Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of protein dink is everyone drinking?

I have tryed Slim Fast but do not like it... and I have tried a powderd mix before,that you couldnt even get it to mix with a liquid if you put it in a blender.NASTY. But that was years ago.. So what is the beverage of choice.

IMO Slim Fast is the best tasting one. However, I drink a Protien Lite powder shake that I got from GNC (chocolate flavour) it tastes good and its very fulfilling. This chocolate shake provides 60g of protien if you blend with milk, and it could substitute a meal (very fulfilling)

You have to get one of these milk shake makers (I got mine from Target) its way cleaner and better than the blender when making thick shakes.

A couple of people here recommended Body Fortress. I tried the vanilla. It doesn't taste like a milkshake, but it's not too bad. And bonus! - it actually smells like something yummy. Totally drinkable. And only $12 for a big gigantic 2lb container of it (at Wal-mart). Something that size is probably $25+ at GNC

I went cheap and easy and did High Protien Boost in chocolate and Vanilla. Cold from the fridge. I'd sometimes blend in some ice and blueberries with the vanilla. Or you could add some low-fat ice cream to either, if you are at a stage where you can afford the extra calories. For my protien, when I was pushing to get that in post-surgery, I did Egg Drop Soup. I have no idea how much is in there, but it sure felt good when I drank it.

Slim fast optima has a couple of flavors that are good. Cappuccino Delight, and Tropical. Both have 10 Protein. I just purchased Slim Fast High Protein Extra Creamy chocolate that has 15 protein. I haven't tried this one yet. I stocked up so that I would not have any excuses when I get banded next month. Vitamin Shoppe carries a whey protein by Body Tech that is very good in Vanilla. Very tasty if you add frozen bananas or strawberries. It has 17 Proteins.< /p>

Roberta

I haven't had to drink Protein shakes since around Christmas. But when I do (adjustments, illness, etc) I drink a sugar free CIB and for extra Protein, I add a scoop of unjury.

SF CIB= 150 cal with 12 g protein

Unjury=80 cal with 20 g protein

I add about 2/3 cup ff milk with it, ice and if I'm feelin' creative I'll add peanutbutter or fruit depending on the flavors of the CIB. Pop it with a cup of ice in the blender and I have a great smoothie.

YUMMY

I like the Unjury, it mixes very easily. I also like the SlimFast Optima for the convenience. Try the chocolate one and bump up the flavor with a little sugarfree chocolate Syrup. I also buy the DaVinci sugarfree syrups in Vanilla, Hazelnut, and Amaretto and add a dash to the vanilla drinks. Makes a lot of difference in the taste. I still have a Protein Drink for Breakfast several times a week, I am pretty restricted in the mornings.

I love Designer Whey Protein, chocolate. I mix it with chocolate Carb Countdown milk. I freeze 8oz of the milk over night & in the morning I defrost in 1min in the microwave pop it in the blender w/ a scoop if the protein & it is taste just like you are having a chocolate shake, mmmm.

Kim

GNC sells a powder mix, it has 25 grams of prtien per scoop. It's really good. The chocolate is the best.

Ill have to try some of these. I dont go to the LB doc untill the 18th of next month. then the surgery sould be about 2 to 3 weeks after that they told me . Iam just trying to get a jump on things to see what i like and dont like.

I am on Myocel from my doctor. It tastes good with milk and a on the go orange crystal lite package. This morning I tried a Adkins chocolate shake in a can. Not great, but easy.

Myocel is $45 for 30 servings.

Body Fortress (Wal-Mart) vanilla flavor, mixed with 1 cup of Braum's Fat Free Milk (Braum's concentrates their fat free milk so it's less watery and tastes like 1% milk), add in 3 - 4 tablespoons of prepared Jello Instant chocolate pudding (sugar free, fat free, of course), and 1 - 2 tablespoons of Peter Pan Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter.

I agree with 'doubletrouble' the Peanut Butter is what makes the difference. If you stick with the reduced fat peanut butter you'll be getting about half the fat of regular peanut butter and the taste is exactly the same. If you eat the pb by itself you'll notice it's more sticky or dry than regular pb but putting it in your Protein shake you can't tell the difference except in your waistline!

I've tried several brands of Protein mix and the Body Fortress tastes the best. As far as the Slim Fast goes, my doctor says Slim Fast isn't a good choice because of the quality of the protein and the number of carbs per ounce.

Good luck to you in your weight loss journey.

Slimfast ALWAYS tastes like Slimfast to me - yuck!

Atkins pre-mixed shakes taste better to me - but my preference is Carb Solutions powder. It is actually pretty tasty. Atkins powder was great, too - but since Atkins went BK, you can't get it any more.

I also have some powder from EAS that is ok and I got some stuff at Walmart called Six Star that is ok, too.

I mix my Protein powder with coffee, half & half and sweetener. YUM.