Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Walk....

i am only able to (walk) at the moment

how many other bandies are only walking right now?

let me hear from you and what you do in regards to walking...

I started just walking. When the walking got easier I started doing the elliptical and OMG jogging. I was never able to jog before with feeling like I would die. Now I can jog a half mile before really getting winded (I am asthma). I hope one day to be able to job miles!!

Also, you may want to add some strength training - nothing major. When I first started with that I had hand weights and I would just stand in the living room and watch tv and do excercises with those, once that got easy I moved up to my husband's total gym which is kicking my butt.

Hi. When I started out I had knee pain so bad I could barely do my grocery shopping. Sooo I did lap swimming and Water aerobics. With the cost of gas and being unemployed I've been walking a lot lately instead of driving to the gym. I can now do 6-7 miles daily. I'm not the fastest walker so it can take me about 2.5 hrs if I do the 7. I live in a safe area and most of my walk is in backroads. There is also a "cul de sac" which is .5 mile around with hills.

Depending on where you live and how safe the roads are you may want to consider going to the track at your local high school. The up side to the track is they are normally made with rubbery material which is good for your knees.

I only walk. Exercise is a challenge for me because aside from trying to lose a ton of weight I also have Multiple Sclerosis. But, I can and do walk. In fact I find it makes me feel a lot better. I actually look forward to my daily 2 mile walks.

I only walk. Exercise is a challenge for me because aside from trying to lose a ton of weight I also have Multiple Sclerosis. But, I can and do walk. In fact I find it makes me feel a lot better. I actually look forward to my daily 2 mile walks.

see why you inspire me? i cant do 2 miles yet

but when i do, i sure wish i could walk with you.

see why you inspire me? i cant do 2 miles yet

but when i do, i sure wish i could walk with you.

When I started I could hardly make it to the end of my street. It was a slow progression over time, in fact months.

You'll get there,too :)

((hugs!))

I walk around our city park. One time around is 1.25 miles. I started out going half way around. Then I moved up to one time around. Now I am going around 2 times. It took me 3 months to work up to 2 times around. Yesterday I started incorporating jogging (fast walking) into my routine. I would job a while and walk a while. I still made it around 2 times. Unfortunately i am not able to do this everyday. Between my work and school schedule I also have to take my daughter to dance class 3 times a week. She is too young to just drop her off so I have to sit and wait on her. So, I can only walk about 3-4 times a week. I hope to increase my laps to 3 starting next week. Right now I am at a stand still with my weight loss so I'm hoping that if I increase my walking it will jump start my loosing again. I haven't lost any weight in about 2 weeks. I'm getting frustrated!!! I'm making sure I'm getting all my Protein in. My Water is another story. I get almost all of it in everyday but it's hard!!! I wish I weighed what myfitnesspal says I would weigh 5 weeks ago!!!

I am trying to get my walks in. I have been going to the park and it is 1.33 around and I have been going three times around. I can only walk but try to get a little jogging in. I am disappointed when I try to jog or run because I feel like I can't breath like my chest is super tight. I have lost 85 lbs and still can't run like I would like too. So walking is.mostly what I do. I also have a gym membership but like the outdoors more.