Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sad :( No Restriction

I have a 14cc band and have had 2 fills with 6.5cc's In band. i still get hungry. My next fill is 10/25. Seems like forever. Dr. says every month i will get a fill, but they give me my appointments every 6 weeks. Makes me stressed. I really hoped i would be able to get married in June. I'm already married , but only in court house. I've lost 30 since 6/19. Haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks. Make me want to give up. But i have faith in God! I just need a cheer me up. Love Lu

I have a 14cc band and have had 2 fills with 6.5cc's In band. i still get hungry. My next fill is 10/25. Seems like forever. Dr. says every month i will get a fill' date=' but they give me my appointments every 6 weeks. Makes me stressed. I really hoped i would be able to get married in June. I'm already married , but only in court house. I've lost 30 since 6/19. Haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks. Make me want to give up. But i have faith in God! I just need a cheer me up. Love Lu[/quote']

Hugs to you!! Hang in there the green zone is coming. I was starting to get frustrated two weeks ago as some days I was hungry all day long and other days was fine. I have been getting small fills every two weeks and the last fill I got put me in the green zone. I have 6.5mls in my band which I think holds 12 mls. What I did us kept myself really really busy during those times I felt that constant hunger, I'd head out into my garden and weed, trim, tidy up the garden. Not only did it keep me distracted but all my neighbors are saying I have the best garden in the street! Lol. I have also bought myself a treadmill and jump on that when I feel I'm about to eat when I shouldn't abd usually after a thirty minute walk the hunger goes away and I feel so much better for it.

Bandster hell stage is tough, just keep busy and distracted and your weight will start dropping again and even more once you hit that green zone. I've already dropped 3 pounds in three days.

Maybe insist they give you an appointment every month instead of every six weeks. Oh and don't stress, not good for the band as I've worked out!

Big hugs and best if luck to you!!

im thesame way im 14cc i have4cc no restrictions other then lortab stuck some foods but that was atfirst now i wanteda fill last week but shewouldnt do one im only down 2 pounds inabout 3 weeks

In the same boat as you (no fills and no restriction)

Just hang in there! If your hungry dont deprive yourself-eat! But in moderation. Go with low carb, try to stick to around 1000 calories a day. Eat Protein based foods

The weight will come off! you'll see!

I promise, your green zone is coming. I didn't find any restriction for 5 mths (3rd fill). After my 4 week liquid diet, I ate just as much as before being banded - thought I had failed another diet. My dr only does fills every 6 weeks, no sooner. I losy maybe 5 lbs during those first 5 mths. After getting that 3rd fill, I found myself losing slowly, but every single week, I lost something. I've never counted anything or measured anything. I go by what my body feels when I'm full. Counting and measuring remind me of being on another diet, which I swore I was done with getting banded.

You can do it! Have a little faith in yourself and in your dr. Most people take 2-4 fills before they find the "zone" where they start losing. I think that most of the people who fail with the band give up before getting "there".

Good luck!

Marci

I promise, your green zone is coming. I didn't find any restriction for 5 mths (3rd fill). After my 4 week liquid diet, I ate just as much as before being banded - thought I had failed another diet. My dr only does fills every 6 weeks, no sooner. I losy maybe 5 lbs during those first 5 mths. After getting that 3rd fill, I found myself losing slowly, but every single week, I lost something. I've never counted anything or measured anything. I go by what my body feels when I'm full. Counting and measuring remind me of being on another diet, which I swore I was done with getting banded.

You can do it! Have a little faith in yourself and in your dr. Most people take 2-4 fills before they find the "zone" where they start losing. I think that most of the people who fail with the band give up before getting "there".

Good luck!

Marci

Wow you lost nearly 100 lbs! nice!

How long did it take you? I like that u never counted or measured anything, its refreshing to hear.

What does your green zone feel like?

Thanks everyone for your words. I really need them. I thank God for you all. It seems like i'm alone, but when i get kind words from you all. Makes my day/night. LOVE IT! :)

Wow you lost nearly 100 lbs! nice!

How long did it take you? I like that u never counted or measured anything, its refreshing to hear.

What does your green zone feel like?

Thanks! I've been struggling with my band for about 6 mths now, having a slight slip and having to experiment with fills/unfills to stop the constant reflux. Nope, never counted or measured at all, anytime. Since I'm such a proficient dieter, tho, I can keep track in my head of approx calories and find myself adding them up occasionally!

My "green zone" came at my 3rd fill. I didn't heed the advice of my dr (I'm a total rule breaker and don't advise this at all!) to stay on a liquid diet after my fill for 24 hrs. I stayed at a motel, since my dr is 3 hrs away. I went to the coffee shop and ordered a chicken breast meal. I ate exactly 3 bites of chicken, 3 bites of potato and 3 bites of green Beans. That chicken made me about 5 meals! I was uncomfortable. Couldn't have eaten another bite. Not the usual "full" feeling, but actual pain behind my breastbone. That first year after finding restriction was great! I ate a toddlers portion and was satisfied. Never "Thanksgiving full", but actually in pain if I ate beyond my capabilities.

Now, 3 yrs later, I can eat more before that pain comes. I'm fighting the weight I've gained after having a slip. My advice: Avoid throwing up at all costs! Don't eat past that feeling of fullness. And eat REALLY slowly. I learned to eat fast in Army basic training - if you didn't eat in 5 minutes, you didn't eat. I still fight the urge to eat fast, and did it until my slip (caused by my frequent vomiting from eating too fast).

Oh, and it took about 18 mths to lose the 100 lbs. I was a slow loser. I lost something every single week tho. I've been maintaining/gained a few lbs back for about 18 mths.

Good luck!

Marci

Thanks Marfar7! Love the insights!

Do you ever miss the "thanksgiving full" feeling?

Thanks Marfar7! Love the insights!

Do you ever miss the "thanksgiving full" feeling?

Absolutely! I find myself getting jealous at people that can eat endless amounts of food. Also thankful tho that I can't anymore! Especially at Thanksgiving itself and at buffet. I'm a total waste of money at a buffet, but I still fill my plate - once. I eat a bite of most things and stare at the people (including my husband) who continue to go back for more. He's a low carber tho and only eats meat and veggies. Can't stand eating low carb. I still enjoy food and eating - even more now that I take the time to actually taste the food!

And I'm really jealous at the people who stuff themselves and never gain a pound! I have a cousin who literally eats about 5,000 calories a day and has NEVER had a problem with her weight.

Good luck!

Marci

I was right where you are at, then my last fill put me into the green zone and I am steadily losing now at about 2-3 lbs a week. The doctor said if he had filled too quickly, I would have struggled more and not adjusted my eating habits enough. Dont worry, it is coming and soon you will be restricted and losing.

I was right where you are at' date=' then my last fill put me into the green zone and I am steadily losing now at about 2-3 lbs a week. The doctor said if he had filled too quickly, I would have struggled more and not adjusted my eating habits enough. Dont worry, it is coming and soon you will be restricted and losing.[/quote']

Thanks your words

comfort ME :)