Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Do You Start To Feel The Weight Loss?

I had my surgery July 17th.. since surgery i've lost a total of 20 pounds.. my clothes fit different.. but i dont actually feel like ive lost any weight.. i feel like i look exactly the same .. its so frustrating.. i get on the scale every monday .. with weight loss each week so far(knock on wood) but i almost feel a lack of motivation because i dont have the euphoric feeling of actually getting lighter... ugh! i had my first fill about 2 weeks ago and can already tell a difference in how full i get!! its insane .. i havent had a stuck episode.. which suprises the hell out of me because i finally ate some bread and everything was perfectly normal like i didnt even have a band.. its so weird in comparison to how i hear things are once you actually have the band.. comments anyone??

It may take 2-6 more fills before you get any restriction. That's how it works for many/most of us. One fill rarely gets you to the yellow zone. I had 6 fills before I made it to the green zone. Your experience is similar to many.

I'm not sure what you were expecting to "feel" like if you lose 20 lbs. 20 lbs is a great achievement but you may not feel lighter or have more dexterity for many more lbs? Maybe 70 more lbs. But you should be celebrating the loss of 20 lbs of excess weight.

This WLS isn't a quick fix. It's going to take a couple of years to get close to your goal weight if you are a normal bandster.

tmf

I can relate to how you feel. I am 6 weeks post-op and lost 10lbs during the pre-op diet and 25 lbs post. I know my clothes are looser, people at work have commented. For the first week or two, I was "feeling it" but now feel like I look the same as I did 35 lbs ago. It's weird to explain, as I know I have lost; however, I feel like I look the same. I am hoping another 10 lbs will do the trick to make me start getting into it more. Don't lose faith, just pounds. ;)

Great wishes sent your way!!!

You will in time. Plus we all have a distorted image if ourselves. It seems that when the pounds go off you feel the same, when the pounds don't go off , the inches do! Clothes begin to "feel" different, looser, falls of shoulders, etc. congrats!!!!

As was said previously, sometimes you don't necessarily "see" it. I have lost 6 clothing sizes and over 50 pounds, but most of the time I feel the same and I think I look the same (obviously not true).

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

So true. My clothes are all bagging up and the mirror and scale seem not to move. But I'm down. 31 lbs. hmmmm the inches are gone though and that's awesome!!! I know WLS isn't a cure and u know all the work I'm doing is paying off. But it is weight '"loss"' so it's expected:)

I had my surgery July 17th.. since surgery i've lost a total of 20 pounds.. my clothes fit different.. but i dont actually feel like ive lost any weight.. i feel like i look exactly the same .. its so frustrating.. i get on the scale every monday .. with weight loss each week so far(knock on wood) but i almost feel a lack of motivation because i dont have the euphoric feeling of actually getting lighter... ugh! i had my first fill about 2 weeks ago and can already tell a difference in how full i get!! its insane .. i havent had a stuck episode.. which suprises the hell out of me because i finally ate some bread and everything was perfectly normal like i didnt even have a band.. its so weird in comparison to how i hear things are once you actually have the band.. comments anyone??

I posted my loss tracker in another thread.... you may want to look at it... the weight comes off as it went on... 1 pound at a time. Its low and tedious....but it will come off. I think I felt the loss right away but didnt "see" it until I had lost the first hundred to be honest with you.

I had my surgery on July 13 and I have now lost 26 lbs. I had lost 17 lbs before my first fill and since my first fill on August 29 and I have since lost 9 lbs in the past week. I had several sticks before my first fill and they are very painful. I have not had any since last week. I still do not feel like I get full though. I get hungry before 4 hrs. Guess I need several more fills before I reach my green zone. Going great though!

20 lbs is alot. Next time you are at the grocery store pickup two 10lb bags of flour or sugar and see how heavy they are. Sometimes we need that kind of visual, I know I do. We see ourselves the same as always......it takes a while for the head to catch up with the body.

As for the fill and feeling restriction, tmf is right on the money. I finally got to the green zone after my last fill (8th fill), a month ago and I was banded in February. You will get there, it just takes time. You are doing great.

20 lbs doesn't feel like a lot, especially for those of us who need to lose a ton more weight, but here's what i recommend to get some perspective: Take 4 5lb bags of flour/sugar and try lifting them all. when you see how much 20lbs feels like, you will be euphoric with excitement that it's GONE!!!

I am down 56 lbs and I'm just now feeling the weightloss

I had hubby take " before" pictures in a bathing suit, 2 piece.... they are hysterical and I was hysterical when I looked at them. BUT, it is very helpful now, to see a new picture after 50-plus loss, and compare!!!!

By the way, until I started wearing properly fitting clothing, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, noticed my 50 pound weight loss !

I cannot say enough about the value of one great, properly fitting outfit !! Including undergarments !!!!! Got a good-fitting bra to get the ladies looking better !!!!!Huge difference !

I had hubby take " before" pictures in a bathing suit' date=' 2 piece.... they are hysterical and I was hysterical when I looked at them. BUT, it is very helpful now, to see a new picture after 50-plus loss, and compare!!!!

By the way, until I started wearing properly fitting clothing, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, noticed my 50 pound weight loss !

I cannot say enough about the value of one great, properly fitting outfit !! Including undergarments !!!!! Got a good-fitting bra to get the ladies looking better !!!!!Huge difference ![/quote']

Agree 100% about bra fitting!! I lost close to 70 lbs but first real difference I noticed was after I had a bra fitting and bought good supportive (albeit expensive) bra. I have gone from a 42DD to 38D. Difference ia amazing!

Lisa in NYC

Well, I'm down 50.7 pounds overall since June 18, less than 3 months of diet. Since my band on Aug 6, I've lost close to 17 pounds. But I purchased a pair of bluejeans that were 4 sizes smaller and I thought maybe in the future I might be able to wear them. I tried them on and they fit NOW. I'm stoked and very happy. 4 sizes in less than 3 months.