Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Hey first week of May 2006 Crew...

How is the weight loss going? do you guys feel hungry? Does anyone feel restriction from the band? I do not even noticed I have the band until I look at my healing scars ...Does anyone else feel like this? First fill is not scheduled for June 21st...How is the excercise going?

hi,i was banded 5/25.came home yesterday. was sore,much better today.no pain meds needed,just walking around the house,passing gas merrily.jcbydesigm,i am so sorry to hear it was a bit tough.hang in there,we'll be just fine!i am so very glad it's over though,if for any other reason than "there's no place like HOME"going to go get in the shower and clean up for the day....

:cake: :) Hi All, just wanted to tell everyone Im now a official BANDSTER.:cake: . GOT BANDED Thursday here in Monterrey; Mexico by a great Dr. (Rodriguez). First day after surgery was a little rough, but today (2nd day ) not too bad as far as the pain goes. flying back home today(Arkansas). came alone, ca`nt wait to see my wife and 2 year old son.

jim

Great to hear that Jim...Welcome,,,,, I hope you have a safe trip home as I also had to fly home . The flying was not too bad and if your a big guy like me you might consider the first class option....take care and let us know how your return trip was...

peace and love

Congratulations, Jim, on being an official Bandster! :clap2:

Fill us in on your experience when you get back. Have a safe trip home.

Cathy :cake:

Congrats Jim ... hope all goes well going home.

A big THANKS to whoever suggested the pillow against the stomach while walking around ... BIG BIG help in the pain area of the port.

One question: How is everyone sleeping when they first get banded?

Hello all! I was banded on 5/22 and doing well! I am surprised at how little I can eat! The only major problem is nausea after eating even with the liquid diet!:grouphug: Today it is better!

Ahh, thanks for the info on swimming! I want so much to get in the water! I forgot to ask my doctor about that too!

:ermm I did wet the bed after surgery too! I did not have a cathether so I guess that is the reason!

Preband 325

Surgery 318 -Dr. Spivak-Houston, Tx

Now: Will only weigh once a month! Not gonna let the scale drive my emotons!

hey ya'll----i am doing good--hungry, but fight it. i slept on my right side from the time of surgery (port is on left). but i normally sleep on the right side, a little on my back. on the 2nd day after surgery, i slept for about 4 hours in the recliner at the hotel room, then moved to the bed. i slept with lots of pillows (i do normally) that came in handy as i coughed--i could hold them tight against my sides or stomach to stop the pain. only used pain meds once after i got back to hotel. the liquid med was horrible, worse than the pain. my pain was not bad at all,i only had 2 very small bruises, and my incisions have healed great! i lost 21.5 lbs on liquid diet starting may1st,surgery may 11th (weighed 352-loss of 21.5) and i have not weighed since. think i have lost at least 12lbs or more since though.

i am very happy with the band, i do not know when i will be getting a fill.

i do still have trouble getting in enough liquid--i keep trying.

hope everyone is doing okay from the last two weeks.:biggrin1: anybody got any great ideas for mushies stage? any thoughts would be appreciated.

i will be starting Water aerobics soon.....how about ya'll, anyone else hate true exercise as much as i do? HA-HA:faint:

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on May 25! I am three days post-op & feel great! A little gas in the chest & some port pain but I feel much better than I expected! :clap2:

Hi -

I just found this thread and am jumping right in for my first post. I was banded on 5/24 and came home on 5/25. So far so good. I have minimal pain and am wandering around trying to keep myself busy. Of course, the TV decided today that it wasn't going to work anymore. Just my luck! My dh thinks I'm sleeping too much but hey, my body is repairing itself. I have the right to sleep! :notagree

Everthing seems to be 'moving' right along. My only complaint is itching along the plastic bandage edges. Drinking Water and Instant Breakfast, 4 oz of each on alternate hours....hard to remember to do sometimes as I'm not hungry. But after reading some of these posts, I guess that will change.

It's nice to meet everyone and to be a part of the Merry May Banders! Good luck to all!

Nala

Welcome Nala! Congrats on your band. Yes, there will be lots of changes in the next week or two. I'm over one week out and just now starting to get my appetite back. A recommendation my doc gave me was to do things as I could, but don't over do anything. So I found myself trying not to sit for too long, stand for too long, lie down for too long...you get the point. A bit of exercise is good also to mix in there. Take a short walk around the block more than once a day. Hope something here helps. Best wishes on your recovery.

I stayed one night in the Cleveland Clinic. I woke up and found I had a catheter placed. That was a good thing.....so I didn't have to get up and about every time I felt the urge to pee.

I am having some pain still....especially when coughing or getting up or down from the sofa. If I am in a stable posititon....I am fine and not in any discomfort. I do seem rather wiped out and sluggish. I want to sleep a lot....so I just follow what my body is telling me.

I still don't have any appetite....I am eating only because I don't want to get dehydrated and I know my body is healing and needs nutrients.

If you do need the pain meds....I suggest getting them filled BEFORE your surgery...I tried to fill mine at 3 pharmacy's and none of them had the liquid pain med in stock. So I just got some liquid tylenol over the counter and that is all that I have available. I sort of wish I had something stronger during those initial days.

big hugs....

diane : )

I got mine 5/25, spent one night, and came home yesterday. No problems short of wanting to eat. The liquid diet is ok and taking the urge off but I know I have a strong head mind to eat. I hope I can get over that.

Anyway... no pain, just some pressure on the port area otherwise I'm good to go!

5/28/2006 UPDATE

May 1st

sleepyjean

Hippo's Hope

LindaV

justduckie

txpeach

May 2nd

Velvetkiss

DrewsLou

May 3rd

kelli

louie

Judy Ann

May 4th

mychevygirl

TIDGE

lululacy

Angie71

Trip2bme

May 5th

Londoner

May 8th

Poster Child

laurapar

May 9th

Seminole

Marianne TN

Stitchy

dawner119

slwc

lorri

May 10th

missnikki

JJinLA

trinsong

May 11th

babyjane

Karma2

michelletur (approved waiting for confirmation of surgery date)

bitteroldhag

papajoe

mama-anna

May 12th

heresdeb

TwinkleLiL Star

AMF101

wiggygiggy

4MyFuture

missyfan

Letty

May 15th

Scout

RmichaelsAZ

MarcyD

maebeth

BeeJay

AnneFanny

May 16th

JillN

Gettinghealthy

jewels411

tamt

May 17th

anewlife

cathmo

msj0028

MJK Media

Angelator

May 18th

marz88

jboy

medussa

ARVEL

May 19th

Mvpo8961

jessasband

May 22nd

taxgirl

Wannalosealot

Awasaf

meedy8r

tincat

towrecovery

May 23rd

jcbydesign

Mystijen

lotsofkids

May 24th

dascjp1 & sister

Nala

AndreaE

May 25th

junglejim

FREE-TO-BE

Murphles

Tracyd

cookinjillie

cookgal

macs99

May 26th

Kim2bhealthy

CLOE

3loves

GreatDame

sisterfunkhaus

lady29bug

May27th

CATCHUP

Kelly Girl

May30th

outdoorgrl

May 31st

escudero012004

kato

MarionJean

MiniMandy

ashagirl

I think I got everybody. But if I missed you let me know and I will edit it.

M<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Holy cow - that has to be at least 100 people! In my next life, I'm coming back as a bariatric surgeon!

Random thought: I asked my doc if he sees more traffic at certain times of the year than other times. He said he gets a lot more patients when summer approaches. Maybe we're part of that!