Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys, can anyone answer this question! been banded 3 month as of october 9th, thank god i have alot of hair and long! i am having Hair loss like alot i just really notice it more this past week ,i knew this would happen, want to kknow when does it stop ? and does it stop? I take all my Vitamins and protien also take biotien like i should! i thought by following the rules on take my meds it wouldnt lose my hair that much ! but i guess not ! can anyone who has been banded longer answer my question ?

Thanks Tonyann

My Hair loss stopped a bout 6 months in. Add Biotin and Zinc to your daily Vitamins. I think it helped me.

I am 4 months post op and I did not suffer Hair loss but my hair is so dry and brittle that it is breaking off and my stylist had to cut it off, it looks horrible. Wasn't expecting this!

Hi guys, can anyone answer this question! been banded 3 month as of october 9th, thank god i have alot of hair and long! i am having Hair loss like alot i just really notice it more this past week ,i knew this would happen, want to kknow when does it stop ? and does it stop? I take all my Vitamins and protien also take biotien like i should! i thought by following the rules on take my meds it wouldnt lose my hair that much ! but i guess not ! can anyone who has been banded longer answer my question ?

Thanks Tonyann

I lost a significant amount of hair between months 3 to 7. I also have been compliant with all of my nutritional supplements, and take Biotin daily.

Over the past month, I have noticed the rate of loss to have slowed significantly; I have not done anything differently. I guess the post op shock on my body has run it's course. My hair stylist was not concerned about the hair loss...she thought that I had lost around 10% of my hair (she's been my stylist for over 20 years), and that it would not be permanent.

It made me extremely unhappy and concerned to go through that phase, but it does not last forever...

I also lost hair at 3-6 months. I also have a lot to spare, but it sure made me nervous! Your body goes into shock because of the amount of weigh loss. I think regardless of your daily Vitamin regimen, it will probably happen to some extent. I started taking opurity Vitamins. They are made specifically for LapBand patients. Mine stopped once I started them, but that could be a coincidence. It will get better! Good luck!

I was almst bald on the every top on my head from fro head to crown I started taking 10,000mcg Biotin and it is actually growing. banded Aug-20 th cant afford to loss what hair I have left but I have always liked wigs lol so np

line dancer

mine started at the end of 2nd month and now i am at 4 months out, it seems to be slowing down in regards to losing hair..

i know it seems as if it wont stop, but it will, its what i keep telling myself (i have fine hair) so seeing it around the bath tub drain

doesnt make me happy but it is what is ...

I started losing hair at 3 months. It really slowed down when I started taking a prenatal Vitamin along with my Biotin. Tresemme also has a Shampoo that's meant to reduce Hair loss.

It's a rough couple of months but it gets better

Everybody told me it would stop falling out. Wrong!! I have been taking Biotin 3,000 mcg and it still was falling out a lot after 4 years of being banded. I now have been taking 5,000 mcg and it seems to be slowing down. Hoping this will stop soon, my hair is so dry and still falling out. I have been trying to get more Protein in too.

I've read somewhere that low Iron can cause Hair loss as well. A month after starting a prenatal Vitamin it stopped dramatically. I can honestly say my hair isn't falling out anymore

I've read somewhere that low Iron can cause hair loss as well. A month after starting a prenatal Vitamin it stopped dramatically. I can honestly say my hair isn't falling out anymore

do you also take a multi vit along with the prenatal vit?

I take Viactiv chewable multi Vitamin, viactiv chewable Calcium, Biotin 5000mcg and a prenatal vitamin with DHA.

it's working so I'm not changing it

Not sure if this is your situation but they say It is very common to experience Hair loss after surgery, although they do not know if it’s the surgery itself or the anesthesia that causes it, but normally you will start noticing a loss 2 to 3 months after a surgery, they say as scary as it is you will not go bald but in the 3-4 months it can get pretty thin, that after the 4th month new hair is coming in and that its just pushing the old hair out and this whole process can take up to a year to resolve. Which was exactly what happen to me I never took any additional Biotin just my standard gummy vitamins and morning Protein Powder coffee, sure is freakie after the bath Water has drained and the tub is covered. :o

so far I haven't noticed any Hair loss and I'm 4 months post op but my issues were very brittle ends and dryness, damaged looking. So some ladies on here told me about some products to order and I did, one being Moroccan oil for fine hair and I ordered it directly from their website, it's pricey but well worth it. Now my hair looks healthy again after just 2 applications. I sure hope my hair stays in and no hair loss, eek!