Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok Guy What Do You Eat After The Newness Wears Off?

I know I will be doing liquids, then mushiness, then real food, but after the excitement of losing wears off what do you really eat for the rest of your life?

I am currently planning out all my calories, Protein, fat, and carbs for each day at the beginning of each week, but I know I can't do that forever. Then what? Can you give me an example of your daily diet?

"Ok guys" sorry

I am 4 weeks out and had special k and a banana for bfast, 1 Protein shake, 2 laughing cow wedges and 4 triskets, 6 turkey meatballs with diana sauce and 2/3c mashed potatoe. I am one week from maintenance but doing well. I think I can eat most anything (within reason) and just focus on Protein then calories. I am still trying to figure out my veggies, but have has sweet potatoe, diced chicken, pumpkin Soup.........

From what I read, alot of people can eat most everything their families do. Just focus on measuring and weighing portions.

I eat normal food but in small quantities.

e.g.

Breakfast :poached egg on wholegrain toast or oats or natural muesli with greek yogurt.

lunch:leftovers or tuna with crackers or something on toast or a sandwich

dinner: meat/chicken or fish with veg and a small portion of potato/rice or Pasta

snacks: yogurt, nuts,nut bars, diet mousse,fruit

like missy, a nutritionist can help you with foods

like elcee, i eat whatever i want

but eat Protein first and make an effort to choose good options

i do not mind knowing i will eat this way forever

i ate enough high fat and junk calories to get myself up to nearly 350...

i see it as you got the band to help you lose weight, you need to use it correctly.

I also eat whatever I want, just in much smaller portions. Most mornings, if I even eat Breakfast, I eat 1 egg and 1 pc of bacon or a pc of sausage. For lunch I'll have 1/2 of a sandwich, 1/3 of a burger, leftovers, or a small salad and soup.For dinner, it'll be either beef, chicken, or pork, or fish, a veggie and a starch. About 3x a week, I might eat about 6-10 french fries, or a couple of Cookies, or maybe a scoop of ice cream. Thank God for my band! I can't eat the quantities that I used to. But I can still eat anything I want to.

Good luck!

I'm 5 months post-op and have fallen into a "normal" pattern. I keep my priority food Protein, and try to include fruits and veggies with every meal.

Breakfast is typically 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.

lunch is typically 1/3 cup of lean Protein (tuna, chicken, etc), 1/3 cup of fruit (pears, peaches, grapefruit) and 1/3 cup of veggies.

dinner I try to do a larger serving of protein (usually 3/4 cup) because I get hungry a few hours after I eat dinner, for some reason, then can't sleep. I'll add in some fruit or veggies.

Usually mid-day, between lunch and dinner, I'll have a rice cake or a handful of almonds.

I have 6.5 cc in my 11 cc band and finally feel at a place where 1 cup of food keeps me full between meals as long as I stay hydrated. Right now I'm taking in between 800-1200 calories a day, but I'm seeing a nutritionist tomorrow because I've been on a plateau for two months.

I don't think the excitement of losing weight will ever wear off for me! I eat only healthy food in small portions. Protein at every meal, veggies and then either a sweet potato or quinoa as my carb. I hate the word diet so I'm not calling this a diet, it's a lifestyle change. For me it would not be ok to indulge in ice cream or junk food even in small portions and even if I were losing weight. This is self-sabotage, I'm a self pay patient and I didn't get this band to eat anything I want. Having this surgery was a BIG deal for me and I've made a commitment to myself to eat clean. I'm not going to get in my own way of success! Eating junk food made me fat and miserable and robbed me of having a big, full life. Now I say YES to life!

I know I will be doing liquids, then mushiness, then real food, but after the excitement of losing wears off what do you really eat for the rest of your life?

I am currently planning out all my calories, Protein, fat, and carbs for each day at the beginning of each week, but I know I can't do that forever. Then what? Can you give me an example of your daily diet?

The excitement of losing has not worn off. I do not expect it to... I spent my entire adult life over weight... almost 34 years. If I live until I am 85 then maybe the excitement might have died down a little. ;)

I didnt track protien, fat,or carbs. I tracked calories. When I asked my Dr pretty much the same question he said... thin people keep a running tally of their calories in their heads. It just comes naturally. I didnt understand it but now I get it. I can eye ball my Protein and know what 3 oz is... I know if I eat a 1/2 baked potato then I had my startch... I cannot also eat the bread. Its common sense you will learn after doing for many months.

During the losing stages I tracked my calories on a phone ap. When I hit 1000 I was done for the day. I tried to split it up to 3 -300 calorie meals with room for a snack. Now that I am so close to goal I have relaxed a little and I am still losing... just more slowly.

I know I will be doing liquids' date=' then mushiness, then real food, but after the excitement of losing wears off what do you really eat for the rest of your life?

I am currently planning out all my calories, Protein, fat, and carbs for each day at the beginning of each week, but I know I can't do that forever. Then what? Can you give me an example of your daily diet?[/quote']

I bought a cook book off Amazon that's for any stage. It has different recipes tells u which to blend and which is safe for the stage you are in. I also you app called myfitnesspal. It counts calories. I used it a lot before surgery and that is when I lost most of my weight so far. Because of my work schedule I think of what can I eat on that will last later because I can't eat the whole portion at one time.