Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction??? Weight Isn't Budging At 2 Months...

I will be 2 mos. post op and have 4 cc's in my band. I am not feeling much restriction and I am able to eat ribs, fried chicken, etc. There is not much that I can't eat. I am going back to mushies today as I know I am pushing it. I haven't budged a pound since the surgery, however I haven't gained either. I did lose 20+ pre-surgery

Anyone have the same experience? My friend only has 2 cc's and she is feeling almost too tight. Very confusing.

I will be 2 mos. post op and have 4 cc's in my band. I am not feeling much restriction and I am able to eat ribs, fried chicken, etc. There is not much that I can't eat. I am going back to mushies today as I know I am pushing it. I haven't budged a pound since the surgery, however I haven't gained either. I did lose 20+ pre-surgery

Anyone have the same experience? My friend only has 2 cc's and she is feeling almost too tight. Very confusing.

just a question *and since being banded, we are not dieting and we can eat whatever we want* but how much fried chicken and ribs are you eating? are you eating over a cup of food at a time? i really dont think eating (fried) foods is good for anyone really (but it sure is yummy)......it could be the food you are eating? ......sorry i wish i could offer more (advice) but i am 3 months out and do not eat fried foods at all,

I agree. You are absolutely right. Fried is bad. And I have been giving into soda, too (my doc allows carbonation). Time to get back to basics. Starting over today.

I agree. You are absolutely right. Fried is bad. And I have been giving into soda, too (my doc allows carbonation). Time to get back to basics. Starting over today.

well, not gonna lecture you my friend as we have all been there. you know what to do. and as long as you start (and begin a new day) you will be a success. you can do this, i know you can.

just do what you have to do to make yourself well.

1 cup of food at any time. Protein first. fresh fruit/fresh veggies. (and drink alot of fluids) i love peach ice tea from crystal light (buy Walmart brand as its cheaper)....you are not alone :)

One thing. They told me a 1/2 cup food per meal. How am I supposed to get Protein fruit and veggies into a 1/2 cup. I guess I should have asked them that, but......

I am going to go to a support class later this month.

Nothing you dont know but I feel the question is... why are you eating all that food?

I needed this to work for me. I am guessing you did too or you wouldnt have been banded. The band only does 70% of the work. You need to do the rest. ribs and fried chicken arent in my diet plan. The would blow my 1000 calories a day out of the Water. I am a firm believer that you do need to control your calories to lose the weight. With or without the band. The band makes it easier not to over eat but if you are making bad choices day after day you wont lose weight.

Once you have lost the weight you can relax and eat that stuff in moderation to maintain. Thats where the band makes it easier in my eyes.

One thing. They told me a 1/2 cup food per meal. How am I supposed to get Protein fruit and veggies into a 1/2 cup. I guess I should have asked them that, but......

I am going to go to a support class later this month.

well, all drs are different and they all say different amounts/oz etc.......i eat a cup of food (most of time i am stuffed at 3/4). i eat my Protein first (veggies if i can finish) and then i stop. most of my cup is protein. (i also drink a Protein shake for Breakfast so i know i am getting my protein that way all with my dr's okay).

Listen to Floridays, she has lost 208 lbs and is now on maintenance. If you think losing is hard, try to maintain. You have to get your body to either not lose anymore or to not gain! It is tough. But, if she can lose the weight, so can you. You have to stop eating fried chicken, ribs, etc. Most people can't stop at 1 piece of either. After awhile, you can add 1 piece to your meal, but your eyes have to learn what a portion is. Try using a sectioned plate you can find them online. I use a salad size plate and have since my 6 month pre-surgery diet. Best wishes. Karen

I am not eating THAT much, but I am still making the bad choice. For example, I cannot finish a whole chicken breast fried, and I can only eat 2 ribs at a time. But it is still more than the liquid diet that took the forst 20+ lbs off in the first place.

I am broiling some chicken now and making some chk salad. That always seemed to fill me up quickly with a couple tablespoons as I make it very dry.

I also have a habit/compulsion to drink while eating. I don't even know that I grabbed a bottle of Water and drink it. How did you overcome this instinctual habit?

gonna be tough......as i am very strict on myself. dont hate me.

just stop drinking the drink during meal times. you can make a choice. your lunch sounds great. stop at a cup and then your done. as kil and flor says, you gotta change what you eat/how much and then just do it.

hang in there.

Y

I am not eating THAT much, but I am still making the bad choice. For example, I cannot finish a whole chicken breast fried, and I can only eat 2 ribs at a time. But it is still more than the liquid diet that took the forst 20+ lbs off in the first place.

I am broiling some chicken now and making some chk salad. That always seemed to fill me up quickly with a couple tablespoons as I make it very dry.

I also have a habit/compulsion to drink while eating. I don't even know that I grabbed a bottle of Water and drink it. How did you overcome this instinctual habit?

You need to not have the Water available to you when you are eating. It is not easy to get used to. My son-in-law always has to have water with is meal. Just don't order it if you are out, and don't provide it when you are home! It is a habit, just liek the habit of drinking while eating. Karen

how long to you wait until you drink Water after eating? Do you stop right before or do you drink right up to eating?

all are different i guess. i dont drink after for 30 min (sometimes 15, depends really). i am sure kil and flor could give you better advice on that then i as i am still kinda new

how long to you wait until you drink Water after eating? Do you stop right before or do you drink right up to eating?

I have found that it doesnt matter when I stop drinking before I eat. Its more important that I dont drink after or during. I ueually wait 30 minutes. Any sooner than that usually gets me in trouble. FOr me it feels like the liquid just pushed the food back up if I drink too soon after eating

radarluv,

You have many questions that I think you ought to discuss with your surgeon and/or nutritionist. We're all different. Hopefully that group you're going to will shed some light.

Good luck and don't beat yourself up!