Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Well what I want to lose and what is physically possible isn't the same :heh: lol

If I had a choice I would weigh 120 again BUT then I would look sick so Im aiming for 150 - attainable and healthy at 5'7"; haven't even thought about how many inches - now Seminole you gave me something new to think about

</P>

Having 4 children certainly did a number on my body but that's my excuse I used, oh that and being on bed rest for 6-7 months, and a separated pelvis, Endometrosis, Adenomyosis, kidney problems....list goes on and on...

I've lost 29 lbs so far, waiting on my doctor to release me to have the band.

WomanWithin,

You are doing great on your journey. I think when I go to the states I will by buy some incentive clothes to always to try to fit in and when I get in them I know I will be where I want to be:D . I need/require challenges like this...

Hi Seminole,

I want to lose about 150 pounds. I am not even sure what my goal weight should be.

I got down to 160 once in high school and looked pretty good.

I started this at 313 before the prediet and hope to be at 290 in six days for my surgery.

WOW :confused:, a 150 ound weight loss finally seems attainable!!!!!!! I couldn't even stand to think in those kind of numbers before.

I was at 280 last week when I went for my preop. I am now at 270 and want to lose 100 pounds. I was around a size 13 when I think I looked and felt my best. I'm not hoping for miracles..... just a little boost!

I have been trying different Protein Shakes lately. Today I tried EAS Carb Control in strawberry cream. It is sooooooo good! I think I found my new favorite!

Good question, Seminole. I am now on day two of my pre-op diet. Yesterday was definitely a change in my eating habits! I have dropped about four pounds since my highest weight due to increased walking over the past month +. That leaves 189 to go till I get to my desired weight. Actually, 179 would put me at a pretty darn good place. Interesting..... till I joined this forum, I would not have been able to say how much I needed to lose....just too hard to share with others how much extra I have been carrying around all these years...lying on my driver's license, demurring when other people would discuss how much they weigh (like I could fool anyone with a halfway decent guess mechanism). This is such a positive place...no room for shame, only support, encouragement and hope. Thank you all for making this forum such a healing environment. Oh....got a call from UHC yesterday and may be approved by the end of this week, thus making the May 8th or May 15th week a lock for surgery. I sure hope so....while I intend to be totally compliant on this pre-op diet, my stomach is still the size of Montana and HUNGRY! By the way, have you all found the place where it shows the whole surgery done on video? While totally fascinating, it may make you a bit squeamish if this is not your thing. If you haven't seen it and are interested, please let me know and I'll send the URL. Happy Tuesday all !!!!!

Pat

Scout,

I have never seen the video and maybe I will do it this week. I think it will be interesting. Keep up the walking!!! To tell you the truth I am not sure what I weigh as where i live I can't find a scale that is over the 350 mark. I do have to say that I am a tidy 350+. Most people would never guess I weigh this much....seriously!!!

Thanks for all the support, I am happy just a little nervous. I have never had surgey. I had a baby but it was a cake walk. Thanks again

I am shooting for a 100 lb weight loss. It seems overwhelming to put down such a big number, but I intend to "plan the work and work the plan". I'll get there one pound at at time and would consider myself successful even if it took me 1.5 - 2 yrs to do it. This is major and takes major changes in my head more than my body. I thank the Lord everyday for LBT!!!

I can relate to you Scout....I look forward to the day I can put my real weight on my drivers license. My husband has looked at mine b4 and I would just DIE if he ever knew how much I really weighed at this point in time. I protect that number with my life. :confused:

The video is awesome!! I would send it to any loved ones or friends that is interested in the process. A lot of people don't understand what this surgery really entails. My mom thought I would wear a band around the outside of my waist. :( God bless her. She now knows better.

thats great Scout, going through the ins approval process is the hard part :confused: glad yours will turn out to be an approval - Ive read things about UHC being the easiest to get approval for - not here in FL that I have found so far.

Anyone else have UHC in Florida? I haven't found an ins co. in FL that covers the process yet.

okay, i watched a little of the video, skipped around some. i had to stop

after about 5 mins. it is neat how they do it, however, but when i saw the

intestines, that was enough of insides for me!! i really do not like to watch too many surgeries, not my thing. i only have 15 days til surgery,

getting a tad bit nervous, but still very happy about it.:(

Hi everyone,

I was at my information meeting last night. Wow! They showed a DVD on the procedure. I don't get freaked out seeing that stuff so I thought it was interesting.

I start my Optifast this Saturday for 2 weeks. For those who are on it, how difficult did you find it to just drink your meals for 2 weeks? Is it going to matter much if I have a small meal once in a while?

I am glad I found this site before last night. most of the stuff that was discussed, I already had read here.

Thanks to all who post tips.

I too am looking at losing 100+ pounds.

Can someone tell me how I keep track of my weigihtloss on my tickertape?

I am getting nervous and anxious at the same time. I'm nervous because I'm afraid it won't work for me, but I want it to so badly! I'm anxious because I can't wait to get it done. I start the liquid Protein diet on April 28th and really really want to stick to it 110%. It would be so great to lose weight before even getting the band and be that much further ahead in the game. I have the pre-op class on May 3rd, at Abbott Northwestern in Mpls. Then on May 5th I have my pre-op physical. Next week will go fast. I think the week prior to the surgery I'm going to plan on doing some things to help that time go fast too. Once I"m banded I probably won't have much energy for a while, right?

I love this forum, it has helped me so much and I look forward to learning and reading more as time goes by.

I'm 266 and want to lose 130 pounds. My God, that seems like a lot!

Had a bit of a scare this week. First, my white blood cell count was high. They said if if didn't come down, they might have to cancel my surgery. Then they said the hospital would not let me leave by myself (I plan to take a cab) and they might not operate. I spent the past 24 hours totally freaking out about all of that, wondering what the hell I was going to do if they made me reschedule. Luckily everything came out okay. All systems are go for Monday @. 7:45 am, baby!