Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Really Miss

I really miss waking up and going to McDonalds for Breakfast, ESPECIALLY now that the warmer weather is coming. I use to love going for breakfast in the morning, and sitting in my car watching everything and eatting my favorite hotcakes with sausage and washing it down with a big ol' orange juice..........Ahhh the memories make me warm on the inside. I use to love starting off any adventure or trip with a breakfast at McDonalds~ dammit and now i can't. I remember one time my husband, son and i went on vacation to his grandmothers house. It was like 8am and everyone in the house was SOUND asleep except for my son and I. We couldn't really do much because we didn't want to wake everyone, so I got us dressed, SORTA and we went to McDonalds for breakfast. We snuck out of the house while everyone was asleep and came back about an hour later. Everyone was still asleep. You know whenever you go to a fast food place you are swamped with orders from everyone else. I didnt need to deal with that as we snuck out...eheheheheh

Isn't this horriable.......having FOND memories of a crap for food place like McDonalds ~~ its no wonder i got as large as I did.........but damn, the craving is STRONG this morning. I dont want no damn Protein Shake today~ I did have turkey sausage with a little bit of maple Syrup, just for flavor.......but I needed to vent this craving. Sooo with that, Im going to get in the shower. Its amazing where our minds take us sometimes. Usually my mind is in the gutter or on Halloween or my son.......nope, this mornings fantasy, HOT CAKES AND SAUSAGE...Im a looser :)

Hey.....I can relate...........yesterday my kids were home for a spring break day....what does that usually mean....a REASON to go out to eat! Um hm.....any excuse....hey its spring break...lets go out to Applebees for dinner...or to McDonalds and to the park....sometimes.........MAN the old habits WANT to come back...

Yesterday was a bad day for me...I wanted WANTED to eat ALLLL day... and of course I am still on my full liquids stage so all I could have was some pudding or something....but MAN I wanted to eat yesterday!!!!:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: I just got through it but OLD habits sure DIE hard :cry :cry

Hang in there.....this too shall pass

Much Love

Carla

:bandit

I know it's not the best choice, but why can't you go to McD's for Breakfast as long as it doesn't become a habit? Just to get it out of your system instead of constantly thinking about it I would do it. For sure you won't eat the whole thing, just have a little of everything.

I have had that same thought. I will never be able to eat a McGriddle again, I just can't get that solid of food down in the morn and they only make them until 10:30 in the a.m. I have those same fond memories of Saturday morn and the smells. Why was this so important to us? We need to make new memories of getting up early and going on a walk or something...you think??

Geesh, I experience the same thing, especially the mcgriddles.

I'm pre-surgery. My date is 033106. My deal with mcdonalds, is that just having one bite would be the kiss of death. One bite would lead to devouring the whole thing. Just better to clear it off my options now. And I think the same thing. This really is crap food. Why do we crave it soooo much? I feel like everytime I say no that I gain a little more power over it. It really is like a drug. At least for me. Hang in there!

I have an idea doll! Watch that documentary SuperSize ME! It helped me steer clear of Mickey D's and helped me not even wanting to go there let alone take children there!! Maybe that will help!

I will admit to being the biggest Micky D fan.. but when I have that urge I do think of the movie supersize me that movie was a big eye opener for me

I have an idea doll! Watch that documentary SuperSize ME! It helped me steer clear of Mickey D's and helped me not even wanting to go there let alone take children there!! Maybe that will help!

I agree with you Kim, that was something to watch!

I have never been a big McDonald's fan but I did love there breafast food. Since I've been banded I have had a hard time getting down any Mc'D's food and I am glad. I have difinately tried and have had to many PB episodes so I gave it up completely.

If your band can handled it, go for it cause it will continue to be on your mind until you do. Good luck with fighting the craving!

Every weekday morning, Dawg and I would drive through McD's and get breakfasts. We did this for over a year without fail. When Dawg finally said he wasn't going to do it anymore, I'd drop him off at work and go get the usual - and eat his for him! I finally did stop, when I was going through the process of pre-testing for band approval. I had decided it was time to get started on the much needed change. However, on the morning of my nutritionist appointment, I dropped off Dawg at work and headed right for a McD's - on the way to the appointment! I argued with myself all the way there. I ridiculed myself. Tried to talk myself out of it. But on I went, guiltily driving through and ordering the food I was so addicted to. As I began to eat it, I began to cry. I was so upset at my addiction. The food didn't even taste as good as I had remembered, in fact it wasn't very good at all. But I choked down every bite through my tears.

That was the last time I've allowed the old habits to win over me. Oh, I've had the memories, the twinges of sadness, the fleeting thoughts of desire - but I stop and think about that morning and how bitter each bite was, and the moment of desire is exposed in my mind for what it really is. A stinking nasty addiction that made me miserable. I'm free now - and I'm NOT going back!

I know it's not the best choice, but why can't you go to McD's for Breakfast as long as it doesn't become a habit? Just to get it out of your system instead of constantly thinking about it I would do it. For sure you won't eat the whole thing, just have a little of everything.

Am I the only one who's with Chris here? I still go to McD's once in a while. Yeah, I miss the Big Mac's, McGriddles and Egg McMuffins. I just can't eat the darn things anymore. They're just too filling AND, believe it or not, I don't feel so hot afterwards (kind of crappy/sluggish). For breakfast I usually get either the fruit and yogurt parfait or a breakfast burrito. If my son gets the hotcakes, I MIGHT have a bite but that's pretty rare because I'm really satisfied with what I got.

If I have a meal there, I get a hamburger, eat it without the bottom bun (my DH laughs at me, but that's O.K.) and instead of fries I get a fruit and yogurt parfait. It's less than 200 cal, has 5g of Protein, and kind of a treat.

I think it's all about the choices you make and knowing what you're putting in your mouth.

I think it's all about the choices you make and knowing what you're putting in your mouth.

This is very very true for many. And for those that can do it and keep the control and still lose weight... I think that's wonderful. Doesn't work for me though, darnit. I have to avoid it completely or I'll get out of control. I wish I could allow myself a treat every two weeks or something like that. But I can't even let it pass over my lips. There is no such thing as moderation in this head of mine. That's why I wound up being over 300 pounds.

Everyone does what they have to do in order to succeed. As an addict of those types of foods... I had to walk away and say goodbye in order to regain my life. I don't mean to imply that everyone should do as I do, I'm only sharing an understanding of Doll's longing for that which used to be a "comfort" and "pleasure" in life.

We go to McD's every now and again. Never for Breakfast tho. I will get a burger and peel it all apart and just eat the meat and pickles. I really miss eating a big ole grilled burger tho, with the bun and tomatoes and lettece, the works. We would grill out in the summer and make big slop burgers (we called em) and now there is no such thing. The bun makes the difference. It is just not the same eating a burger with a fork and knife - takes the fun right out of it.

Usually my mind is in the gutter or on Halloween or my son.......nope, this mornings fantasy, HOT CAKES AND SAUSAGE...Im a looser :)

I don't mean to highjack the thread but prclndoll - I'm the Queen of Halloween too! LOL Tell me about your Halloween 'rituals'. (Don't get excited people, I don't mean rituals like devil worship or eating the head off a live bat! LOL) What kind of stuff do you do?

All the neighborhood kids know me as the witch - in a good way. :) I put on full makeup and costume and put out a cauldron with 'fire' under it. My yard becomes a graveyard full of headstones, bones, and creepy ground fog. My husband even built a pinch-toed coffin for me which I lined with red satin (that's satin NOT satan! *heehee*). Last year he made an EXCELLENT Count Dracula so I think he's going to do it again. This year we're either going to add an 'iron' picket fence around the graveyard OR we're going to build a 'living scaffold' which is a scaffold with a harness so you can have a real person who is 'hanged'. The kids would love that. I'm always careful not to scare the little ones, but the older ones look forward to our house all year long. When kids see me doing yard work they always ask about the witch! LOL

Sorry, back to the regularly scheduled program. Nothing to see here folks, move along. :biggrin1:

I was never really a fast food junkie, but what I do miss is eating 2 plates of food, going back for that second helping. Going out to eat with DH and looking at all that food on my plate and realizing that I won't be able to eat it all kinda gets me depressed.

I'm getting better at accepting this, especially when the scale is moving down but when its not, its really hard.

I travel for my job so McDonald's is a standby for breakfast... I've been ordering a side of eggs since it doens't bother me with the band. They still taste good and I don't have to though a lot of food away.

I could try the fruit & yogart parfait but suger makes me crave and I found I work better with some Protein in the morning.

I'm looking forward to having a mcgriddle again.. just I'll probably eat half.. I'm most likely will wait until goal 'ish but I'm not going to say I'm giving up anything "for life".