Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Banded In September?

Congratulations to both on your surgery today- hope you both heal well - keep me posted on your progress please - best wishes

Thank you very much! Will def. Keep you posted on progress. So far so good! Just had an amazing nurse. That can make all the difference! Sad to see her shift end!

Congrats to all who got their day, and those who had surgery today. Seems like everyone is doing ok, that is great news!!! 5 days and counting......Also starving....lol

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 7am. I am so excited and a little nervous. I know it is completely stupid but i cheated a little bit at dinner tonight. I am at a hotel and they didn't have anything that I liked or that was healthy. I ordered out at Red Lobster and had some fish and a salad(I tried for steamed broccoli but some stupid cook put tons of salt on it). I didn't have any croutons on my salad but neglected to tell the server not to put any of those to-die-for cheddar bay biscuits in there. For one person she gave me 5!!!!! i gave a couple to my son and saved some for my husband but must confess I ate about a 1/3 of one. I don't think it will screw me up but I still feel incredibly guilty. I have worked my butt off these last 3 weeks to eat correctly and am already down 24lbs(this includes what I lost right before the pre-op by giving up bread and soda) so I don't really know why I would do something so boneheaded.

Oh well. Will post after my surgery in the morning.....

Wish me luck!

Good luck tomorrow ! I was banded today and besides a tender belly I feel awesome. maybe it's the morphine lol

My Dr provides shakes have 5 a day and 2 oz of protien 2 oz of veg then sugar free beverages.It's rough but not unbearable

My Dr. Aguilar told me to have 5 Optifast a day and drinks Water after , and pops and jelatine without sugar if I am very hungry, but if I am only hungry

if I feel dizzey to drink hot water with one chicken broth.< /p>

but I am doing ok, I am not hungry.

congratulations Fostermomma, take care and let us as soon as you can that your doing alright. I will be thinking about you!!!! Good Luck!!

Congratulations! I had mine this morning too! Who was your surgeon? I had Dr. Glasgow. He was great too. I am so excited and also relieved it's over! Can't wait to eat real food again in a few weeks! Well good luck' date=' and let's hope we heal quickly![/quote']

I feel so much better today than yesterday! The gas pain stinks though. How are you doing today? Dr. Paul Enochs in Cary, NC did my surgery and I was very pleased with his care.

Had my band yesterday, port and chest sore( had a hiatal hernia) but other than that feel pretty good only had one pain dose since 10 last night. Good luck to all those getting banded. The surgery sounds scarier than it is!

Had my band yesterday, port and chest sore( had a hiatal hernia) but other than that feel pretty good only had one pain dose since 10 last night. Good luck to all those getting banded. The surgery sounds scarier than it is!

Hello! Glad you are feeling better. Sorry about the hiatal hernia. I assume he repaired it for you? I am feeling better. Sore, but better. He had to put my port on the right side. He usually does the left side, but said because of the way my muscles were, it wouldn't fit there. Hmmm... My biggest disappointment was gaining 7 pounds back! I assume it is Water weight due to swelling and IV fluids, but still...what a bummer! I had worked so hard to lose 18 pounds prior to surgery, so to gain 7 back stinks. Did you gain any after surgery? I don't recall hearing anyone talk about that. Anyway, I'm happy for us! It's done! Now we can look ahead!

I want to thank everyone so far who has been banded this month and letting us know post op how they are feeling. I go in 6 days Sept 13 and I find your information is very comforting, which makes me less nervous and more excited about my new start. Best of luck to all, and keep the good news coming.

Hello! Glad you are feeling better. Sorry about the hiatal hernia. I assume he repaired it for you? I am feeling better. Sore, but better. He had to put my port on the right side. He usually does the left side, but said because of the way my muscles were, it wouldn't fit there. Hmmm... My biggest disappointment was gaining 7 pounds back! I assume it is Water weight due to swelling and IV fluids, but still...what a bummer! I had worked so hard to lose 18 pounds prior to surgery, so to gain 7 back stinks. Did you gain any after surgery? I don't recall hearing anyone talk about that. Anyway, I'm happy for us! It's done! Now we can look ahead!

I got my band yesterday too and had the same thing with my weight. I lost 10 on the pre-op diet and gained 5 back during the course of the day. I'm going with the IV fluids and swelling too. Still pretty sore but i'm sure it will be a little better every day. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Glad to hear everyone who had surgery this week are doing ok. I have mine in 4 days. I plan on follwing the advise of my girlfriend who got banded. After she got home she did not weigh herself until she went back to the dr. two weeks later. She didn't want to be on that rollercoaster of being up and down daily. Especially durning the next few weeks your body will retain and release Water and you really can't get a true count of weight that way. Plus, what it does to your mind, if your down your happy, if your up your like why am I not losing.

I know I am going to be losing weight having this surgery, I don't want to keep playing the same mind games with myself and give all the power to that scale.

I hope all who had surgery this week just keep feeling better and better, I look forward to your posts, it encourges me as I get close!!! Thanks

Yea he repaired the hernia, i havnt weighed but I am very bloated so I am sure I had a gain .

I want to thank everyone so far who has been banded this month and letting us know post op how they are feeling. I go in 6 days Sept 13 and I find your information is very comforting, which makes me less nervous and more excited about my new start. Best of luck to all, and keep the good news coming.

You are welcome for sharing, and good luck to you too! Sounds like you are excited. You will do great! ;) How are you doing with the pre-op liquid diet? That is the hardest part. The surgery is nothing really. I am sore, but it is bearable, and I am so thrilled to be over this part, that I am looking ahead with eager anticipation! Please feel free to ask any questions. I am not an expert, but will certainly be happy to share any info from pre-op to surgery. Best of luck!!!

In getting banded Sept 20... I'm super excited & nervouse at the same time. I've only told a handful of people, I'm so happy I'll have all of you for support!!! XOXO

Best Wishes!!!