Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Stuck Episodes !!!

And yes, I said episodeS..as in plural... :blink:

I got my 2nd fill yesterday, 2 1/2 cc's, and things were OK. I hate 5 1/2 cc's 2 weeks earlier that didn't affect me. Anyway, I stuck with liquids last night, no problems.

I had egg beaters for Breakfast (maybe 2 - 2 1/2 oz) and, OH MY GOSH! Let's just say they weren't as tasty the 2nd time. Yes, slimy, yucky stuff came out... a few times... Mind you, this is at work...and in the garbage can at my desk. Thankfully, I'm not loud.

Sooo, I played it safe & had some yogurt about 2 hours later because my stomach was growling at me. That went down OK.

But, I was still hungry, so several hours later, since I didn't really have much in the way of Protein, I tried to have a Southbeach PB Protein snack, which I've had in the past. Holy 2ND stuck episode people!!! Hey, you'd be proud as I made it to the ladies room this time. I know, impressive.

WTH! Obviously, here it is dinner time, and I'm afraid to eat anything. Oh, I'm hungry! I know I need to suck down some protein in the very least. I don't want to read into this & think that I might need an unfill yet. The NP that did my 2nd fill yesterday said that she called this the OH CRAP fill because I'd be able to tell the difference from the 1st fill (which I couldn't notice). Um, yea!

I'm going to journal what I eat tomorrow & see how things go. It could be that I ate too fast & didn't chew the eggs, or the PB snack enough. I have been known to inhale food in the past, so I'll be mindful of that. The other thing is that maybe I also need to space my food intake further out... wait longer to eat the next snack or meal. I'm going to keep an eye on this before I panic.

I hope the newbies learn from this, in a good way. CHEW CHEW CHEW AND EAT SLOOOOOWLY (no, apparently I didn't learn from my 1st stuck episode a week ago)..

"Honey, where's my protein drink!"

xoxo everyone! B)

My doctor requires 24 hours liquid then 24 hours mushies foods after a fill. It sounds like you went to foods too soon. I suggest going back to liquids for 24 hours, then mushies and see. Also you will need to relearn how to eat with this fill. I have to re educated myself every time I have a fill. Good luck.

When I had the fill that put me into the green zone, I had a week where I had some serious food issues. Just take things slowly and chew A LOT!!!

I'm having problems chewing my food i think i don't do it enough a few times I feel the food going doen my esophqagus and it's not a nice feeling but it's not terible eithr the food feels like its kin of stuck but nothing like you swettie so I don't know if it a stuck episode or not but then again friday is going to be my first fill =) I'll see after that. I have toremember to chew chew chew =)

I'm having problems chewing my food i think i don't do it enough a few times I feel the food going doen my esophqagus and it's not a nice feeling but it's not terible eithr the food feels like its kin of stuck but nothing like you swettie so I don't know if it a stuck episode or not but then again friday is going to be my first fill =) I'll see after that. I have toremember to chew chew chew =)

What you're describing has to do with either taking too large of bites or not chewing properly. As you get more fills, you will most likely have some serious issues (in terms of PB and stuck) unless you keep practicing the rules. You will understand when you get your first stuck episode, they are terrible!

You poor thing. You may want to go on liquids and mushies for a few days to settle everything inside then start again and take bites as big as your fingernail and just as importantly wait a minute after swallowing. Hope you feel better soon.

I can't eat in the morning, my band is just to tight. But if you drink some hot tea or coffee it should relax it a little. At least that works for me.