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes !!!! I have a appointment tomorrow to schedule surgery please keep me in your prayers !!

So happy they figured it out! Good luck with surgery! Prayers are coming!