Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Hey everyone! I'm a May bandster too. I am new to this site but excited to chat with everyone about our experiences. I live in Nebraska and will be having my surgery in Scottsbluff on the 18th. I'm starting at 265 and would love to lose half of it, I'm 5'2".

I started my 2 weeks of Optifast today. All I could get was chocolate. Its actually not that bad. I can have a small salad and baked potatoe for supper if Í want. :hungry:

Pre-op is May 4

Surgery - May 12:clap2:

Seminole - Where are you from?

Hello sleepyjean, I also had my surgery at cedars feb 20th, Dr. Nishe, they have a great team over there, they are going to take great care of you, my surgery was over in 30 minutes. I can totally relate to how you are feeling especially being invisible, depression, isolation, 31 feeling like 81. You will soon be coming out of all that soon, I see only see success in your future...You have a lot of color and witt. You just have one more day to go.....Yippee

Well as of Friday evening, I am officially kicked out of the May band crew :eekB:

My urologist called and I have to have more testing on top of the testing Ive had - possible kidney damage and something on my kidney. So I have cancelled my surgery until I can get this all figured out and get that taken care of.

Any of you not have to do barium swallows? Im interested because I had an allergic reaction and Im learning not all doctors make you do this.

Good luck to all you May banders! and Im not going far - I need LBT for support and something to look forward to in the coming months.

Womanwithin,

I am so sorry to read about your situation.I hope that you find a quick solution to the delay issue. Yes, you must keep us all posted and in a couple of weeks I will be able to share my story with you all. Please remain positive and keep trying to lose weight and do not let this take you down.. Please keep pressing the issue to get the surgery..:kiss2:

Wow it is almost May and I wish I had the time to put every " May band Crew" schedule all on on post. I know our month has really grown alot over the past few weeks. Where are all the first week in my banders?

Hello sleepyjean, I also had my surgery at cedars feb 20th, Dr. Nishe, they have a great team over there, they are going to take great care of you, my surgery was over in 30 minutes. I can totally relate to how you are feeling especially being invisible, depression, isolation, 31 feeling like 81. You will soon be coming out of all that soon, I see only see success in your future...You have a lot of color and witt. You just have one more day to go.....Yippee

Thank you so much for the pep talk! I really needed it in this moment. Dr. Khalili is doing my band, but I met Dr. Nishi on Tuesday and he was a really great guy! Everyone over there has been really nice and very helpful and professional.

Meanwhile, less than 24 hours to go and I'm a little teary. I thought I would be jumping up and down with excitement, and I was - until this morning. But you can't begin one thing without ending something else. And even though what I'm ending is a life of obesity, isolation, and depression, I'm still a little sad. It feels like I'm saying goodbye to a little piece of myself. :cry

...on the other hand, I have to take that nasty fleet phospho-soda in about an hour and I have a feeling that after that, I'll have ... ahem...<i>other</i> things on my mind.:eekB:

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. It's been the greatest tool to read what everyone has to say about their lap band experience and/or thoughts.

I'm going to be banded on May 11th with Dr. Aceves. I can't wait. Is anyone else scheduled with him around that time?

I want to wish everyone in MAY a happy banding day! I will be banded on Thursday! I have been on a liquid diet since last Monday and have lost a great amount of weight this past week. Tomorrow is weigh in an I know they will be surprised. Now I'm getting from some people, do you think you really need the surgery? if you have done so will. THATS my problem. I can lose weigh easily. But the second I go off I will gain it all back in a month. I am really scared to every do that again. That is the reason I need extra help with the band tool. I am so looking forward to Thursday. I am hoping to be one of the first on the schedule. My Dr. does not tell you until you get to the hospital. So good luck to you all and I will be thinking of you all this week.

DeAnn

SleepyJean,

This is a big step for your new beginning. All will be well and I will be thinking of you tomorrow and all the May 1st people.

I just had some ice cream and will have some Chinese food tonight as of tomorrow I have to go on all liquids until I am able to have food again which will be a few weeks away. I have already made my Protein Drink for Breakfast and work tomorrow. I will be drowning myself in the Crystal Light until further notice. As this month comes to a conclusion I feel only happiness towards the venture we are all taking together. How is everyone else feeling? Did all of your pre op shopping?

Hi everyone!

I am getting banded on May 17, in Monterrey, Mexico, by Dr. Arturo Rodriguez. I am right here for those of you going before me. :biggrin1: You are at the beginning of your journey to a healthier YOU! Good luck to everyone. I pray for everyone to have a safe surgery.

Cathy

in NW Arkansas

TBB: 5/17/06

in Monterrey, Mexico

by Dr. Arturo Rodriguez

:welcomeB:

Welcome to Londoner, REEIZBOOJE, marz88, karma2, cathmo!! It's great to have you all part of the May Crew. This is growing into such a wonderful large group....we will be able to learn so much from each other.

Lisa ~ Sorry to hear you have to cancel your surgery, but I can understand why your kidneys take top priority. :cry

Way to go Deann!! :eekB: You have done a super duper job on your pre-diet!! Let us know what their reaction was after you find out how much you lost. I can't believe May is almost here. How are you feeling about the whole thing?

sleepyjean ~ Bless your heart!! I hope your feeling better. I am so excited and can hardly wait until the 26th, but I bet I feel just like you as the date gets closer. I think your emotions are normal. This is a huge step, but you are not alone!! Hang in there sweetie and keep us posted!! :)

I am hoping to be banded in mid May by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I am very excited about it. He wants me on a low carb pre-op diet because my BMI is under 40. Not to lose weight but to shrink my liver so it is easier to manager when they go in to place the band.

Good Luck and God Bless you all!!!

Robin in Arizona

Hi Robin ~ Sorry I missed you somehow on the above welcome. We're so glad your part of our May group!!! My doc doesn't require the pre-op diet, but I think it's a good idea.

:welcome:

YEAH....it's May here in IN b/c it's 1:04AM!!

:whoo: