Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try not to get frustrated. . .your band WILL eventually work, you might just need a fill or two (or three) to get to the right level, but once its right the weight will come off. I went almost three months post surgery without losing a single pound and cried thinking that I'd had surgery for no reason while everyone else on the forum seemed like they were losing like 5 pounds a week. I had no restriction at all until I'd had four fills and got 10ccs into a 10cc band. Once it worked, though, I lost 80 pounds before my first band anniversary and have kept it off for three years with no further fills. Hang in there!!

Wow, 80 pounds! That is encouraging. I am 3 weeks post op and having a hard time with weight loss. Lost 21 pounds initially but also felt horrible, I may have gained 3-4 lbs but continue to watch what I eat, started walking daily, etc. My surgeon wanted to see me loss 5 lbs by my next visit but I am nervous I may not reach that goal.

Terrible time sticking to the diet when the band wasn't restrictive. . .that was the whole problem. Unless the band is tight enough, everything feels the same as pre-op so you are as hungry as if you had no band. Once you have restriction though, its like magic. . .

Thank you,I am having a tough time I am 1.5 months post op and have not lost. There is differnt messages comming form all directions and I have no idea who to listen too. The nurses at the place i had it done I just asked if it was normal not to lose until you are in the green zone. And they said I should be losing and maybe that is true but it is hard when it feel like nothing is different. I am really hoping the band ends up being majic like it was for you and i don't regret doing this especially since I and a self pay and unsupported by my family.

Thank you,I am having a tough time I am 1.5 months post op and have not lost. There is differnt messages comming form all directions and I have no idea who to listen too. The nurses at the place i had it done I just asked if it was normal not to lose until you are in the green zone. And they said I should be losing and maybe that is true but it is hard when it feel like nothing is different. I am really hoping the band ends up being majic like it was for you and i don't regret doing this especially since I and a self pay and unsupported by my family.

there is no magical cure... The band will only do 70% of the work. You must do the rest. How many calories are you eating? It would be impossible not to lose if you are burning more calories than you are taking in. Are you tracking your calories and food intake? You might be surprised how many calories you are able to consume until you get to the green zone. Best of luck

So glad I found this page and know I am not the only one feeling like I do. I had my band on 9/12. I lost 10 pounds pre op and 20 since surgw. The first few weeks the scale would not move one bit. I was starting to wish I had not had the surgery. It finally started moving but I went for my first fill and 2 cc was to much so he took some out. I am starving. I want to cry thinking that I have to wait a month. And what if he gives me another fill and its still to much?

I was banded 9/20. Lost 8lbs pre op. 19 post op... Been stuck for a week. I walk 3 miles a day.. Frustrated!

It can be very encouraging to read everyone's stories about their surgeries and loss. What we all need to remember though is everybody is different. Some are ready to go back to work in just a few days; others take longer. Some lose quickly right out of surgery; some don't. I think the first few weeks after surgery were the hardest. We've just gone through this life-changing surgery and we want instant gratification! You will lose. Focus on healing, follow your doctor's plan, and the weight will go.