Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made Decision To Get The Lap Band

:) Hi.. I'm 50 years old and have been over weight for 48 of them.... I am going to be a new grandmother in April 2013 and just want to be around to watch my grandchild grow up. I am in meeting stage, with therapist, dr, etc.... Hoping that I will be having my surgery the end of December. Happy New Year to me.... :) :) :)

Any feed back would be welcome. Anyone at the same stage as I am. Your thoughts and concerns?

Thanks

Belinda

hi belinda.......i am a new meme myself and did this so i could push my granddaughter around the block in her stroller.

congrats on the upcoming baby.

welcome to this forum as its a great place to come for support and friendship.

Hi. Thank you... Congats Meme...

I'm very excited and nervous at the same time to have this done.. It looks like you have been very successful... That is great. 73lbs is something to be proud of.

hi Belinda and welcome!!

The best advice I can give you is to do your homework. This forum is a great place for support and reading the experiences of others, but be sure to really educate yourself on the medical facts too. Learn not only what the band is and isn't supposed to do, but what will be required of you to be successful with the band.

Personally, I love my band. I'd do it again a heartbeat. It's the best decision I've ever made for myself.

Best wishes :)

Hi Belinda!

Welcome to our second home, LOL! I have a 6 year old Granddaughter and want to be around for a verrrrrrrrry long time too!!

Hope to see you around the threads! Keep reading reading and reading, :)

-Patty

Thank you ladies !! Is it possible to read more than I have LOL !!!! I know it will not be an easy road but am so ready.... I think having this place to come to for questions, advice etc will def help....

Hi. Thank you... Congats Meme...

I'm very excited and nervous at the same time to have this done.. It looks like you have been very successful... That is great. 73lbs is something to be proud of.

well thank you :)

its a challenge everyday but i just keep going

i dont compare myself to others and sometimes thats hard to do

but this forum, everyone is helpful and supportive

you have made the best decidion for you life to go on yet another diet but this time you will get great help the band. We here are the next big help so come often several times a day it really helps the chat room is wonderful use that often also. This will make it happen.

line dancer

Welcome Belinda, like many stated above. I love my band and also have several grandkids. This is the best thing I have everydone for me and my life. I am at goal now but still very active on this site, also my second home. Great group of people on here who can be very supportive. Welcome and don't be shy ask plenty of questions if you don't see the answer.

Diane :)

aka LovetheNewMe

Welcome! I too am still in my pre-band life and I have been "qualifying" 7 months now! I , still have about two to go so I'm hoping January will be Happy New Year to me!!

Good luck, you have come to the right place =)

Hey Belinda,

I am a newbie as well! I have a pre-op seminar on Oct 30 and my first consult on Oct 31. I am excited and so glad to have found this site for support and advice there seems to be so much information available here.

Wishing us both much success as we go on this journey!!

LaRae

Welcome to this great forum. I banded on Aug 6 and its the best thing I ever did. Great health will be in your future and good eating habits. Follow the rules on wise choices of food intake. The band is only a "tool". Your brain has to make the wise choice or it will not work. The band won't fail you, WE fail ourselves.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

Welcome! We r here for you, this is the extended family ;)

:) Hi.. I'm 50 years old and have been over weight for 48 of them.... I am going to be a new grandmother in April 2013 and just want to be around to watch my grandchild grow up. I am in meeting stage, with therapist, dr, etc.... Hoping that I will be having my surgery the end of December. Happy New Year to me.... :) :) :)

Any feed back would be welcome. Anyone at the same stage as I am. Your thoughts and concerns?

Thanks

Belinda

I am further along but I can relate... I was 50 when I was banded and had a granddaughter on the way. I was over weight most of my life except for that crazy liquid diet in the 90s...lol

I was banded dec 9 2010... I have lost 210 lbs.

The best advice I can give you is to be ready to do whatever it takes... The band will do70% of the work. You have to do the rest. Best of luck to you!

Thank you everyone. I can see I will be making new friends along the way.. @chicagorose, why is taking so long to qualify? 7 months is a long time. I'm a little worried that I will have to fight with my insurance company. I have heard stories of being denied. Hope that is not the case... @floridays OMGosh you look amazing. Congatulations to you !!!!!!! My inspiration. Again thank you all for your advise. Today we have a group meeting with the surgeon. I'll let you all know how that went. Have a great day.... :rolleyes::D:)