Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Wow, you guys ROCK! I just started my Opt-fast today, my surgery being in 3 weeks, and feeling a little weeny bit grumpy. But not anymore!!!! Listening to my fellow May Bandsters and how well your surgery went, I'm just flying now. I can hardly wait. Congratulations to all of you!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I just called and left my doc a message to call me back to see if I can progress to full liquids. I have had no trouble with clear lquids so far, no nausea or heartburn or anything so I'm hoping he gives me the go ahead! If he does I think I will make some cream of Tomato Soup. Yummy! Thanks for the idea about potato cheese soup... I have a yummy recipie for that, maybe I can make some this weekend!

:update: Attention all MAY 2006 BAND CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!:update: :gluck:

I would like to thank you all for all the support and information on the surgery. As I am scheduled for May 9th in Boston I have to pack my clothes tonight and fly there tomorrow:Banane15: . I will have Sunday to relax and Monday pre op in the doctors office and then Tuesday afternoon surgery. I will not be back to the country I work until Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th so I wish all the rest of the "CREW" to hang in there and be strong.!!! I hope to be able to report when I return and share my information to you all...

Peace and love,

Seminole!!!:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Hi All,

DrewsLou--glad to hear things are going better.

mychevygirl--congrats on getting your band!

As for me, I am feeling pretty good today. My energy seems to be back and lasting through most of the day. I have done 3 load of laundry, loaded my dishwasher, gone on a walk with my son and our dogs. I feel really good.

I also went to a local coffee house with my husband and got some piñacolata gelato. Of course, since it was a small amount, I started ingesting as usual which is spooning it in and swallowing. About 12 bites later, I thought maybe I should slow down and when I let it melt in my mouth a little, TO MY HORROR, I realized that it had shredded coconut in it! :embarassed:. I thought OH CRAP, I HOPE IT DOESN"T GET STUCK!

I drank some Water, finished the gelato (discreetly spitting the coconut into a napkin), went home and a quick phone call to PNut assured me that if it were going to get stuck it would have done so already. THANK GOD!!!

From now on, I am definately sticking to liquids!!!!!!:nervous

Take care May Bandsters and keep the rest of us posted!

LindaV, we got banded on the same day. You seem to be doing GREAT! I started out okay, but I think I pushed it too hard on Tuesday and Wednesday. I had to drive b/c I am a single mom and don't have to luxury of being "out of commission". I have rested a lot, though. However, for the last couple of days I feel so nausiated. It's a horrible feeling when my mouth starts watering up and I feel the pressure around my band area. I am terrified to vomit, so I fight it, but it is an awful feeling. As a consequence, I haven't eating much at all. I can't seem to get the Protein down. What are you eating - those of you that have been banded - and do you feel sick sometimes? I thought I would bounce back faster and am getting a little frustrated!

:help:

TXPeach,

Call your doctor. You can get a prescription for the nausea. Just make sure you tell him you need to drive. Mine sent me home with Phenergan (sp?) which works great but totally knocks me out. I hate feeling sick. Are you sure you aren't dehydrated? Dehydration can cause pretty severe nausea. You can tell if your urine is really amber colored and you can also tell if you take your pulse laying down, then stand for about 30 seconds and retake it. If it really goes up a lot (120 +), you should definately call your doc.

I was so nauseated when I was pregnant, I got dehydrated several times. It can be dangerous so be careful and make sure you are getting enough Water. I havn't had to deal with the nausea since the anesthesia wore off--THANK GOD!

I home school my 10 year old and, luckly, we worked ahead this year so we finished 4th grade last Friday--before my surgery. My little guy is pretty independent so if I am wiped out he can fend for himself. He has actually been a lot of help to me this week. I must be doing something right!

I overdid it a little today too. My goal of having dinner on the table went by the wayside when I had to lay down around 5:30. It gets better every day though. It will for you too once you have the nausea under control.

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you to feel better.

Take care and call your Doc!

Hello my May friends!

Day 4 has gone well. I talked to my doc today and he gave me the green light for some simple full liquids. I made some potato cheese Soup and watered it down with milk and blended it until smooth. It's amazing how much better I feel! I probably only got about 6 tablespoons down though and I was full. I thought I was eating slowly enough to tell when I was full but I think I may have overdid it a bite or 2. That was over 3 hours ago and I am just now not feeling so full. Lesson learned!!

I am going back to work on Monday and think that just talking 4 days off worked great for me. I went to the grocery store alone today and did fine. I have no pain whatsover just a little pulling pressure where my port is. I think I will try and sleep in bed tonight. My neck gets so sore sleeping in the recliner!

I hope everyone who has been banded this week is doing well and getting lots of rest. Those who are waiting to be banded get all those last minute things done before surgery and enjoy lots of time with those you love. The recovery has not been nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be for me.

Did anyone have "last meals" before getting banded? I seemed to have many many of them. LOL. Steak, gyros and pizza were my favorites!

im trying to find someone that has had the lap band for a while iv had mine for 1 yr and 5 months and only lost 60 lbs im in arut and need helpthanks wendi

It's amazing how much better I feel! I probably only got about 6 tablespoons down though and I was full. I thought I was eating slowly enough to tell when I was full but I think I may have overdid it a bite or 2. That was over 3 hours ago and I am just now not feeling so full.

DrewsLou - I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing how much (little) Soup it took to feel full. I just have a hard time dealing with the thought that 6 tablespoons might have been too much :faint:

i leave on tuesday for mx--and am getting a little nervous now. hope everyone who has just been banded does great in the weeks to come.

soon, i will be in bandland myself--can't wait!:nervous

I'm not being a very good bandster. I'm struggling, but not for the reasons I expected. Prior to this, I was a "one huge meal a day" kind of person. I find this constant sipping throughout the day to be tough. Also, making sure I get in all of supplements and my regular meds is a real pain.

Since I can't eat a ton of food in one sitting like I used to do, I find that I'm not eating much at all. It didn't matter so much earlier this week when I was spending most of my time on the couch, drifting in and out of conciousness. Now that I'm alert and able to get around pretty well, I'm having some problems.

Yesterday, my stomach was hurting really bad. It wasn't until late in the day that I realized that it's because I'm hungry. Totally foreign concept. I can't remember the last time I was hungry. My obesity is because I eat for every other reason besides actual hunger. And it's the weirdest thing, because it's not head hunger. I'm not sitting around like "oh man, I realllly miss fooood!" It's pure physical "can't I just scarf down a burger or something and make my damn stomach shut up?" hunger. Strange.

I just can't seem to pace myself. It's like I have ADD or something. I set out to drink my 6oz of Fluid each hour, but then I put it down and forget about it. I have all these half empty cups of liquids around the place.

Anyone else having problems adjusting?