Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Tips Please

Hi all I was banded a year ago... I initially did great but am afraid I have fallen from the band wagon... I have gained 10 lbs over the summer. I have a demanding job and feel like I just dont have time for me... How do I get back on track and help the scale go down again? I am happy I had the band done just frustrated that I am not using it properly!! Any advise on getting back on track? I would appreciate any feedback, butt kicking, inspiration as I am feeling lost... I have had 3 fills total and honestly thought after my last fill I may have been too tight leading to poor slider food choices but now I just don't know why I can't get on track... I even tried the 5 day pouch test... please help...

It's hard to keep up a sustained weight loss effort for a long time. A good first step would to be schedule appointments with your surgeon and dietitian, get a band refresher course and pep talk, and maybe get a fill (depending on your current restriction).

First, today is a new day and you can start eating healthier starting right now. Honestly, I don't doubt you have a demanding job but you can make the time to eat right if you want. I am a single mother of 2, demanding job and back in college. I would always tell myself I didn't have time to exercise, plan meals, etc. and quite frankly I had the time if I wanted it. We have to stop making excuses and do what is best for our health and happiness. It's really up to you to make those choices. I am not trying to sound harsh as I know this is a struggle for all of us but we have to face reality that we can do better.

Where ever you are accessing these slider foods, stop. Don't keep them in your house and don't buy them at work. I keep healthy (on the go) Snacks in my desk for those moments and at home. I have some weight watchers icecream bars in my freezer and sugar free chocolate mousse in the fridge so if I feel that craving I have a low cal option. It really takes no longer than eating the slider food. It is a matter of what I have on hand. If it isn't in the house, I can't be tempted.

Also, as others mention and as I feel many times I have to do this hour by hour at times. I am tempted with parties at work, etc. At first, I may feel like I will just take a little and when I get past that feeling and avoid the "treat", the desire passes and I forget about it. It is a good feeling I know I "made it through" another tempting moment.

Start by making your Breakfast and lunch or at least bringing a healthy lunch to microwave. Have some healthy options or low cal options on hand to avoid the unhealthy options.

You CAN do this if you want. It isn't easy as we all know but it CAN be done and you are worth it!!!

Best of luck to you!!!

cant add more to the post above except its hardest to start any food restriction plan but you can do it.

Good for you for not letting it get past 10 lbs like we all use to..that is the key protient shakes can be a lif saver..but you know that.

line-dancer