Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

This one is good. I haven't purchased it yet, but have looked through it. It was written by Jessie Ahroni who worked at Northwest Weight Loss Surgery in Everett. I don't know all that she does there, but I do know that she does fills. She has been banded for several years. It is clear and not all techie. Good luck

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0595311148/sr=8-1/qid=1146701600/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-1397330-3203331?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I have this book and I really like it. I read through it cover to cover when I first got it and I still flip through it occassionally. The author has an interesting insight as she is a doctor as well as a bandster.

Wow Kelli- thats awesome that you are up and at 'em enough to be online! WTG!

Where did you get the GasX strips from?

Hi - This is my first posting. Iam being banded May 22, 2006 and I can't wait. Is anyone afraid that their relationships will change with their spouses or friends? Im already getting attitude from my friend about taking the easy way out.:think

carrie

LindaV, I just wrote you a pretty long message and lost it when I wandered off to something else. Sorry. Can I use my medication as an excuse? I will get back on later and start over with my experience. Thinking about you as well as Sleepy Jean and DrewsLou. Were there others banded on May 1 or 2?

Not much energy here but (on the bright side) not much appetite either!!

Hope

Wiggy Giggy-Yes, I'm thrilled. I'm a little more sore today, but nothing unmanageable. I'm so excited!!! I got the Gas-X strips at our Super Walmart they had peppermint and cinnamon. They aren't the greatest tasting things, but I've heard they give the fastest relief. I'm happy with them. :) Take care.:)

Tax Girl - What planet is your friend from? Since when is SURGERY the easy way out? Since when is changing the way you eat drastically with no option to change it other than surgery to reverse it the easy way out? Girl you better not listen to any of that silliness! ;) Take care.

Kelli

Hi to all May bandsters! I hope all that have had their bands are doing well.

I had all my pre-op tests today and everything went great! Only 7 more days till my surgery. I am getting so excited. My DH is getting nervous. Just mostly about going under. I am very confident in my Dr's and I know everything is going to be great!

Hi All,

Hope - glad to hear you made it home ok. I havn't been too hungry either. I did manage to get down a little over 700 calories today. I'm still working on my 48 oz of Water (I'm at about 18 now)

DrewsLou - I am 3 days post op too. Most of the hunger I have had to deal with seems like head hunger but it's terrible when it does hit me. I have found that yogurt smoothies (store bought) have helped a lot and today I made a potato cheese Soup with gold potatos, velveeta lite cheese, nf milk and sour cream. I blended it very smooth and fairly thin (cream soup consistency). I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I ate some. :) My nutritionist and band doc both told me that if it could fit through a straw I could eat it. Photonut told me she blended up bean with bacon soup in a blender and that that really helped curb her hunger. I might try that tomorrow. I find if I feel like I am eating something that tastes good I don't feel quite so deprived.

Anyway, other than that, I am feeling a little better each day. I am still sore around my port area and still have some gas in my chest but I can deal with that. I thought I was going to die doday when I got a tickle in my throat and started coughing. OOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHH! ;) I finally ran upstairs and grabbed the cloraseptic throat spray which numbed my throat and stopped my coughing fit.

I'm sleeping well in my recliner. Hopefully I can return to my bed sometime this weekend.

I'm pulling for and praying for all the rest of you May Bandsters!!

Hi fellow May bandsters! This week has been a little rough, but managable. My main problem was that I had to teach some classes on Tuesday and Wednesday night. I over-did it for sure! Today I was EXHAUSTED and wiped out. I slept the day away. I have had some pain, but have been in my bed from the first night, sleeping well. I have had trouble getting much down, though, and I think I am weak from not getting enough Protein in. When I try to drink a Protein Drink, I feel like I am going to throw up and that terrifies me! I did manage to get some cream of chicken Soup down tonight. I still haven't been hungry, but when I bought my kids some burgers tonight, they did smell mighty good. I've just been sipping Clear Liquids and eating a bit of Jello. Tomorrow I'll try harder to get some protein in. I think that will help. I'm looking forward to the weekend when I can get some real rest. I don't regret this a bit. I'm looking forward to the results! Congrats to those who were banded in the last couple of days. Hang in there. We'll get through this together! I am VERY bruised, and that alarmed me a bit. Then, I looked at the scar thread and saw that some others had bruising as well. Mine just looks so nasty! I guess this too will pass. Best wishes to all who are up next! Please keep us informed of your progress!

:clap2:

Hi All...

Went to my pre-op this afternoon and my surgeon's nurse informed me that my surgery has been moved up one day to the 15th. I am excited...so far I've lost 15 pounds on the pre-op diet and feel hopeful that I'll make my goal of 20 lost before surgery. Seems like I'm feeling a zillion different emotions every five seconds. Sometimes totally positive...other times thinking I'm gonna buy the farm on the operating table. Anyone relate? It is great to hear from those early May bansters and I am eager to join the ranks. Thank you all for being here.

Pat

Im already getting attitude from my friend about taking the easy way out.:think

carrie

That's one of the reasons that I haven't told anyone. Of course, DH knows, and a couple of my docs, but that's it. I have made my decision and am comfortable with it, but I don't want to have to justify it to anyone.

And what's with the easy way out anyway:yell: ??? The band is a great tool, but we still will have to do the work anyway. Sheesh!!

Okay.... Day 3 and I am STARVING!!!! I'm already sick of broth and popsicles, tea, juice, Water, Jello and Isopure. Any other ideas??? :help:

You should follow your Dr. advice, but I will only have to have Clear liquids for two days.

After that, anything you could suck through a straw is OK (not that you have to ;) . Puree Soups and thin with milk or broth. strained cream of potato Soup. Broth, bouillon, fat free consommé, or strained cream Soups. Tomato Soup made with milk or Water. Non-fat milk, yogurt, Yogurt smoothies. Carnation Instant Breakfast. Milk is full of Protein (non-fat - fewer calories). strained or blended cream of asparagus soup; pudding

Sorry for the cut and pasted fonts. Those are on the list my dr. gave me.

Hi All...

...other times thinking I'm gonna buy the farm on the operating table. Anyone relate?

I know how you feel, only it's not me who is having these thoughts. My dad is concerned about it, he understands the reason I am doing this, he just doesn't like that I will have to go under. But I have just said my prayers and left it in God's hands. I am scheduled for May 9th and I can't wait. Good luck on your journey...

I'm BANDED!!! it went really well yesterday. I had surgery between 11:00 and 2:00 PM not sure I was out! but I did great. I had my 52 1 oz shot glasses of ice Water, apple juice, and three Popsicles. I passed the Upper GI with no problems. Then was sent home by 7:30 last night. I had a great night. Slept in my own bed. I thought I was going to have to sleep in the recliner. Got up early due to my back hurting but other than that I doing great! I am now sipping on my water. I will update later today but as for now Doing great! DeAnn

I am happy to hear that you are doing well Mychevygirl!!! Your making my trip this weekend to the states seem so much easier.

Ms. Nikki we will be banded on the same date....Welcome to the "May 2006 Band Crew" !!