Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I The Only One

So I will be having my surgery next month, since going to my first appt in July I have put on weight instead of taking it off. I feel like I should eat foods that I know I wont be able to eat after the surgery. I have stopped drinking cokes and I am slowly cutting down on my foods. But is it normal for me to want to eat things that I know I wont be able to after surgery?

I thought the same way, but, you can eat everything (with a few exceptions) that you did before, just not in the same quantities. Be careful with weight gain before surgery, my doc told me that if I gained too much weight, my liver would be inflamed and other complications could keep her from doing the surgery. Eat what you like, but do NOT over do it, hard I know, but you got this!

So I will be having my surgery next month, since going to my first appt in July I have put on weight instead of taking it off. I feel like I should eat foods that I know I wont be able to eat after the surgery. I have stopped drinking cokes and I am slowly cutting down on my foods. But is it normal for me to want to eat things that I know I wont be able to after surgery?

hugs...I felt the same way...but I knew how much I wanted this to work...I set my mind and that was it....You can do it...Oh my LORD if I did it any one can....its hard for a lil but after your set on it I think its way better....good luck

I would say that your thought process is normal...but that comes along with a word of caution as to the need to begin the process of changing your thinking to align with the bandster way of life.

Though there will likely be few foods you will not be able to tolerate post op, just because you can eat them does not mean that you should. If you want to have a successful weight loss journey, you won't be able to continue to overeat on unhealthy carbs and have an diet with excessive fats in it.

Pre-op is the time to begin this process of change, so that post op you are in the right mind-set for success...

Best wishes for a successful journey...

I think between the time I set my surgery date and the day of surgery, I gained about 10 lbs! I ate every fast food known to man. I didn't have to do a preop diet, only instuctions were to eat a lite dinner the nite before and nothing after midnight. I went to Outback for ribs the nite before! That was my "lite" meal! I guess that's what I considered lite at the time!

You're perfectly normal to think this way. And remember that you will probably still be able to eat your favorite foods again, just in much smaller portions. There's really nothing that I can't eat. Except pizza crust, pineapple chunks, and pancakes (all the P's!), so it's not like you're saying goodbye to all your fav foods. You'll see them again, just in a much smaller size!

Good luck!

Marci

OUTBACK HAS RIB'S lol damn I was looking for rib b4 surgery. i think we are all afraid to change our life in a big way but you will be fine and we will help you each step.

I never had second thought when I found the money I went running to get it done.

line dancer

I'm in therapy for my food addiction and my doctor told me it's normal to feel that need for a 'last hurrah' when you are preparing to change that part of your life. I felt the same way and also did feel like I had to "get stuff done!" before too. I had a wonderful steak dinner a couple of weeks before my pre-op diet because I read that steak might be an issue for a long time. My doctor told me as well though, though, that he wouldn't do the surg if I gained more than 10 pounds. So it was all business when I got to that point! Good luck with everything!!!

I just want pizza....its definitely my addiction...and pretty much anything with cheese!

That's been one of my "what I'm missing a lot!" foods now that I've had my surgery! I feel ya!

The weekend before I started my pre op diet hubby and I went on a road trip to Celebrate my upcoming surgery and to indulge in foods I knew I wouldnt be having for a long time. For 4 days we eat, drank and had a ball... But when we pulled into the driveway at home on that Sunday night I knew it was over. It was like the farewell tour to chicken wings, diet coke, french fries, pizza, gyros and candy...but you know what.. I was ready. And I haven't looked back since.