Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Potty-Training Boys???

We use the flushable wet wipes, too. Very handy! I don't get anything on the Baby aisle any more. Whew!

Surely there's another batch of potty trainers coming up...where are you all?!!! LOL

Yeah, we're loaded with advice now. Bring on the potty trainers. :biggrin1:

I keep those wipes in both bathrooms.

Okay since we are talking potty talk...I'll tell you my borderline dyfs story. My oldest daugher was easy to potty train....except at night (who knew night and day training were different??) Anyway every morning...peed sheets...ugh and I only had one set, because they had inserts for bumpers so she wouldn't fall out of the big girl bed. Okay so one day out of desperation, I ran in her room while she was playing (she was 2 but very smart) and I said "hurry Jennifer you have to leave" she asked why, and I said "I have to potty on your bed" and she was mortified. I then said "well, you potty on your bed and I need to use yours right now". When DH came home I told him and as he walked by her room he asked her if he could potty on her bed....omg I thought she was gonna need therapy...she never had an accident again. Keith was easier...i used cheerios in the toilet, he thought it was fun to sink them. Once he did that, he was totally potty trained, no accidents ever. When it was Rachels turn I just asked her if she wanted me to pee on her bed like Jen and she said no....that was it. So bad, I know, but it worked. LOL

That is so funny. :biggrin1: There should be a book on the funny things, or not so funny things, that happen during potty training.

and I said "I have to potty on your bed" and she was mortified. I then said "well, you potty on your bed and I need to use yours right now". When DH came home I told him and as he walked by her room he asked her if he could potty on her bed....omg I thought she was gonna need therapy...she never had an accident again.

:) That is EXCELLENT! Bad, yes, but I'd do it to my kids, too...hahaha!

:) That is EXCELLENT! Bad, yes, but I'd do it to my kids, too...hahaha!

I was so desperate at the time, I had to think of something!! I have told the kids how i potty trained them....they were funny...didn't remember a thing and were like "are you kidding?" ha ha hey a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!!!

oh! I have a kissing story while I am in the funny story mode:

I came home from work and sat down at the table and my DH says to my son who was 5 at the time, "Tell Mommy what you did today" I thought uh oh! So then the 7 yr old (sister) popped up and said "Keith kissed a girl on the bus!!" Keith got red and said that he didn't.....he bit her on the lip. So I told him that if his lip touched her lip it was a kiss. So then I sat there eating and looking off in the air. And Keith asked me what was wrong...I said "nothing, I am trying to figure out what dress I am going to wear'....they all looked at me puzzled and asked why was I wondering about a dress. I said "well, he kissed her he has to marry her and I need to figure out what to wear". The looks on the kids faces was priceless.....I told Keith I wasn't mad but he better be sure that is who he wants to marry before he goes going lip to lip with girls on the bus. (that was about the time that the kid got suspended for kissing a girl on the bus...remember that? I didn't want Keith to get in trouble, but I didn't want him to think kissing was a bad thing either!) He is now 17 and I am happy to say he is not married yet...lol Now my standards are ---I better not be a grandma while I am still in college!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Okay, 2 nights in a row now with NO diaper! I bought him new Superman and Scooby Doo undies, and a 6 pack of tighty-whities, like Daddy. He has tons of undies now! No accidents so far...WOW!!!!

How's all our little men doing?

(Bettina, that story about the kiss on the bus is sooo cute! Good thinking about the dress...what an impact! LOL)

I hope that you realize that while (some) boys are slow regarding potty training they (usually) are quicker at learning how to use high-tech equipment. I don't doubt in fact, that your son may have already given you computer advice about how to post at forums, how to use e-mail, etc.

When you are washing clothes or cooking dinner, your son may use your PC to read your posts here at LBT and he will be eternally annoyed at you for embarrassing him in public. You women never learn. Potty training is a much lower priority to a male than his machismo. :faint:

Okay, 2 nights in a row now with NO diaper! I bought him new Superman and Scooby Doo undies, and a 6 pack of tighty-whities, like Daddy. He has tons of undies now! No accidents so far...WOW!!!!

How's all our little men doing?

(Bettina, that story about the kiss on the bus is sooo cute! Good thinking about the dress...what an impact! LOL)

Thanks, it was pretty funny...the look on his face was priceless!!! Last night the phone rang, it was his friend from Russia, he met her while they worked together at Shop-Rite. She was here for the whole summer but has to go back. (he was teary-i felt so bad for him|)..anyway, she is coming back next year. She said she'd love to marry an American --she'd like to stay in the US she loved it here. One of his friends said oh like Keith? (that's my son) and she said yes.......hmmmmm :omg: :omg: :omg: Uh oh, may be trouble on the horizon. LOL she is a lovely girl..and she looks like Kirsten Dunst!!

*** I forgot to mention...I met my husband at Shop-Rite too. The first day on the job i saw him and thought, I'd love to marry him! (i was 17) Ha ha I married him when I was 21..and we have been married for 21 yrs.