Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am excited that I lost 35 pounds but my clothes look really dumpy on me. I would hate to buy a total new wardrobe but need to get a few essential work/dressy items. I am probably a size 20-22 but would like to get a couple of itmes that would also fit when I lose more. Any ideas or suggestions???

Congrats on your loss! Doesn't it feel so good to need new clothes? :)

I saved some of my smaller clothes as I outgrew them so I have a few things but I'm a thrift store-yard sale QUEEN. I have bought many a nice things and never paid much over $5.00 for hardly any of it. It lets me get what I need until I am ready for that new, entire wardrobe.

However, I do reward myself with a trip to the mall when I hit my goal for the month and in my opinion, 35 pounds is AWESOME and you deserve something new! Try corset tops that adjust and there are also pants and skirts that have adjustable waist bands (they have elastic on the sides and buttons on the inside) they are very comfortable and stylish.

Congrats again and keep going!

Thanks! Oh, corsets - sounds like fun! I never thought about adjustable pants...I buy them for my super skinny DD - lol! I also should make an end-of-the-month goal, I never thought of that. Good idea.

I started in 2-3x shirts and 26/28 or 4x skirts and shirts or leggings so I had been blasting through a lot of sizes! I basically pinned my skirts until it just wouldn't work and more.... Then I started buying cheap .... what I call disposable clothing... Tj maxx, Walmart, target, old navy online sales are super......etc. I work in an office but it's not suits and heels thankfully so I work skirts and blouses or leggings with long tunic sweaters in the winter.. I would buy elastic waist stuff so it was forgiving.... And then start the pinning again when they would get too big. I only had about 5 things I rotated for work and not much more than that for the weekends.

It's funny it as you get closer to goal the clothes seem to too big way faster...before I could make them last through 40 or 50 lbs... Now every 10 lbs I am noticing things are too big!

It's a fun problem to have.... But costly. I did go to a few thrift stores which I would never have imagined myself doing in my fat days. I bought 4 tops which all had the original tags that were all brand names...for 4 bucks each!!

Oh yes, I set a goal at the first of every month and when I reach it, I celebrate! A new outfit from a "real" store is always a prize. I buy something I can wear now and something I really love in a size smaller. I hang the smaller outfit on my closet door and every morning when I get out of bed, I'm forced to look at it; same thing when I go to bed at night. Post-It notes on my mirror are another one of my goofy tricks but hey, it's worked for me so far.

Thrifts are my favs! I love finding my treasures and paying next to nothing. Great finds on the $4 tops! I love those kind of trips! ;)

When my step mom was blasting through sizes (she had lap band quite a few years ago), she went to Goodwill. When I get out of the plus range, I may just try the same thing until I get down or past :) my goal, and then go on a shopping trip!

There is a clothing exchange here on the boards somewhere:)

Yes there is a clothing exchange in here some place.

For me I love to shop and buy new clothes all the time but I have found myself slowing down since I won't be in the same size for to long. Ive always been after good deals though, I don't know if you have a DD's discount or Ross near your area but I can find shirts and bottom for a steal 3.99 to 9.99 on tops and bottoms no more than 14 dollars. Also I have a couple of friends I sell my clothes to when they don't fit or have a yard sale to get cash for new clothes. Also check at your doctors office for support groups, mine has a group that exchanges clothes every month. Best wishes!

Have been on a weight loss journey for over 3 years. I did not however start to go to charity shops until this year. I need suit jackets for interviews but was unemployed and did not want to spend the money on new stuff. I found a micro fiber/velvet jacket $7, black suit jacket (brand and current style being sold at JC Penny's $7), pink suit jacket from dress barn still with tags $15 (originally $45), Land's End cardigan $5, Ralph Lorean bouse $5. My suggestion is find a Savers, goodwill, salvation army store in or near a well off town. You can find some very good quality/brand items.

another option if u have some expensive clothes that are too big is getting them taylored if you have a mall nearby most Nordstoms do alterations for cheaper than a new pair of pants or shirt. If your in a larger city you can also look for someplace that does alterations. Depends how mant clothes and how often.