Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1St Day Back To Work And Omgsh ......

......am I sore :o I was banded on Aug. 23 so I'm 6 days out and I thought since I just have a desk job I wouldn't have any problems but was I wrong. I guess all the up and down and sitting in my chair vs. relaxing/reclining has made my surgery area SORE. Not the stitches but my inside muscles.

Haven't had pain pills for about 2-3 days now but I think tonight before bed I might have to take one. Coming back to work might have actually been good for me because it has forced me to do more than being at home laid up afraid I'll do too much!

I've only had a couple (right after and a day after surgery) of "Oh my gosh, what have I done to myself" moments so that's good.

Still trying to get Protein in. I'm working on my second 20grms now. Not easy, let me tell ya! Not easy for me with the Water either. But I'll keep trying.

Now that I've tackled my first day back to work, SURELY the 2nd day wont be so bad. Will it :wacko: ?

Love this site, it has so much information and people are so helpful and nice.

Ohh and the air/gas seems to be MUCH better today. Still feel it, but not like before so for that I'm thankful :D

I regretted it until day 10 post op. I felt like I had ruined my life. Ha ha. I am a drama mama sometimes. Glad you are doing well and stay positive! We are going to be healthy! Yay!

Just what I needed to read.....was banded Monday, start work (at a new job) next Tuesday. Also a desk job, and I don't even have to put in a full day, but already worried -- and already wondering if I made the wrong decision getting a lap-band at all! :D Guess I'm definitely in the right place!!

......am I sore :o I was banded on Aug. 23 so I'm 6 days out and I thought since I just have a desk job I wouldn't have any problems but was I wrong. I guess all the up and down and sitting in my chair vs. relaxing/reclining has made my surgery area SORE. Not the stitches but my inside muscles.

Haven't had pain pills for about 2-3 days now but I think tonight before bed I might have to take one. Coming back to work might have actually been good for me because it has forced me to do more than being at home laid up afraid I'll do too much!

I've only had a couple (right after and a day after surgery) of "Oh my gosh, what have I done to myself" moments so that's good.

Still trying to get Protein in. I'm working on my second 20grms now. Not easy, let me tell ya! Not easy for me with the Water either. But I'll keep trying.

Now that I've tackled my first day back to work, SURELY the 2nd day wont be so bad. Will it :wacko: ?

Love this site, it has so much information and people are so helpful and nice.

Ohh and the air/gas seems to be MUCH better today. Still feel it, but not like before so for that I'm thankful :D

I was banded on last Thursday as well. I returned on yesterday and I'm sorry I only made it until about 4:40 pm and I'll leave early again today. I've been here since 6:45 AM so I don't feel so bad but sitting in one spot all day makes the damn gas go to my back AND if I don't sit up straight my abdomen is extremely sore. I'm waiting until I get home to take my meds, a bath and go to bed. Thankfully, the 3 day weekend of coming!! Feel better soon!!!

Today was my first full day back at work. I tried to go in to work a full day Tuesday, but the pain was unbearable so I left early. Today I worked alone... I manage an apartment complex. It was not a good day. Barely made it through the day. Tomorrow will not be a full day at work as I need to get to urgent care first thing in the morning. Looks as if I have an infection forming from my largest incision.

It has not been a fun week. Hoping that next week gets better. Planning lots of rest over Labor Day weekend.